Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2017, 11:09   #1351
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
Looks like zoomcar is starting with one-way rentals. Found this today on their site.
This option has been there for quite some time now, at least a year if I remember correctly. But the locations are limited. Eg: Pune - Mumbai or vice versa.

Problem with one side rentals is, it works out quite costly, since the travel time will not always accommodate the number of kms you actually drive (in reference to the free 10km per hour) so one needs to pay extra on the kms front, additionally they charge a little extra for this service. Also, one needs to drop the car at one of their location which adds to the headache (paid pick up can be opted though)
So hiring a cab with driver works out cheaper and hassle free in most cases.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 11th July 2017 at 11:10.
Old 11th July 2017, 11:19   #1352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
I see that I can only book one-way to Mysore. So, maybe they are testing this new option.
I remember few years back they had this option running for Bangalore - Chennai drop also.

I don't remember the exact amount, but it was cheap ~ Rs 500 or so. It was a limited period offer.

The reason, they were starting service in Chennai, so instead of hiring drivers to get vehicles moved to Chennai, they made money by getting the vehicle transported there for free. Its a win-win situation for both Zoom and the customers.
Old 11th July 2017, 13:43   #1353
BHPian

Revv too has recently introduced one-way rentals.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-screen-shot-20170711-1.42.11-pm.png  

Old 12th July 2017, 19:55   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Anyone want to buy some ready to be condemned vehicles? Friend just got this -

ZOOMCAR>YARD AUCTION BANGLORE 13-JULY@1-PM>100+CARS>EMD-20K(PER VEHICLE)/2% BUYER FEE EXTRA@BANGLORE AIRPORT TOLL PLAZA>DBESTCARS-8219517708/9711990777
Old 20th July 2017, 17:59   #1355

Hi Fellow BHPians,

I am planning to do 2500 KMs road trip around Rajasthan in August for 7 days. For that, I have planned to rent a Zoomcar from Jaipur. They are offering me a Swift, Figo, i20, Jazz, Ecosport and a Scorpio. We are a bunch of 5 friends and out of them 3 are at around 70 Kgs weight. So, please can someone clear out my queries related to the same.

1. How is the quality of cars provided by Zoomcar in Jaipur?
2. Which car should I prefer for the road trip taking into consideration the fact that we will have 7 days of luggage, 5 people and the fact that I will be the sole driver (I have never driven a full blown SUV like Scorpio before).
Old 20th July 2017, 18:41   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarshi.sarker View Post
Hi Fellow BHPians,

I am planning to do 2500 KMs road trip around Rajasthan in August for 7 days. For that, I have planned to rent a Zoomcar from Jaipur.
Well, I did use Zoom cars in Jaipur, pick up at the Railway Station. It was a new KUV with less than 5K on it and the Zoom Executives were okay.

And by the looks of the cars around, I should say they were much better looks wise [ compared with Hyd] .

Quote:

They are offering me a Swift, Figo, i20, Jazz, Ecosport and a Scorpio. We are a bunch of 5 friends and out of them 3 are at around 70 Kgs weight. So, please can someone clear out my queries related to the same.

1. How is the quality of cars provided by Zoomcar in Jaipur?
2. Which car should I prefer for the road trip taking into consideration the fact that we will have 7 days of luggage, 5 people and the fact that I will be the sole driver (I have never driven a full blown SUV like Scorpio before).
70 KG Individual is just normal for an adult , given their height is above average, no !
So you got 3 average weighed adults plus 2.

Any way, your query related to weight would only be cleared if you mention the height of them or if you choose to say whether they are on which side of the average.

But assuming the 5 above average sized adults, I reckon a Ecosport would be perfect for you [ the swift/figo/jazz might seem congested ] or Scorpio , if you have considerable luggage.

And coming to the driving of Scorpio, there is little reason to think even if you haven't driven an SUV.

With legal speeds and careful maneuvers , you are good to go [ I own a Swift and have driven a Zoom Scorpio effortlessly] . Just remember, no cornering or sudden cuts as one might do on a sedan or hatch.

Have fun and safe driving - Rajasthan is a marvelous place to discover.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 17:03   #1357

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Well, I did use Zoom cars in Jaipur, pick up at the Railway Station. It was a new KUV with less than 5K on it and the Zoom Executives were okay.

Thanks poised2drive for the detailed explaination. I certainly a feel a lot more relaxed now with your provided imputs. Regarding the passengers details, please find them mentioned below.

Passenger 1 (Driver/Myself): 5'10 - 78 Kgs
Passenger 2 (Male): 5'11 - 74 Kgs
Passenger 3 (Male): 5'4 - 58 Kgs
Passenger 4 (Female): 5'5 - 71 Kgs
Passenger 5 (Female): 5'6 - 74 Kgs

Can you Please provide more insight now?

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 23rd July 2017 at 19:37. Reason: Quoted post trimmed
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:18   #1358
BHPian

I wish to do a one-way zoom car self-drive rental in Rajasthan (in December), viz. Pick up in Jaipur, drop off in Jodhpur. Can I do this?
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:24   #1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I wish to do a one-way zoom car self-drive rental in Rajasthan (in December), viz. Pick up in Jaipur, drop off in Jodhpur. Can I do this?
Vharihar, zoomcar has not yet started the one-way pick up and drop service from their Jaipur station....
rajarshi.sarker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:07   #1360
BHPian

For a self drive rental for 4 adults and 2 8-10 year kids, what vehicle is suitable for 8 day road trip ? Any quick answer is most welcome. I plan to take self-drive vehicle from Bangalore.
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:33   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
For a self drive rental for 4 adults and 2 8-10 year kids, what vehicle is suitable for 8 day road trip ? Any quick answer is most welcome. I plan to take self-drive vehicle from Bangalore.
Hello, Innova is synonymous with long road trips. Recently we did a 4500 km road trip spanning north India and we never felt any fatigue.
Drive Safe.
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:49   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Vharihar, zoomcar has not yet started the one-way pick up and drop service from their Jaipur station....
I pinged some more providers, and learned that the following provider offers it, at an extra charge: https://www.mychoize.com/
Old 23rd July 2017, 18:28   #1363

Quote:
Where you are planning to go to in terms of terrain and weather? Are you looking for a particular segment car or are you ok with all sorts of them? Any cost boundations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I pinged some more providers, and learned that the following provider offers it, at an extra charge: https://www.mychoize.com/
If that's the case, then you should carry on with that booking. I found mychoize to be pretty expensive.... They are providing terranno and figo aspire, right?

Last edited by ampere : 23rd July 2017 at 19:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 23rd July 2017, 23:09   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Where you are planning to go to in terms of terrain and weather? Are you looking for a particular segment car or are you ok with all sorts of them? Any cost boundations?
This will be mixed terrain - mainly costal Karnataka. Not looking anything more than 40k for 8 days. Toyota, Mahindra should be okay but not Audi and Merc!
Old 23rd July 2017, 23:27   #1365

Quote:
This will be mixed terrain - mainly costal Karnataka. Not looking anything more than 40k for 8 days. Toyota, Mahindra should be okay but not Audi and Merc!
Then you can opt for a lot of cars. That totally depends on your suitability. You can opt for jazz, baleno, i20 or figo in hatchback. You can also opt for Honda city or ciaz(if wanna go for automatic). In suv/compact such segment, you can opt for creta, ecosport or scorpio.
rajarshi.sarker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks