Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 09:00   #1561
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Planning to book a XUV for 2 days from Mangalore. My query is what would be the condition of the vehicle? i plan to visit temples like kollur, Subramanya which have remote roads so would there be any chance for breakdown etc.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th April 2019 at 12:45. Reason: please do not type.. like.. this...
Old 15th April 2019, 21:51   #1562
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I am planning to be in Chennai for few days. What are my options for an organized self driving rentals, available from the Airport?
Old 15th April 2019, 23:35   #1563
BHPian

This speed limiter is non sense thing; recently hired an Innova crysta for a round trip to Agra via YEW. Imagine the car refusing to go beyond 80kmph. The engine gives a booming sound and starts vibrating the moment needle goes past 80.
Old 17th April 2019, 07:37   #1564
BHPian

Had a pleasant experience with an unorganized rental company in Cochin. The owner picked me up from the airport, drove me to his yard nearby and I collected a brand new Swift with 1100km on the ODO, still wearing a temporary registration. Uses it for 6 days and the return was a similar experience. Hassle free and would recommend and use again.
Old 26th April 2019, 16:22   #1565

Re: Zoom Car in Sikkim Restricted areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
I am planning to rent zoom car from Siliguri for a week long trip to Sikkim.

I guess this reply may be a tad bit too late. Posting for others who may have the similar question.

That is correct. Permits for places like ZeroPoint/Gurudongmar, etc. are not given for rented vehicles like Zoomcar. I did the mistake of renting Zoomcar in Siliguri and hoping to drive up to Zero point. I had to keep my vehicle parked in the hotel for 2 days and hire a local vehicle to go to Zero point.
I did manage to cover other parts though - It is a beautiful state with mesmerizing views. The issue is only when trying to drive up to North Sikkim.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th April 2019 at 17:05. Reason: Quote size reduced.
rusteinstein is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 21:02   #1566
Distinguished - BHPian

Booked a Swift AT in Mysore through Zoomcar for this weekend. Am here on work and am taking the weekend off with family so thought having wheels would be a good thing.

Received a call this afternoon for my booking starting 7 pm and was informed that the car I had selected had mechanical problems and I would be issued another car. I said what are the options and she offered me a Vitara Brezza but the pickup point was somewhere in the city. I told her I preferred to retain my current pickup point which is right outside my office and promised to get back. Sure enough called back and offered me a Ford Ecosport diesel MT at the same location.

I agreed and was pleased to see that the booking change reflected almost instantaneously in the app. Picked up the car and took her for spin on the Ring Road. Everything seems fine except the wiper moves only one blade (luckily my side) and there are some loose parts in the interior.

Will head out to Coorg tomorrow and report if any issues occured. But I thought the car exchange was quite nicely managed by the Mysore team.
Old 27th April 2019, 00:25   #1567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Had a pleasant experience with an unorganized rental company in Cochin. The owner picked me up from the airport, drove me to his yard nearby and I collected a brand new Swift with 1100km on the ODO, still wearing a temporary registration. Uses it for 6 days and the return was a similar experience. Hassle free and would recommend and use again.
Would be helpful if you could give the details of the rental agency.
And how were the booking and documentation process? I had to give a declaration in bond paper and a post-dated cheque for the IDV of the vehicle when getting a car from an unbranded agency in Trivandrum.
Old 27th April 2019, 02:09   #1568
BHPian

I had rented from Nova car rental in Cochin. They have listed their cars on their website with price and pictures. Was a good experience and I was lucky to get a brand new Swift on my six day trip. To book I was asked to share my DL, Aadhar, Business card and flight itinerary on whatsapp. No prepay and only paid when I took the car. He seems popular on Google reviews as well. I have no connection to him and found him with a Google search.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 22:10   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusteinstein View Post
I guess this reply may be a tad bit too late. Posting for others who may have the similar question.

That is correct. Permits for places like ZeroPoint/Gurudongmar, etc. are not given for rented vehicles like Zoomcar. I did the mistake of renting Zoomcar in Siliguri and hoping to drive up to Zero point. I had to keep my vehicle parked in the hotel for 2 days and hire a local vehicle to go to Zero point.
I did manage to cover other parts though - It is a beautiful state with mesmerizing views. The issue is only when trying to drive up to North Sikkim.
Thanks for the information. I knew when I booked the Zoomcar to Sikkim that I would be not able to go to all the places.

Can you please help with the places you think are worth visiting with Zoomcar in Sikkim. I am currently in Darjeeling and will be driving to Gangtok on Monday.
Old 1st May 2019, 23:13   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Thanks for the information. I knew when I booked the Zoomcar to Sikkim that I would be not able to go to all the places.

Can you please help with the places you think are worth visiting with Zoomcar in Sikkim. I am currently in Darjeeling and will be driving to Gangtok on Monday.
Our experience with zoom car was good. The creta we rented handled all roads well although there was a lot of rattling sound.
We covered mainly Kaluk, Borong & Gangtok.
The refund for the deposit was handled promptly with 5 working days.
rajatmakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 14:27   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Zoomcar offering 50% off for a limited period

Zoomcar has announced a 50% discount on self-drive car rentals. The offer is available on all bookings made during May 8-9, 2019, for travel between June 10 and July 10, 2019 and on all types of rental cars including hatchbacks and luxury cars.

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-ds3_for_pr_101.jpg

Zoomcar's latest offer is part of its annual sale called ‘The Drive Out Sale’. Customers can make bookings by logging on to the Zoomcar website or mobile app. To avail the offer customers need to use the promo code: DRIVE50 while booking.

The minimum booking duration is 8 hours and Zoom credits are not applicable during the sale period. Further, the discount is applicable only on the original reservation charges and not on excess km, late return fee or other charges.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 13:23   #1572
BHPian

Hi All

Is it possible to book with zoom using my spouse's license and drive it myself ? The reason I ask is my own DL has got mutilated and some of the text including my photo is almost washed out. The DL No. and validity is visible but the class of vehicle etc. is not.

I have checked the option of getting a replacement with RTO and am told it will take a month but I was planning to get the self drive rental next week.

One of the workarounds could be to apply for the reissue of DL in which case the RTO will issue me a receipt which is supposed to be adequate to drive until the replacement DL is issued.

Any thoughts, suggestions, workarounds from experienced members is welcome, thanks again for your help.
Old 16th May 2019, 14:14   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Is it possible to book with zoom using my spouse's license and drive it myself ? The reason I ask is my own DL has got mutilated and some of the text including my photo is almost washed out. The DL No. and validity is visible but the class of vehicle etc. is not.
You could drive the vehicle with the booking being done on your Spouse's name. Although it isn't correct legally unless you are mentioned as a co-driver in the booking (this option is there in AVIS, not sure about Zoomcar). We usually book car in my name and I do let my friends drive around when I am tired, provided I know they know to drive well. Why don't you contact Zoomcar and see if they accept the e-Driver's Licence from Digilocker App as a valid licence since your Original DL is damaged?
Old 16th May 2019, 14:59   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Why don't you contact Zoomcar and see if they accept the e-Driver's Licence from Digilocker App as a valid licence since your Original DL is damaged?
I have tried calling at their customer care # but it seems one can talk to the customer care exec only after making a booking since all other options take one back to their site with no human interaction. Is there another number I can call to check if they will accept the e-DL from Digilocker?

Thanks again for your help and prompt response.
Old 16th May 2019, 15:28   #1575
BHPian

How can I register a co driver (with valid DL) on the app for a trip? It will be a long road trip and myself and another person will take turns driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks