Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 13:44   #421
BHPian

Re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon *EDIT: Trouble in

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I am not sure I understand - "booking car with her ID, but I will driving the car later" and "should I even enter my Credit Card details"? I think their terms state that the person who books/registers has to be the driver.
Sorry for not being clear, We are booking car for 7 days. My sister will book the car on her name/using her zoom registered act as I am not in bangalore. I will be joining them after 2 days. Mostly, I will be driving the car for the next five days. For that I need to be registered zoom member.

And one more question, If I book car, can my sis collect the car?
Old 5th February 2015, 13:58   #422
Senior - BHPian

Re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon *EDIT: Trouble in

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Sorry for not being clear, We are booking car for 7 days. My sister will book the car on her name/using her zoom registered act as I am not in bangalore. I will be joining them after 2 days. Mostly, I will be driving the car for the next five days. For that I need to be registered zoom member.

And one more question, If I book car, can my sis collect the car?
You had better have your sister book the car. They ask for the person who made the booking to [1] collect it and [2] provide the zoom userid of any additional drivers that will be used.
Old 8th February 2015, 08:26   #423
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai

Zoomcar has quietly removed Vento from their fleet. Quite sad considering Vento was the only non-luxury car which was 'enthusiastic'.

Zoomcar, if you are reading this, please get the Vento back.
Old 8th February 2015, 19:32   #424
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Zoomcar has quietly removed Vento from their fleet. Quite sad considering Vento was the only non-luxury car which was 'enthusiastic'.
The low ground clearance of the Vento is the culprit here. Given that the car is a rental, many members would't exercise as much caution as they would with their cars while tackling steep speed humps and bad roads in general.

IIRC, they had attached some contraption to the front bumper which would scrape the surface before the bumper would, just to make drivers behave. I guess discontinuing the model is better than practicing the above!
Old 8th February 2015, 20:04   #425
Team-BHP Support

Might be several reasons. Fleet getting old and now prices having gone up. The maintenance might have been much more as well vs the City, Ecosport and Mahindras.

Secondly not many people might be opting for it as the City has more space. The Vento is not the most spacious at the back and is actually shorter on space than the Amaze. For a rental majority will not look for fun to drive but practicality.

They need to look at adding the Duster, Innova, Mobilio and other such options in the fleet.
Old 9th February 2015, 11:36   #426
Senior - BHPian

I would go for their adding an alternate hatchback to the figo to their fleet. It is highly irritating to suddenly having to adjust to left hand drive controls transplanted into a right hand drive car, with indicators and wipers on opposite sides of the steering column from where you expect.
Old 9th February 2015, 13:06   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I would go for their adding an alternate hatchback to the figo to their fleet. It is highly irritating to suddenly having to adjust to left hand drive controls transplanted into a right hand drive car, with indicators and wipers on opposite sides of the steering column from where you expect.
All Euro manufacturers follow this configuration globally- it's just that we are used to the Japanese/Korean style. Matter of getting used to, really. Hardly Zoom's fault
Old 9th February 2015, 13:39   #428
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha. Of course that's correct. Still when driving a strange car I prefer not to find out the hard way and have to keep remembering not to turn on my wipers to turn left
Old 10th February 2015, 16:47   #429
BHPian

I'm planning to rent a 7-seater (XUV/Safari) for a week in Bangalore. Can any one tell if if Zoom have
1. Luggage carrier/rail on top of the vehicle.
2. If Zoom got options of Child seats
Old 10th February 2015, 17:43   #430
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle pics shown on http://www.zoomcar.com/bangalore dont show luggage rack suvs

You can probably bring along your child seat
Old 10th February 2015, 17:55   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
I'm planning to rent a 7-seater (XUV/Safari) for a week in Bangalore. Can any one tell if if Zoom have
1. Luggage carrier/rail on top of the vehicle.
2. If Zoom got options of Child seats
The Safari I had rented did not have a rack but I've seen a Zoom Safari with rack on road. Had requested for a child seat once, but my pick up point had only a infant carrier good enough for babies upto 1.5 yrs. Call them up and tell them your requirements. Maybe they can arrange for you.
Old 10th February 2015, 17:58   #432
BHPian

Zoomcar has started referrals. So for every reference you get 500 credits once the new user proceeds with his/her first booking.

If anyone's planning their first trip with Zoomcar, I'll be more than happy to refer them
Old 12th February 2015, 20:42   #433
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Zoom are inducting a fleet of Tata Nanos. At this moment, we spotted 10+ Nanos cruising at 100 Kmg en route
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 23:12   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks like Zoom are inducting a fleet of Tata Nanos. At this moment, we spotted 10+ Nanos cruising at 100 Kmg en route
Yes they are adding Nano's to their fleet.

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-nano.jpg

Blue color looks great on Nano. I haven't seen a single Nano till date in this color Probably it's a custom color only for Zoom
fusionbang is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:59   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Yes they are adding Nano's to their fleet.
The Nanos are now showing up on the Zoom web-site & are available for booking.
A question to Nano owners who take their cars on to the highways, I have a 2-day booking with Zoom next week.
I expect to travel ~500 Kms during those 2 days, my current booking is for an Amaze, but I would like to try out the Nano instead for this trip.
The route is a 50:50 mix between 4-lane median-ed highways & 2-lane state highways.
Considering the drum brakes & 12" rims on the Nano, I don't expect to be driving at more than 80 Kmph.
There would be no luggage at all & it would just be me & a passenger.
Considering the 15-liter fuel tank of the Nano, how often would I have to 'tank-up' ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks