Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2020, 08:27   #1696
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
There are 2 paragraphs that completely contradict each other. You booked the car a couple of hours before arriving in Ahmedabad and claim to have booked well in advance. I didn't understand this. How is booking some 2 hours before driving called booking well in advance? Isn't that a sort of short notice booking for Zoomcar? Would understand if you booked it like a week before or earlier than that.
No, you have misunderstood me. I had booked a zoom XUV 500 a month before my Gujarat trip but after I landed in Ahmedabad they offered me a Creta without even caring to inform me that XUV is not available with them in Ahmedabad. It's only when I called their customer care after not getting the details of booked vehicle in zoom app did they informed me about the same.
Jajabor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 16:21   #1697
BHPian

Had a bad experience in trying to book for a car today for a short commute. Zoomcar was offering ads stating that they offered home delivery of sanitised cars. I booked for a car and it didn't turn up. Not even showing the location of the car if it's at one of their parking lots. No actual customer service support available either. Recommend to stay far away from these guys. I will be going to the revv or drivezy camp, thank you.
Old 24th March 2020, 21:14   #1698
BHPian

I have a Zoomcar booking on 17th April'2020. Given the 21 days nation-wide lockdown period and Corona virus pandemic, I may not be able to carry on with my planned trip.
I am unable to find their customer care number or reach them through any other means.
Will I get full refund if I cancel my trip?
Old 24th March 2020, 21:53   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
I have a Zoomcar booking on 17th April'2020. Given the 21 days nation-wide lockdown period and Corona virus pandemic, I may not be able to carry on with my planned trip.
I am unable to find their customer care number or reach them through any other means.
If there is an extension of the shutdown they will refund and cancel. If not go and travel. What is the confusion here?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 21:57   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
You can read them via the app. Raise a service request for cancellation and refund. Keep in mind that all organisations are working with limited staff so turnaround times will be longer. Apologies if I am harsh but I think you ought to have cancelled the trip on your own much earlier as the risk isn't worth taking.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 22:35   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If there is an extension of the shutdown they will refund and cancel. If not go and travel. What is the confusion here?
My query is- On cancellation, will I get full refund or only the security deposit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
You can read them via the app. Raise a service request for cancellation and refund.
I did it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
you ought to have cancelled the trip on your own much earlier as the risk isn't worth taking.
As it was a 1 day urgent business trip, I was taking chances.
But I agree with you, I should have cancelled it.
SamitMukherjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 18:48   #1702
BHPian

I had a bad customer care experience with Zoomcar booking with delivery/pickup.,
- I had booked Marazzo for a family trip (During Jan2020) and made the full payment.
- I then realized that I had not opted for home delivery & pickup option (100% my mistake)
- I emailed them that I would need home delivery & pickup option to be included. But I was told with the steps to book with delivery & pickup with a one liner at the bottom of the email -- 'Please note that you would not be able to avail this service once the booking is confirmed.'
Note : The booking was made 20 days in advance.
- I got fed up after hearing the same reply even during the conversation over phone.

- Cancelled the booking and booked Innova Crysta from Revv which was hassle free.

I guess, Zoomcar is losing its charm to its rivals.
nax04 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 20:58   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I had no option but to book the Revv Car and I am very happy with that professional system.
I wonder why it wasn't your first choice

I've used Revv four times, in Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore and Hyderabad. Booked an XUV for early morning Nandi hills drive, drop was at 4:30 am. The car was dropped at 4 am sharp. I got an amazing grand i10 in Coimbatore as well as Hyderabad.

Revv might be the reason I may not spend money on a bigger car for my infrequent long distance trips. Their customer care is sharp and their delivery people are cultured, well mannered and have good knowledge.

Last edited by jasjotbains : 27th April 2020 at 21:00.
jasjotbains is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 21:09   #1704
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
I wonder why it wasn't your first choice

I've used Revv four times, in Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore and Hyderabad. Booked an XUV for early morning Nandi hills drive, drop was at 4:30 am. The car was dropped at 4 am sharp. I got an amazing grand i10 in Coimbatore as well as Hyderabad.

Revv might be the reason I may not spend money on a bigger car for my infrequent long distance trips. Their customer care is sharp and their delivery people are cultured, well mannered and have good knowledge.
There were some credited points that I planned to use.

I agree with you on Revv. They are very good and the delivery people are highly professional.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 10:10   #1705
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Surprisingly had a pleasant experience with Zoom. For one of my recent trips (per lockdown) rented a Ecosport from Chennai. Fortunately the car was almost brand new with just 2500 kms on ODO, cleaned and maintained very well! There was a support staff in the parking lot who helped us with the pre check process and found the spare tyre damaged. He immediately drove the car to a nearby tyre shop to replace the damaged tyre.

Overall a satisfying experience, maybe I just got lucky reading the comments here.
Striker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 11:21   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Surprisingly had a pleasant experience with Zoom. For one of my recent trips (per lockdown) rented a Ecosport from Chennai. Fortunately the car was almost brand new with just 2500 kms on ODO, cleaned and maintained very well! There was a support staff in the parking lot who helped us with the pre check process and found the spare tyre damaged. He immediately drove the car to a nearby tyre shop to replace the damaged tyre.

Overall a satisfying experience, maybe I just got lucky reading the comments here.
I also remember having a similar experience at Zoomcar Chennai (near the airport) in December 2018. We had originally booked a Ford Figo however a day before the trip we received a call that our booking had been upgraded to a Hyundai I20 as the Figo needed to undergo repairs.

The car was brand new with the plastic covers intact too. Was extremely clean and the staff were helpful too. My only grouse was that it was the bare-bones variant having only front power windows and an aftermarket system that was slightly glitchy.

But overall, a great driving experience for our 5 day trip.
Yash98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 18:45   #1707
BHPian

This is how zoomcar's email looks when a strange login happens in your account. Are they even trying? Throwing jargons like CEC at me and no link or contact details

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-screenshot_20200523184201.jpg
ashishy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 10:27   #1708
BHPian

There is a refund issue with zoom car and I don't know what to do now.
I booked and cancelled the booking. The outstanding refund is 26K and it's been close to two months.
Zoomcar help line number does not pick up and the auto reply state that you don't have a booking with us.
Someone called me and said that the company do not have funds and it will be cleared by end-December although it has a refund policy of 30 days.

Regards
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:58   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
There is a refund issue with zoom car and I don't know what to do now.
I booked and cancelled the booking. The outstanding refund is 26K and it's been close to two months.
Zoomcar help line number does not pick up and the auto reply state that you don't have a booking with us.
Someone called me and said that the company do not have funds and it will be cleared by end-December although it has a refund policy of 30 days.

Regards
Have you tried escalating the issue? And posting on their social media?
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:49   #1710
BHPian

Zoomcar has gone to the dogs. There are 100s of refund issues including mine (pending for over 6 months).

Company has no money and has shut down most car rental centers as well.

PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK YOUR MONEY WITH THEM.

Zoomcar is reacting very poorly. They have removed all options from their IVR to contact them unless you have an active booking with them and punch in that number in IVR. Emails go unanswered.

On rare occasion when you manage to connect with them, the customer care executive will blatantly lie in your face and say refund will be done in 24 hours. I have been promised refund over 10 times now (I have recordings).

If you escalate on social media you get a scripted reply and they have bought paid account on social media to flood their pages with good comments to dilute the escalations.

Really shameful for such a promising startup. I must have given a few lakhs of business to them, being treated this way is hurful.

If any one has any contact in Zoomcar, pls share.

Cheers
vishwaschettri is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks