Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2019, 10:33   #1576
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
I have tried calling at their customer care # but it seems one can talk to the customer care exec only after making a booking since all other options take one back to their site with no human interaction. Is there another number I can call to check if they will accept the e-DL from Digilocker?
You could try contacting them through Facebook Messenger from their Page. Here is the link: Zoomcar
Also from their website you could navigate to an email option by choosing something like General Feedback in the list of options.
Old 17th May 2019, 12:03   #1577
BHPian

I have booked Zoomcar for their airport pickup in Bangalore for past 3 visits (Creta, Ecosports). It has been a pleasant experience so far.

I also did a family trip to Trivandrum using Zoomcar again. The quality of cars ranged from average to good in all the trips. The speed limiter was a pain though. I did get cars at times that did not have a limiter.

I have also used Avis in Bangalore (XUV5OO). The car condition was good but they did happen to deliver me one that wasn't exactly clean. The car availability also remains an issue with them along with the absence of airport drop/pick ups.
Old 30th May 2019, 10:17   #1578
Senior - BHPian

A review of Zoomcar from someone I know slightly:

https://medium.com/@jackerhack/is-zo...p-430d46b6979a

He answers the question, is Zoomcar a replacement for car ownership?
binand is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 12:59   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
A review of Zoomcar from someone I know slightly:

https://medium.com/@jackerhack/is-zo...p-430d46b6979a

He answers the question, is Zoomcar a replacement for car ownership?
I know him from the late 90s and well, it seems to be less an answer to zoom vs your own car in a situation where travel to Delhi / Chandigarh by car would take some days vs a couple of hours by air (the classic use case for a rental anyway), and more a rant about Zoom returning his deposit and then trying to bill him 8k for a small scratch. Some other chap earlier in this thread was hit with a 2.5 lakh bill for a seized engine because zoom hadn't filled oil.

This sort of difference of opinion is usual with completely app based services where the handoff is through photos in an app. If a company rep hands over and accepts the car after doing a PDI and with signatures on paper there is very little likelihood of such ex post facto charges happening.

Last edited by hserus : 31st May 2019 at 13:01.
Old 31st May 2019, 13:07   #1580
BHPian

Hi I am in a predicament. I had made a booking for 4 days on Zoomcar using their 50% discount offer last month. That was my first ever booking on zoomcar or any self drive platform.

I now have a medical appointment planned during that duration so I booked for the week after a 5 day trip with the same car, a Hyundai Creta. For the new booking I utilised another 50% discount offer which is now running. The booking amounts are also the same.

When I try to cancel the first booking, instead of cancelation fees of Rs 200 (as is mentioned in their generic policy), it shows the entire amount of 15500 as cancellation fees. I wrote to them via email but didn't get a response. So called them and wrote on Twitter and they said the first booking is non refundable under that offers terms. The second is refundable.

I tried to reason that they are getting the exact same amount, and charging 15500 for cancellation for a first time customer is hard to digest but they say they cannot help and are sending canned replies.

Does anyone have a contact of a higher up at zoomcar that I can write to? This has seriously put me off and am upset about how rigid they are being. I don't know what, if any, options I have except writing off 15500 :(
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-screenshot_20190531130522352_com.brave.browser.png  

Old 31st May 2019, 14:43   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi I am in a predicament. I had made a booking for 4 days on Zoomcar using their 50% discount offer last month. That was my first ever booking on zoomcar or any self drive platform.
If you bought a non refundable air ticket you'd be in the same predicament and not asking this question
Old 31st May 2019, 15:15   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you bought a non refundable air ticket you'd be in the same predicament and not asking this question
Well I get your point.

But their cancelation policy mentions Rs 200 if I cancel before 24 hours. The trip dates are a month away.

My mistake was not in seeing the fine print of the 50% discount offer, which overrides their cancellation policy
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:49   #1583
BHPian

Experienced good service from Zoom Car last week. Though it was not smooth initially, but overall it was great.

Booked Hyundai Creta for 6 days from Delhi to drive to places in Uttarakhand. Booked in April end to pickup from Mahipalpur Zoom Car depot. Hiccup started on the day of travel. Got a call from Zoom car customer care saying the car is not available (felt like it was their canned reply saying car needed servicing) so they arranged an Hexa for me without paying extra. In heat of the moment did not think much and I said its fine. All details and new location for the car were shared. But then I thought of fuel economy and gave them call just 30 min before pickup time. Explained my situation that I need a compact SUV as I booked originally. And surprisingly (and luckily) they put my call on hold for couple of minutes and arranged one Zap drive Ecosport (so I had to go to owners place to pickup but it was nearby). All details shared within 30 minutes. Then there was an issue in Zoom Car mobile application, may be with so many changes in booking, the App could not unlock the car(the unlock option was disabled). Need to make two more calls and they unlocked it from their side. Another thing they did, because the pickup time crossed my booked pickup time by an hour due to all changes and manual unlock, they gave 1 hour extra for drop off.

From then on, it was smooth ride. The car condition was really good and had clean interior, also there was no major scratches or dents. Though the call center guys asked to take photo from all sides before unlocking the car. Only thing bothered was the 80kmph limiter.

Opted from fuel excluded option and got 840Km free ride, and moreover Ecosport is cheaper than Creta, so they refunded that amount too.

Hand over checklist is little painful, as you have to upload at least 10 photos altogether to complete all steps and lock the car.
dipdawiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 12:06   #1584
Distinguished - BHPian

is there any self-drive service which would allow me to pick up a car in Bangalore and drop it off later in the day at Coorg? I think Zoom has it, but only from Bangalore to Mysore.
Old 5th June 2019, 13:34   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
is there any self-drive service which would allow me to pick up a car in Bangalore and drop it off later in the day at Coorg? I think Zoom has it, but only from Bangalore to Mysore.
Zoom has it but only to select cities like Chennai, Hyd etc. So, it just does not work for coorg.

I had a similar requirement to go from Bangalore to Goa but could not find any great way to rent a car. So bus/train is still the best way for one way travels. Unfortunately for us BHPians.
deep_bang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 09:13   #1586
BHPian

I am sharing the experience of my friend. They charged him 836 Rs for no reason even after leaving the car with enough fuel.

https://www.facebook.com/10989467914...381026&sfns=mo
hema4saran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 10:15   #1587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Zoom has it but only to select cities like Chennai, Hyd etc. So, it just does not work for coorg.

I had a similar requirement to go from Bangalore to Goa but could not find any great way to rent a car. So bus/train is still the best way for one way travels. Unfortunately for us BHPians.
Shame.
Anyhow, is driving a rental from Zoom or myles a problem from and in Bangalore to Coorg? Taxi unions, tax people harassment etc, like it is in Leh ?
Old 6th June 2019, 11:26   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shame.
Anyhow, is driving a rental from Zoom or myles a problem from and in Bangalore to Coorg? Taxi unions, tax people harassment etc, like it is in Leh ?
Nothing of the sort, feel free to drive - just that you will need to bring it back to Bangalore to return it.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 14:52   #1589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Nothing of the sort, feel free to drive - just that you will need to bring it back to Bangalore to return it.
Thanks,
Booked from koramangala, return to airport from Revv.
Old 10th June 2019, 22:28   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shame.
Just came back from a vacation in Coorg, got myself a Zoomcar from Airport. I had originally ordered for Nexon, but last minute nasty surprise from Zoomcar landed me in a 2018 face lifted Ecosport, which proved to be good vehicle but with limited space ( 4 adults, 1 Kid and 1 infant). No problems like Leh, bit turned out that local are more helpful, when they find you in a self drive vehicle.
Zoomcar has charged me for additional 500 kms, but has not yet given me any of the details asked for like Kms driven by me. Moreover vehicle returning procedure was also strange, executive took keys from me drove the vehicle around the parking zone and parked the vehicle, he neither asked to make a check or any sort of formality. i would prefer to take my own car rather than something like Zoomcar.

Most Viewed