Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2016, 17:19   #1111
BANNED

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Zero Security Deposit offer in Delhi NCR on Zoom cars.

Got a mailer yesterday.
is this offer still valid? I could just use zoom car if this offer is still valid now.
Old 20th August 2016, 17:21   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
is this offer still valid? I could just use zoom car if this offer is still valid now.
No idea buddy. Please call them and ask.
Old 25th August 2016, 09:51   #1113
Team-BHP Support

Another ZoomCar complaint, via our Facebook Page.

Apparently the car was given to him with a forged PUC date (18th instead of 10th), though the windshield sticker still showed the original "10th" date.

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-screenshot-20160825094756.png

Then, the cops stopped him...

Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 11:31   #1114
Senior - BHPian

But what is the point of this petty forgery? A PUC check can be done at several petrol pumps and costs less than Rs. 100, takes maybe ten minutes.

Besides forging a government document - which this is - has an upto two year jail term and/or fine as penalty, u/s 464 IPC.

This is not just a normal traffic offence and potentially has criminal penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Another ZoomCar complaint, via our Facebook Page.

Apparently the car was given to him with a forged PUC date (18th instead of 10th), though the windshield sticker still showed the original "10th" date.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th August 2016 at 12:41. Reason: Removing youtube video from quote :)
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 12:41   #1115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
But what is the point of this petty forgery? A PUC check can be done at several petrol pumps and costs less than Rs. 100, takes maybe ten minutes.
My guess is that due to either improper planning, late previous customer, bad systems in place, laziness, or something similar -- they did not get to renew the PUC.

Then, the new customer (guy from the video) showed up and wanted the car.

If it were this simple, they'd just give it to him - as customers rarely check the documents.

However, there must have been another check in place. Probably a senior who would have to just verify that all the documents were in order.

To save his skin, the junior person in charge of renewing the PUC must have just changed the number (clearly not aware of the strict penalties of forging documents like these).

Incredible coincidence that the cops stopped the car though!
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 13:50   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
To save his skin, the junior person in charge of renewing the PUC must have just changed the number (clearly not aware of the strict penalties of forging documents like these).

Incredible coincidence that the cops stopped the car though!
Quite possible re why this happened. As for coincidence - who knows, it is getting very close to the end of the month and they probably needed some random traffic stops + real and/or invented challans to meet a quota.

Month end = rather increased risk of random traffic stops, much like weekend nights = increased DUI checks is something I've grown to expect.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 14:09   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

Does a new car need PUC certification? AFAIK a car needs its first PUC test only after completion of 1 year. This guy in the video even mentions that in the end matter was resolved as car was only a year old.

Also in Delhi and Vadodara ( 2 cities where I have got PUC done repeatedly), they now give you only the computer print out and not the sticker mentioning dates. None of my cars has anything on its windshield and cops have never objected to that even when stopped. They see the valid print out and let you go. I feel there is something fishy here. The cops first of all stopped them in a Mercedes ( rarely happens), then they matched the PUC details with the sticker on the windshield and most surprisingly in the end let them go without a forgery case against the company?
Old 26th August 2016, 19:05   #1118
BHPian

Ford Bets on India's Zoomcar

Quote:
A Ford Motor Co. investment arm is among the companies pouring $24 million into a vehicle-rental startup in India, the latest development in the race to use technology in new ways to target consumers in the world’s second-most-populous country.
Ford led the latest round via its Ford Smart Mobility LLC, a unit formed in March to invest in emerging transportation technologies. Among other existing investors were U.S. venture-capital firm Sequoia Capital.
Source: WSJ.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 17:54   #1119
BHPian

I booked XUV from Zoomcar recently.

Exterior of the car was not in good condition. Car wasn’t even cleaned properly before delivery. Last row seats didn’t have proper cushioning.

On positive side, engine was in good condition. Car was fun to drive.

NVH levels were quite high. This was the first time that I drove XUV. NHV was quite annoying particularly at high speeds.
Old 10th September 2016, 20:34   #1120
BANNED

hi fellow bhpians... hope all f you are rocking.

pardon the all lower case comments as shift key is stuck...

i had an absolutely horrible and dirty experience with zoomcar chennai over last 48 hours...

i had booked a figo for door delivery on 08.09.2016 for a drive with family to Tirupati.

I was surprised to find a Karnataka registered figo being ffered in chennai... registration number ka 03 ac 3887.

the car was in a very very horrible condition. exterior was dented all around. car was not even given a hosing down before delivery and had plenty of dust and caked mud on it. as i opened the door and sat on the driver seat, a huge cloud of dust sprang forth from the seat and was floating around the cabin. i was shocked.... there were mud prints of a child's feet on the console and passenger seat. i patted on the passenger seat as well as the rear seat and sure enough huge clouds of dust and dirt were thrown into the cabin.

as i looked at the car's tyres, i was badly shaken. the front tyres were worn thread bare and had over 62000 km on them. I was supposed to drive this piece of junk with my family all the way to Tirupati and back with some pretty rough hill roads to be negotiated.

i called up their cc and as luck would have it, the ine was getting continuusly disconnected. afetr repeated attempts by me and the guy who delivered the car to get through, i was able to speak to their cc executive after 30 minutes. they spoke as if this car s the best they could offer and when i gave him a flea in hisear, he called bak after 10 minutes to say i could pick up the only alternate vehicle available in chennai from Okkiyam, which was a good 50km and 2.5 hrs away in Chennai traffic. my request to at least get t delivered to me so that i can save time was very coolly turned down. since i wanted to reach Tirupati before t was too late, I was forced to accept this car.

once i started driving, the horror story continued... steering was very wobbly and above 50kmph, the car was travelling all over the road. what was worse, my hands fetl sticky from the dirt accumulated on the steering and gear knob... YUCK. I think they had not even cleaned the steering, gear lever and other control areas where customers frequently touch. clutch was very hard and engine sounded very rough. they had not even filled water in wiper wash.

I had had enough by this time and parked by the roadside and spent close to 45 minutes cleaning the interiors using a few bottles of sanitizer and rolls of tissue paper.

By the time i reached Tirupati, I was totally drained and stressed out.

Return journey was equally stressful and fraught with tension as the vehicle felt it would conk out at any time.

to sum up.. my zoomcar experience has left a very very bad taste and i sincerely hope i never have to go through such an unprofessional service offering ever.

Hello,

Your post is very poorly constructed, and is an eyesore to read.

Please ensure that you:

- Use CAPITAL letters where required (this PM is a good example).

- Proof-Read your posts to correct Language & Grammatical errors.

- Use the right punctuation.

- Use spaces properly (between sentences as well as paragraphs).

Thank you for the Support. These steps would go a long way in making your posts pleasurable to read for all of us (members & guests included).

Last edited by SDP : 11th September 2016 at 21:00. Reason: Please see inline
blueinkbottle is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th September 2016, 15:09   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinkbottle View Post
hi fellow bhpians... hope all f you are rocking.

pardon the all lower case comments as shift key is stuck...

i had an absolutely horrible and dirty experience with zoomcar chennai over last 48 hours...

i had booked a figo for door delivery on 08.09.2016 for a drive with family to Tirupati.

I was surprised to find a Karnataka registered figo being ffered in chennai... registration number ka 03 ac 3887.

the car was in a very very horrible condition. exterior was dented all around. car was not even given a hosing down before delivery and had plenty of dust and caked mud on it. as i opened the door and sat on the driver seat, a huge cloud of dust sprang forth from the seat and was floating around the cabin. i was shocked.... there were mud prints of a child's feet on the console and passenger seat. i patted on the passenger seat as well as the rear seat and sure enough huge clouds of dust and dirt were thrown into the cabin.

as i looked at the car's tyres, i was badly shaken. the front tyres were worn thread bare and had over 62000 km on them. I was supposed to drive this piece of junk with my family all the way to Tirupati and back with some pretty rough hill roads to be negotiated.

i called up their cc and as luck would have it, the ine was getting continuusly disconnected. afetr repeated attempts by me and the guy who delivered the car to get through, i was able to speak to their cc executive after 30 minutes. they spoke as if this car s the best they could offer and when i gave him a flea in hisear, he called bak after 10 minutes to say i could pick up the only alternate vehicle available in chennai from Okkiyam, which was a good 50km and 2.5 hrs away in Chennai traffic. my request to at least get t delivered to me so that i can save time was very coolly turned down. since i wanted to reach Tirupati before t was too late, I was forced to accept this car.

once i started driving, the horror story continued... steering was very wobbly and above 50kmph, the car was travelling all over the road. what was worse, my hands fetl sticky from the dirt accumulated on the steering and gear knob... YUCK. I think they had not even cleaned the steering, gear lever and other control areas where customers frequently touch. clutch was very hard and engine sounded very rough. they had not even filled water in wiper wash.

I had had enough by this time and parked by the roadside and spent close to 45 minutes cleaning the interiors using a few bottles of sanitizer and rolls of tissue paper.

By the time i reached Tirupati, I was totally drained and stressed out.

Return journey was equally stressful and fraught with tension as the vehicle felt it would conk out at any time.

to sum up.. my zoomcar experience has left a very very bad taste and i sincerely hope i never have to go through such an unprofessional service offering ever.
Hi!
Firstly, I'm sorry you had to go through all the ordeal. I have a few points for you:
1. All Zoomcar vehicles in Chennai are KA registered.
2. Please visit the Zoomcar yard before you book so that you can see the condition of the cars, I do that Everytime. It also helps create a good rapport with the ground staff there, they'll be ready to help.
3. Why didn't they deliver the vehicle? You have an option of door step delivery for extra 300 bucks. You could have asked them for that.
4. If the Interiors are in a bad shape, I make sure they clean it up before I pick up the car.
5. Raise a complaint with Zoomcar, contact them via Twitter. They are very active over there, I even got 10% off my total booking of 21k by contacting them there. I believe they'll make amends by giving you free driving credits.

Good luck
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 18:20   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
5. Raise a complaint with Zoomcar, contact them via Twitter. They are very active over there, I even got 10% off my total booking of 21k by contacting them there. I believe they'll make amends by giving you free driving credits.
Good luck
The last two times that I reported issues to Zoomcar (non functional AC one time, and a rubber wheel cladding that almost fell off / dangling down and bumping on the road as I drove another time), through their call center and support address, all I got were polite apologies.

I am increasingly unsure of renting from them. Does anybody have an update on how good or bad Myles is compared to Zoomcar?
Old 11th September 2016, 22:09   #1123
Senior - BHPian

I may book a self drive rental for a trip coming up at the end of this month. I need an AT car for this trip due to left knee injury. Which one is better in Mumbai between Myles & Zoomcar?

Zoomcar has Ciaz AT while Myles have options like Jazz and grand i10 AT
Old 12th September 2016, 11:15   #1124
BHPian

I had such a horrendous experience at Bangalore and after that I simply stopped even considering Zoom. I took a Ecosport as a 2nd vehicle for a trip to Kutta, Coorg. Near the exit of Nagarhole check post, the side of front left wheel touched a metal part sticking out from the ground for about 2". The tire got punctured as it got a cut on the sidewall. Zoom on return adjusted the entire deposit amount for the tire as if it was a voluntary damage. In my entire experience abroad in rental cars tire bursts, punctures, damage are part of claims of rental agencies. As there was absolutely no point in trying to convince the impenetrable veil of management of Zoom, I just expressed my dissatisfaction and decided never to use them. Also, it was a nightmare pickup experience at the Hotel on Hosur Road. I could be an odd example of lousy customer experience
Old 12th September 2016, 12:12   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
The tire got punctured as it got a cut on the sidewall. Zoom on return adjusted the entire deposit amount for the tire as if it was a voluntary damage. In my entire experience abroad in rental cars tire bursts, punctures, damage are part of claims of rental agencies.
What was the original condition of the tyre? They probably don't fit michelins and yokohomas, just the cheapest available (JK, MRF etc) so one tyre is just not going to cost you Rs.5000/- which is the deposit amount.

You can certainly contest this. They probably got two tyres for the price of one out of you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks