Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 11:28   #1276
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Folks,

I am planning to hire Zoom car for 6 days during April 3rd week from Chandigarh. Here is the plan: Chandigarh-Dharmashala-Manali-Chandigarh(Total 5 nights)

Any BHPian's have first hand experience @ Zoom Chandigarh?
I am looking to hire Figo/Swift (tight on budget). Any inputs would be highly appreciated.
Old 16th February 2017, 13:15   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hahaha! Had a sexy experience with ZoomCar. 1041 km. You could say that I helped running it in :

I'd bought an AUX cable to play music from my phone and left it behind in the car, thinking the next renter can use it. 10 minutes later, these guys came into the hotel lobby and returned the AUX cable to me. I didn't want that, but appreciated the honesty:
Attachment 1606333
GTO, I am pretty sure, they must've known who you are (Zoom is quiet net savvy that way) otherwise you may be just plain lucky

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 16:19   #1278
BHPian

Another great experience with Zoomcar!

Got an Elite i20 with about 14k on the odo.Extremely smooth and refined engine for a diesel, very nice interiors and the seat covers especially! Power delivery was linear & since it was th base variant, it didn't come with ABS. However, it had Airbags as standard. Fit the airport luggage perfectly in the boot & driving it around was a breeze. The only shortcoming that I felt it had was the road manners and the steering feedback. My Liva feels far more confident in corners and stable over bumps at speeds.

Nevertheless, had some fun launching the car off the lights 😁

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1487328543011.jpg
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 10:10   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Zoom has now started service at Kochi.

The range is now limited to Figo, Swift, i20, EcoSport, and Scorpio.

Hope to see the luxury offerings soon.

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-capture.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 19:13   #1280
BHPian

Has anyone tried Driven in Bangalore? Their Website is still not working for bookings, but they say, they are well established in Hyderabad. Only One location in Koramangala. Last time I tried booking a Jazz, but the price difference was more than 5K, over ZoomCar.

If I'd booked, then I would've been the First Customer for Jazz in Bangalore with 38 kms on the odo. Most of their Cars are One variant less than the top end.
Old 13th March 2017, 11:23   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Someone still needs to maintain the vehicles and if Zoom continues to have a lax policy on vehicle standards, nothing will change on that front by changing the asset ownership model. An ill-maintained car isn't going to fix itself.
Every morning when I am out cycling in my layout, I see various Zoom cars being used to learn driving. Usually it's the guy teaching wife/girlfriend, other times 5-6 guys taking turns to learn on the same car (usually weekends) and sometimes, there are 2-3 cars doing this at the same time. Last week there are a gentleman (!) teaching his wife, father and mother in a new red Baleno. Cars are usually Figo, Baleno, i20 etc and sometimes even larger cars like the City.

Bugs me no end to see this.

One can imagine the stress this puts on these cars and it's impact on their overall quality. Point is, it is not just Zoomcar who is responsible for the bad state of their cars, but the inconsiderate consumer as well. And going by the numbers I see, there are quite a few around, who would rather spoil somebody else's car rather than use their own or use a driving school.

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 13:04   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Every morning when I am out cycling in my layout, I see various Zoom cars being used to learn driving...

Point is, it is not just Zoomcar who is responsible for the bad state of their cars, but the inconsiderate consumer as well...
That's sad. On one hand we have customers driving around rashly and here we see them abusing the cars in a slow and steady manner. Either way, Zoomcar ends up being the victim (not that they deserve any sympathy).

Hiring a vehicle from Zoomcar is based on an implicit understanding that only the person whom the car is let out to, drives it. Anyone else - even one with a valid licence - driving it would be a breach of contract. Using the hired cars to teach driving is a misuse of a far greater magnitude.

1. The teacher is not licensed to teach.
2. The learner is not licensed to drive.
3. The car is not registered to be a learner car, lacking the required modifications/additions.

Can anything be done to prevent this type of misuse?
Old 13th March 2017, 13:20   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
That's sad. On one hand we have customers driving around rashly and here we see them abusing the cars in a slow and steady manner. Either way, Zoomcar ends up being the victim (not that they deserve any sympathy).

Can anything be done to prevent this type of misuse?
Dash or windshield mounted cameras shouldn't be too hard. But is there even the will to prevent such misuse? Last July, I had written to support@zoomcar.com reporting one such 'gentleman' teaching a lady in a Zoom XUV. I'd included very specific details for them to act. Not unsurprisingly, I never got an acknowledgement that they even read the mail. Gives me the impression that they couldn't care less. I figured following up on my whistle-blowing would be .
skandyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 18:14   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
reporting one such 'gentleman' teaching a lady in a Zoom XUV. I'd included very specific details for them to act.
What I reported was that I'd booked an Ola Prime cab last year in Bangalore, and the driver turned up in a Zoomcar Amaze.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 18:42   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
What I reported was that I'd booked an Ola Prime cab last year in Bangalore, and the driver turned up in a Zoomcar Amaze.
This is new. Did the registration number on the booking match the car?
Old 13th March 2017, 18:45   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That amazes me to no end. Didn't you try to extract the story behind this absurdity?

Could it have been that the car was somehow part of the ZAP and when not hired, was being used by the enterprising owner/driver as an app taxi too .
OR

It was the case of a regular app taxi driver not wanting to lose business while his own car was being serviced/repaired and therefore hiring a Zoomcar and then using the same to earn his living for the day.

Have you posted about it in the thread earlier? It would make quite an anecdote .
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 18:59   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
This is new. Did the registration number on the booking match the car?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
That amazes me to no end. Didn't you try to extract the story behind this absurdity?

Could it have been that the car was somehow part of the ZAP and when not hired, was being used by the enterprising owner/driver as an app taxi too .
OR

It was the case of a regular app taxi driver not wanting to lose business while his own car was being serviced/repaired and therefore hiring a Zoomcar and then using the same to earn his living for the day.

Have you posted about it in the thread earlier? It would make quite an anecdote .
This far predates the ZAP program. Over a year or more back. And I'm not sure if I posted it or not, I think I was on a 6 month break from posting to tbhp at that time.

The car in question was an Amaze with some dents and scratches, and a broken tail lamp. My suspicion is that it was listed as "out for repairs" with Zoom and a Zoom parking site guy was moonlighting as a Prime driver. I am sure you can change which car you are driving, in some driver part of the Ola app and he may have done that.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 11:32   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
I figured following up on my whistle-blowing would be .
I too considered this and decided not to since I had heard they do not bother much about such complaints.

Yesterday evening there was a red Swift doing 'L' duty. Today morning there was another Swift doing the same. The lady student almost dashed into a school bus and the 'teacher' started yelling at her...

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 14th March 2017, 13:01   #1289
BHPian

What If I cancel my booking with ZoomCar after getting allotted an unsatisfactory Car?

Will they Refund the full booking amount. The chances are bleak, since the Customer might've planned a trip and nobody wants to cancel. But, What If any Customer doesn't want to take a chance with a badly maintained Car.

It is usual from ZoomCar not to replace with another Car, forget about upgrading to a better Car.

Has anyone faced such a situation, where you've cancelled the booking?
Old 14th March 2017, 20:26   #1290
BHPian

On one hand Zoomcar seems to be turning a blind eye to their car condition while on the other hand users using these cars for learning driving. God knows who to blame.

Nonetheless that makes the task of people like us, rental seekers, tough. I am in confusion which service to use for my trip in coming two weeks for 5 days from Delhi to Jhansi and back. Any recommendations- Zoomcar, Myles or Voler?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks