Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2017, 08:57   #1366
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarshi.sarker View Post
Then you can opt for a lot of cars. That totally depends on your suitability. You can opt for jazz, baleno, i20 or figo in hatchback. You can also opt for Honda city or ciaz(if wanna go for automatic). In suv/compact such segment, you can opt for creta, ecosport or scorpio.
Thanks. But I don't think we all can fit into these cars (4 adults and two 8-10 year olds) comfortably.
So I think with number of people and luggage we may have, we need a bigger vehicle - something like Ertiga, Innova or xuv500?
Old 24th July 2017, 09:42   #1367
Senior - BHPian

I picked up a Dustur from bangalore for about 10 days. The company was Revv. The car was in fairly decent condition but the service was hassle free and smooth.The best part, you can opt for a different drop and pickup location. Anyhow, Bangalore has a lot options for self rentals.
Coming to your query, you can look at a TUV 300 it has the width or the innova/xuv. The sedans are going to be tight.You can let both the kids sit on the front seat and have 3 adults on the rear to see if its better than 4 at the rear.
Old 24th July 2017, 13:18   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
If that's the case, then you should carry on with that booking. I found mychoize to be pretty expensive.... They are providing terranno and figo aspire, right?
Yes, they seem to be providing Terrano and Figo Aspire.

5 days manual diesel Terrano seems to cost Rs 23K - 2K discount (code DRIVEMORE) = Rs 21K + 6K refundable deposit

Plus I'd need to pay the following extra for one-way rental:
- Toll tax and parking charges for getting the vehicle back to Jaipur (say, 0.5K)
- Fuel charges from Jodhpur To Jaipur (say 1.5K)

So I estimate an extra of 3.5K, taking the total to approx 25K + 6K refundable deposit, for 5 days.

Fuel: MyChoize offers with a full tank of fuel, and we need to return it with a full tank of fuel.

Definitely costlier than zoom cars!

Last edited by vharihar : 24th July 2017 at 13:30.
Old 25th July 2017, 12:10   #1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Thanks. But I don't think we all can fit into these cars (4 adults and two 8-10 year olds) comfortably.
So I think with number of people and luggage we may have, we need a bigger vehicle - something like Ertiga, Innova or xuv500?
dmplog, Sorry, I completely missed that point. In this scenario, you have to opt for some 7 seater. Then, Ertiga or Innova or TUV 300 or Scorpio (Try to avoid Scorpio as due to body-roll, the kids may get giddy) is going to be your best bet. You have tonnes of options for Self-Drive in Bangalore though!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Yes, they seem to be providing Terrano and Figo Aspire.

But you don't have a choice. You need to do a one way booking. You have to opt for Mychoize only!!!

Last edited by ampere : 25th July 2017 at 12:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged
rajarshi.sarker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:11   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
dmplog, Sorry, I completely missed that point. In this scenario, you have to opt for some 7 seater. Then, Ertiga or Innova or TUV 300 or Scorpio (Try to avoid Scorpio as due to body-roll, the kids may get giddy) is going to be your best bet. You have tonnes of options for Self-Drive in Bangalore though!!!!
No worries. I thought so.
Will avoid Scorpio for sure. I agree that there are numerous rental services: Zoom, Revv, Myles and MyChoize. I see that some also offer Crysta.
Off the cars such as Innova, XUV, Ertiga, I am inclined to prefer Innova because both XUV and Ertiga have hardly any space for luggage once all 3 rows are being used by passengers.
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 00:31   #1371

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
No worries. I thought so.
Will avoid Scorpio for sure. I agree that there are numerous rental services: Zoom, Revv, Myles and MyChoize. I see that some also offer Crysta.
Off the cars such as Innova, XUV, Ertiga, I am inclined to prefer Innova because both XUV and Ertiga have hardly any space for luggage once all 3 rows are being used by passengers.
First of all, sorry for the delay in reply. Got stuck in the conundrum..
Innova is anytime better than the rest of the cars!! Go ahead and book that. Best of luck for the trip!!! Hope to read a travelogue from you on the same!!
Old 4th August 2017, 15:57   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Zoomcar has launched 'Hop' one-way intercity service on select routes. Now, customers will be prompted to enter a drop-off city and location during the booking process over the Zoomcar app or website.

Pricing will be based on the time required to cover the distance and the cost of fuel.

Initially, the service is available on 24 routes including Bangalore-Mysore, Bangalore – Mangalore, Mangalore – Mysore, Mumbai – Pune, Ahmedabad – Surat, Kolkata – Siliguri, Chennai – Coimbatore, Vijayawada – Vizag.

Zoomcar also plans to add interstate routes to their 'Hop' service in the future.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th August 2017 at 15:59.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 19:47   #1373
Senior - BHPian

This is a very convenient service. I am hoping the drop off point can be anything in the drop off city and not only a zoomcar location. Revv has this service and it becomes very easy to plan the trip given its flexibility.
Old 8th August 2017, 20:43   #1374
BHPian

I have booked a Swift from Zoom for a day outing at Siliguri (W.B.) next Sunday. I have opted for home delivery for an additional Rs.300. Does this include only home delivery OR it includes vehicle collection from home after trip is over.
Old 9th August 2017, 09:29   #1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have booked a Swift from Zoom for a day outing at Siliguri (W.B.) next Sunday. I have opted for home delivery for an additional Rs.300. Does this include only home delivery OR it includes vehicle collection from home after trip is over.
Hi Ankan, it includes both pick-up and drop facility. But as this is zoomcar, pick-up and drop points has to be the same. Please let the zoomcar representative know one hour before you are supposed to return the car. Does this suffice your requirement?
rajarshi.sarker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 18:41   #1376
BHPian

Urgent help needed! Please share zoomcars helpdesk contact number, preferably of Siliguri branch. The website is showing only an email option with no ph number.
Old 11th August 2017, 19:44   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Urgent help needed! Please share zoomcars helpdesk contact number, preferably of Siliguri branch. The website is showing only an email option with no ph number.
Zoomcar's 24x7 Customer Support: 18601239666
Old 13th August 2017, 21:02   #1378
BHPian

Anybody used zoomcar in Kolkata? If yes, some feedback please. Also, do they still keep a 5k deposit. Have not used them in a while and could not find this detail on the site.

Can somebody also comment on member liability in case of a mishap? Earlier it was limited to the 5k deposit but read a couple of pages back that 10k is the deductible now.
Old 13th August 2017, 22:53   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
If yes, some feedback please. Also, do they still keep a 5k deposit....
Earlier it was limited to the 5k deposit but read a couple of pages back that 10k is the deductible now.
The security deposit is still 5K. However the liability deductible is 10K max.

Last edited by ampere : 13th August 2017 at 23:16.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 13:31   #1380
BHPian

Relatively better experience from zoomcar this time. Had booked a Ford Endeavour for a 4 day trip last week to be delivered to my home. They tried to get me to come and pick it up giving some random nonsense about vehicle under maintenance etc. I stuck to my booking and was ready to cancel so they eventually delivered it as promised. I had booked zoomcar after some poor experiences only because of the choice of the vehicle. On the plus side it was a 4X4 but AT should have been available.

Overall pick up and drop and the vehicle condition was good. I found their customer support experience to have improved from previous time.
neeravnaik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks