Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2020, 13:13   #1636
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

I had a great experience with Zoom car, being my first with rentals. Drove it for about 900kms between Kovalam and Munnar in a week and everything was good. Picked the car from the airport, it had done 36,000 kms. Once done, Dropped it at the airport, guy uploaded fuel bills, we departed and within a week, got the amount reimbursed in my account.
It ran like a charm, AC was phenomenal, there were no rattles. My wife liked it more than she likes my Polo(Not cool). All in all, it was an awesome experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20191129_054510.jpg  

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20191127_130241.jpg  

adamkathy23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 18:37   #1637
BHPian

Here is my experience with Zoomcar:

I had booked a car (Ecosport) for 5 days, but had to cut short the vacation to 2 days. I modified the booking online 4 days before starting the trip, and got the pro-rated refund 8 days after the trip was completed.

Pick-up point was in a mall parking, and an attendant stepped in quickly to help. The car had 99k km on it (I got the opportunity to push it up to 6 digits!), and the age showed. Further, it was a base model, with few essential goodies like reverse sensors were missing (not even audio sensors). I guess that explained the dents on the hatch! Another irritant - the car came with 1/4th of the tank of diesel. It is almost impossible to fill it back up to the exact same level. I would much prefer a full tank for a rental.

The car ran well for the two days, it was smooth to drive, and suspension was in a good shape, too (unlike the Ola's and Uber's I took on the trip). Enjoyed the high seating Ecosport offered.

Overall experience: 3.5/5
Old 14th January 2020, 21:00   #1638
Team-BHP Support

I will never use ZOOM CARS ever again.

On my last trip to Chennai, I had used a Zoom Car. It gave me some credit points because of an offer.

There was a lot of headache due to the parking issues with that car and I wrote about it, here (Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India).

I wanted to book a zoomcar using the home pickup and drop. But the system refused to let me book a vehicle. It kept giving application error for the available Scorpio and EcoSport.
I tried multiple times over two days and finally gave up.

I had no option but to book the Revv Car and I am very happy with that professional system.

The booking was for 2 days.

On the third day, I again needed a car. So decided to try Zoom and I could not use the home pickup and drop.

I was trying to book at 10:30 AM for a car from 11:30 AM.

I was in Adyar and the car booked was supposed to be in the parking lot of the Saidapet Metro. I took a auto and reached the location. There was no car. I searched the entire place and even took the help of the parking attendant. The parking attendant also made it a point to tell me that even if I get a car, I am not supposed to bring it back to this parking lot because they will not allow it inside.

Zoom car customer support then tells me the car is not available. I have no idea why it let me book the car. Then I am told they will change the booking to a different car in a nearby location. That location happens to be somewhere in Velachery-Taramani road.

This would be a good 40 minutes away from where I am.

So to pickup the nonexistant car, I traveled a good 6 kilometers in traffic and was then supposed to travel another 7 kilometers to pick up the new car. Then drive back home, which would be about 7 kilometers away from that location.

This Zoom's aggregation model is something I find to be very poorly managed. I cancelled my booking and came back home.
Will never ever use this again.

Last edited by ajmat : 14th January 2020 at 22:50. Reason: from not form!
bblost is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 21:29   #1639

Hi

Just used Zoom car in Pune from 13th to 16th January.
Anyone planning to use Zoomcar in Pune please be advised they are a horror not worth talking about.

I have had a good experience earlier in Chandigarh and was hoping the same would repeat.

The promised car at Pune Railway Station at 8 AM never happened and upon calling the fleet was informed that someone is coming but no one turned up. Around 10.30 I get an SMS that I have to pick up the car from their Viman nagar location. This after making multiple calls to their Customers care. Finally at 10.30 I had to leave my family at the station with the luggage and take a cab to pick up the car.

Unfortunately all charges are paid in advance including delivery charge and drop off charges. Upon reaching their locaton I get a dirty unwashed and old Swift which rattles and shakes like a box of cans.

Having no choice I am forced to accept all this just to ensure our vacation to Mahabaleshwar goes onwards.

I am returning back to Pune Railway station tomorrow and had called in advance today to confirm them to collect the car at Railway station Now they say that I changed the pickup location and hence have to return it back to the same Location .

Tomorrow I will know what finally will happen and whether I will Zoom out of this pathetic service for ever.
I look forward to know if this is the same across India or specific to the rotten team at Pune
cskbh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 22:42   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskbh View Post
Hi
Just used Zoom car in Pune from 13th to 16th January.
Anyone planning to use Zoomcar in Pune please be advised they are a horror not worth talking about.

I also had similar experience with zoomcar during my visit to Pune. I booked for Airport and when I called the guy who was supposed to pick me up he told me to call zoomcar and they said no car available (after 2 hours of scheduled pick up time). I open the app and see that there are 3 cars available at different locations and tell them to give me any of them and I will pick it up but they don't budge. They forcefully cancel my booking and then give me 500 bucks "for the trouble". I don't even have words to describe how I felt at that time. Had to waste one day in Pune and booked car from different operator for my trip.
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:41   #1641
BHPian

Really bad experience with Zoomcar

We were travelling to Mumbai from UAE. Me, my wife and 2 kids were travelling to Pune after landing at Mumbai airport so we decided to use Zoomcar. I booked the Scorpio and paid for airport delivery. I called up to ensure that airport delivery will happen since my younger one is only 8 month old and carrying Pram on Mumbai roads was out of question.

On the day when we landed, I received the SMS that car is ready for delivery. I called up the executive and he told me that there is no one available for delivering the car to airport and I will have to travel to their parking lot which was about 1.5 km away. I tried telling him that I have 2 kids, 1 Pram and 2 big bags with me. So walking/ auto is out of questions. But the executive was unmoved and insisted that the car will not be delivered but needs to be picked up from delivery point. I called Zoom customer service which promised to get back but never did. So I left my family at the airport and went to pickup the car.

The car was delivered in a dimly lit parking lot and was in a bad condition. I tried requesting a better car but that was the only car available. To get another 7 seater, I would have needed to travel about 19 km. With kids and wife getting bored and impatient, this was out of question. So I accepted the car and drove to Pune.

The car was pathetically maintained. It was rattling more than a badly maintained government bus. The brakes were lacking the bite and every time I pressed the brakes hard, car made weird sound of metal being scratched against other metal. With utmost caution, I drove to Pune and rested for the night.

Next day, I got into the car and checked it thoroughly. I will let pictures do the talking.

Cigarette holes in seat
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-cigarette-holes.jpg

Badly cleaned areas
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-coin-holder.jpg

Condition of doors
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-door-condition.jpg

Carpet was covered in layers of dust. This car was cleaned for months (if not ever)
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-front-carpet.jpg

Hairs everywhere in the car
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-hairs.jpg

Cleaning condition in handbrake area
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-handbrake.jpg

Rear carpet was no different than front
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-rear-carpet.jpg

Seat condition was equally pathetic
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-seat.jpg

Badly maintained car overall
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-storage.jpg

Gutka stains everywhere
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-trunk-gutka.jpg

I complained to Zoom that this is not what I can accept and this was only 1st day of total 11 day booking. Zoomcar accept me to get it cleaned at local cleaner and they will pay be Rs. 500 (maximum) for the cleaning. I told them that I will not invest time and energy in cleaning the car and this is not something that could be cleaned in Rs. 500. Zoomcar customer care told me that nothing could be done since I am in Pune and the car was taken from Mumbai. Pune Zoomcar center had a better Scorpio but Zoom refused to budge. They insisted that either I keep using the same car or travel all the way to Mumbai to get a replacement car.

Seeing the discussion going nowhere, I decided to drive to nearest Zoomcar center to see if the in-person conversations would help. The center was only about 2 km away from my home.

I would have driven the car for about a km when the brakes again made the scratching sound and stopped working. Luckily, I was only taking a turn and there was no vehicle ahead of me. I had never faced a brake failure and had no idea of how to deal with it.

I did what came to my mind. I slotted the car to fourth gear and took the foot off accelerator while honking away to glory to make sure no one gets in my path. The car stopped after few meters.

Called up Zoomcar again and they gave the same solution. Get the car repaired from local mechanic and they will reimburse the expenses. This is where I escalated the matters, few heated conversation and the executive connected me with someone senior in the team.

The senior person was more understanding and was genuinely trying to help. But he expressed the inability to provide a replacement car in Pune since he had no authority to override the company policy. So he gave me an option of cancelling the booking with 100% refund and the car towed away at the Zoomcars expense. He confirmed that this was the best he could do. Seeing no alternative, I accepted the solution.

Within an hour, the flatbed arrived and took the car away.
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-flatbed.jpg

The refund process was smooth. Hardly 30 minutes after the car was taken away, I received the refund initiation message and within 72 hours, I received the complete refund.

Will I book the Zoomcar again? Probably Yes but this time, I would book it for leisure & in-person after seeing the car and not depend on Zoomcar if I have some critical work that depends on the car being available.
theflyingguy is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 21:12   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingguy View Post
Really bad experience with Zoomcar

Will I book the Zoomcar again? Probably Yes but this time, I would book it for leisure & in-person after seeing the car and not depend on Zoomcar if I have some critical work that depends on the car being available.
That is such a bad ordeal, cannot find imagine using the car in that condition.
Zoomcar quality levels have gone down considerably.
They are never on my list for Self drive rentals.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 21:57   #1643
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
...Zoomcar quality levels have gone down considerably.
This isn't new. The only happy Zoomcar customers are the ones lucky enough to get a car that's either new(ish) or yet to hit junk status.

That car is not an exception. Zoomcar vehicles NOT in that state (or on the way to it) are the exception.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd January 2020 at 22:00.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:31   #1644
BHPian

Zoomcar is to be taken if there is no other option. I had hired a Tata Hexa in Bhopal for few days. The condition of car was average and it was extremely dirty. There is no other option in bhopal for self drive. The pick and drop experience was smooth without any manual interaction.
Old 2nd February 2020, 02:08   #1645
BHPian

I am never booking a Zoomcar ever again in my life.
The experience was outright pathetic to say the least, I am flabbergasted by the customer experience and vehicle quality these guys are offering. Yes! I have heard a few horror stories but well being an optimist, I didn't expect it to go soo bad.

I booked the car on 1st Feb, Early Morning, the Zoomcar Pick Up Hub is just 550 metres away from my residence hence I expected to get the vehicle right there. The first surprise, hubs don't have vehicles, one has to collect a vehicle near there hub in a radius of 10 kms, the car allotted to me was 6 kms away. After multiple calls with the helpline, I decided to adjust as I really needed the car cause mine is in servicing and had some important work this weekend, they gave me an extra hour to compensate for the travel time which seemed fair enough.

The second surprise, the Swift AT turned out to be parked in an extremely shady locality & the it was filthy, the mats were super dirty along with the exteriors, the central console was super dirty as well. I didn't even felt like sitting in the vehicle hence ended up calling the helpline again and after numerous phones calls standing under the sun finally the team decided to allot me another vehicle, a Freestyle, 7 kms away from the pick up point. Again, as the requirement was their I decided to pick it up.

The big surprise, the car was 3.8 kms away from the stated pick up location, secondly if the first vicinity was shady, I don't know what to call this one. It was much worse, I was glad there was no woman with me nor any valuables. It outright felt scary.

The bigger surprise, This car was worse than the Swift. It felt like the guys driving the vehicle were smoking in the desert with the window open and were driving at a high speed while doing that. The mats were absolutely muddy, cigarette ashes all over the central console and door pockets. The odour literally made me puke.

I decided to ditch Zoomcar altogether, called up their team again, cancelled the booking, got a full refund along with the cab fares and 500 credits which I know I am never going to use in this life at least. Though it seems Zoomcar has stopped maintaining it's own fleet, rather they just provide you the Zap vehicles. There is no field staff to support you in any way, nor they have a clue on how to maintain vehicles. The pick up and drop service is also not working in Bangalore cause obviously as the hubs are not operative and these nincompoops aren't maintaining their own fleet, what's the point in hiring guys for the same?

All in all, Recommending everyone in this forum and every reader reading this to avoid Zoomcar at all cost. It's simply not worth the energy and effort. I just hope such companies shut down as soon as possible and people simply boycott them. If they cannot maintain a basic vehicle hygiene, expecting maintained paper work & mechanicals is a waste. Attaching a few pictures of the Swift AT I still got Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20200201_132856.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20200201_131425.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20200201_131429.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20200201_131437.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20200201_132740.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20200201_132803.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20200201_132908.jpg
YashD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 10:39   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I am never booking a Zoomcar ever again in my life.

The big surprise, the car was 3.8 kms away from the stated pick up location, secondly if the first vicinity was shady, I don't know what to call this one. It was much worse, I was glad there was no woman with me nor any valuables. It outright felt scary.

I decided to ditch Zoomcar altogether, called up their team again, cancelled the booking, got a full refund along with the cab fares and 500 credits which I know I am never going to use in this life at least. Though it seems Zoomcar has stopped maintaining it's own fleet, rather they just provide you the Zap vehicles. There is no field staff to support you in any way, nor they have a clue on how to maintain vehicles. The pick up and drop service is also not working in Bangalore cause obviously as the hubs are not operative and these nincompoops aren't maintaining their own fleet, what's the point in hiring guys for the same?

Yash, why would you book a Zoom car. As you said and we all know Zoom has gotten as pathetic as they can. Try out Revv. I have booked 5 times till date and it was a 10/10 service every time. I have no business interests in Revv but I highly recommend it based on my experience.

Last edited by Pancham : 2nd February 2020 at 10:41.
Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 11:50   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Yash, why would you book a Zoom car. As you said and we all know Zoom has gotten as pathetic as they can. Try out Revv. I have booked 5 times till date and it was a 10/10 service every time. I have no business interests in Revv but I highly recommend it based on my experience.
Zoomcar might acquire Revv. So use it till before the acquisition completes
ashishy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 13:41   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Zoomcar might acquire Revv. So use it till before the acquisition completes
I hope the deal doesn't works out. It needs to fail, it should fail! I was reading the reviews of Revv and the way they operate. It's so much better than Zoomcar.
At least you interact with a company executive every time you take and return the vehicle which is extremely important!
YashD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 14:30   #1649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I hope the deal doesn't works out. It needs to fail, it should fail! I was reading the reviews of Revv and the way they operate. It's so much better than Zoomcar.

At least you interact with a company executive every time you take and return the vehicle which is extremely important!

No no no. How is this even possible? How can a company like Zoom buy Revv? I had such peace of mind knowing I can book a dependable self drive car service in most parts of the country. This news is a bummer for all my travel plans.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 14:55   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
No no no. How is this even possible? How can a company like Zoom buy Revv? I had such peace of mind knowing I can book a dependable self drive car service in most parts of the country. This news is a bummer for all my travel plans.
+1
It feels so wrong!! Two companies completely different approach to doing business and customer service. I sincerely hope this doesn't go through as it'll mean end to my Self-Drive plans in near future.
Please REVV, save yourselves from the doom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks