Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2015, 18:53   #376
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon *EDIT: Trouble in BLR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I
My only advice to Zoomcar would be to launch a "clean car package" priced at maybe 500/- for those who actually value a little attention to detail regarding the car they are driving. Dusty interiors are unforgivable for a car picked up first thing in the morning! Otherwise I had a really good experience and hope the GLA or 3 series are available for my next ride.

Did you bring that to the notice of the fleet executive ? Was the GLA automatic transmission or manual ?
Old 18th January 2015, 19:00   #377
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon *EDIT: Trouble in BLR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Did you bring that to the notice of the fleet executive ? Was the GLA automatic transmission or manual ?
Both the A class and GLA come with the same 7 speed automatic transmission. There are three modes, Economy, Sports and Manual (Paddle shifters)
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 19:44   #378
BHPian

I had booked an XUV 500 from Zoom car for a day trip yesterday with family to Mysore. Here's how the day with zoom went,

* I had booked the car from midnight till 11:45pm to use the full kms for the day. But I wanted to pick the car at early morning rather than late at night. Called up zoom and asked for a delayed pick up which was readily agreed.

* Went to Brigade Gateway in Malleshwaram at 5.30 am to pick up the car. It was a red XUV with 57k on the odo. First impressions were the dirty interiors. The seats and dashboard had visible dust and the mats were muddy.

* The car was little sluggish on the pickup and felt like the engine was strained more than required.

* The A/C did not work in the front and middle rows. Thankfully, the last row vents were working which made conditions a little manageable on a hot mysore day.

* The AUX cable provided was not working and my ipod sat inside the glovebox the whole day.

Explained all the complaints to the zoom representative while returning the car which he checked and found to be true. On the whole the experience was very average for the price paid. Zoom car experience did not match our expectations and left us disappointed overall.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 09:29   #379
Senior - BHPian

I had a great experience with Zoomcars yesterday!

I'd booked an E2O for a drive in the evening with my parents and this was my first time driving this car. Though I was sent an email that it will be a keyless entry, I met the Zoomcar executive at the parking lot and he did a manual check of the vehicle, explained everything etc. Maybe the keyless option still is being tested?

But anyways, the car assigned was in pretty good shape cosmetically - interiors were clean but not spotless. The car had around 14k on the odo? But fully charged and waiting for me.

Maybe I should put it down to the car (or maintenance?), I found the suspension quite hard. And the brakes is the car for sure - our other E2O thread talks about this quite a bit.

I had hired the car for 4 hours and reached back at the spot exactly 4 minutes within time . I called the executive as soon as I reached and he asked me to drop the key in the glovebox and leave. My bad - I forgot to key in the in car app?

Anyways, a good experience - hassle free. And they've already initiated my refund of the deposit.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 10:20   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Booked an A class about 3 weeks ago for 8 am pickup and 1 pm drop.
Wow !! That is what my itinerary is for the 24th Jan.
Planning to drive to Shravanbelagola (On NH 47, towards Hassan) with wifey and another couple. Just a half day weekend getaway.

What I am worried is about the power of this car. Have driven only one automatic till date - E20. Never driven a car with paddle shifters !!

Super excited for the drive. Hope all goes well.
Old 20th January 2015, 08:34   #381
BHPian

I have got a communication from zoom on the following
Quote:
Ford to pilot car-sharing project in Bengaluru in association with Zoomcar
Zoomcar is thrilled to deploy 5 vehicles into this pioneering initiative. For each vehicle, we will enlist 6 members who would share access to a brand new Ford Ecosport for a 3 month period. In this "shared" model, each individual would have access to the vehicle for 15 days (non-continuous) of the 3 months.
Zoomcar will offer a reduced rate to participate of just Rs 12,000 per individual upfront plus a Rs. 3/Km fuel charge paid monthly. If you have rented our cars before, you would realize that this is a substantial discount on our normal tariff. Plus you enjoy the convenience of having a brand new Ford Ecosport at your disposal, whenever you need - at home or at work!
For your peace of mind, Zoomcar will absorb 100% of the cost for all vehicle cleaning, servicing, and maintenance. Moreover, we will offer our industry leading insurance through ICICI Lombard at no extra charge; so fear not, as you're always covered!
Zoomcar is working in close collaboration with Ford to redefine urban mobility within Bangalore's concrete jungle - and we want you to join us on this journey! Please write to me directly at greg@zoomcar.com if you have an interest in participating in this bold new initiative.
Here is the official press release link
Old 20th January 2015, 11:44   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Wow !! That is what my itinerary is for the 24th Jan.
Planning to drive to Shravanbelagola (On NH 47, towards Hassan) with wifey and another couple. Just a half day weekend getaway.

What I am worried is about the power of this car. Have driven only one automatic till date - E20. Never driven a car with paddle shifters !!

Super excited for the drive. Hope all goes well.
I can relate to your excitement

When I went for my first Zoomcar trip in an A class I couldn't sleep the previous night. It was my first Mercedes experience and I was blown away the moment I stepped inside.

The diesel one has good torque coupled with paddle shift option, makes it quite fun to drive

Enjoy your day with the A class and be safe.
Old 20th January 2015, 15:30   #383
Senior - BHPian

Had booked a honda city in bangalore for thursday. Just got a sms "Hi your zoomcar booking (number) has been canceled as the car met with an accident, and we can't locate a replacement. We'll refund your money asap".

Nice, proactive tracking at any rate - very prompt, rather than leaving me hanging a couple of days more.

There's something funny .. availability of ALL cars dropped to zero for the 22nd / 23rd.

Trying car booking for a couple of random dates [1] end jan and [2] early feb also produced zero availability

Zoomcar reps are not available on the website for chatting either. Whats' going on?

Last edited by hserus : 20th January 2015 at 15:42.
Old 20th January 2015, 16:02   #384
Senior - BHPian

got the same message , something fishy going on.
anything in the news?
ms001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 16:09   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
got the same message , something fishy going on.
anything in the news?
Tweeted to them, lets see.

Suresh R @iamabofh · 2m 2 minutes ago
@ZoomCarIndia what's going on? my booking for 1/22 canceled, all inventory zero for days ahead. Others on @TeamBHPforum reporting same thing
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 16:54   #386
Senior - BHPian

Zoomcar Employees on Strike!!

Guys, bad news for people who are availing facilities from Zoom car.

Today I booked an XUV for 5 hours and I was happy when the booking happened. So with all the excitement I went to collect the car, and could not locate the car at the venue. This is when all the drama started, I started calling customer support and I tried for almost an hour and just the IVR was playing all the time and no executive would talk. Then I thought of visiting there Bangalore office and take them to task.

Unfortunately, when I reached there office I had this shocking experience where the entire office is on strike and I get an answer they are not operational from yesterday night. This made me furious and when I spoke to one of the senior executive, she said

Greg has informed the staff that support team is not required anymore and planning to remove them, since they need only technology to run this business and the co founder David is no more with Zoomcar

My question here is,

1. At first place, why was not the website blocked?
2. Why did they accept bookings?
3. Will I get a refund of the booking amount and the security deposit?
4. Any idea on how to tackle this situation?

Now the website says, Not available for any car for any day.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2015 at 12:13. Reason: Typo
Old 20th January 2015, 17:24   #387
Senior - BHPian

Re: Zoomcar Employees on Strike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
3. Will I get a refund of the booking amount and the security deposit?
4. Any idea on how to tackle this situation?

Now the website says, Not available for any car for any day.
I got an email and SMS sometime back telling me a refund has been initiated for my car rental + deposit payment.

And now stuck with uber / ola etc - the other self drive vendor in town, Carzonrent Myles, is fully booked for the next 5 days at least.
Old 20th January 2015, 17:35   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I got an email and SMS sometime back telling me a refund has been initiated for my car rental + deposit payment.

And now stuck with uber / ola etc - the other self drive vendor in town, Carzonrent Myles, is fully booked for the next 5 days at least.
Your case is with the Car meeting with an accident, but in my case even though the car was available it was not operational, as the entire Zoom office is on strike. Have dropped an email to support team as well as Greg about the entire incident, should wait and see what happens next.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 17:39   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Your case is with the Car meeting with an accident, but in my case even though the car was available it was not operational, as the entire Zoom office is on strike. Have dropped an email to support team as well as Greg about the entire incident, should wait and see what happens next.
That seems to be a stock / default reason sent to everybody who had open bookings, while cancelling them. As you can see upthread @ms001 had received such an email / sms as well.

I suppose the only reason they cancelled the booking is that the staff are on strike as you noticed - the cars are probably fit and fine, and if the staff compromises asap, these bookings will be magically restored.

Hmm - given the ridiculously inflated rates cabs are charging from the airport to the city, for people on short trips who have a valid driving license, it is a net saving to rent a zoomcar to / from the city, instead of flagging down an cab. That may not sit well with some people so this sort of strike is the natural result.
Old 20th January 2015, 18:09   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That seems to be a stock / default reason sent to everybody who had open bookings, while cancelling them. As you can see upthread @ms001 had received such an email / sms as well.

I suppose the only reason they cancelled the booking is that the staff are on strike as you noticed - the cars are probably fit and fine, and if the staff compromises asap, these bookings will be magically restored.

Hmm - given the ridiculously inflated rates cabs are charging from the airport to the city, for people on short trips who have a valid driving license, it is a net saving to rent a zoomcar to / from the city, instead of flagging down an cab. That may not sit well with some people so this sort of strike is the natural result.
Just received a call from the manager of Zoomcar and he informed that my entire amount will be refunded. Hope everything is resolved and they are back to normal. I feel there are so many enthusiasts enjoying this service from them and they need to keep up their reputation to retain there customers for long time. Hope everything goes smooth as the manager confirmed and I will be still a valued customer for Zoomcar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks