Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 17:59   #31
ZMG
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore! *UPDATE* Now in Pune!

Wow, this is a very good initiative. Considering 2499 a day for scorpio, with fuel for 150 kms, it is definitely very tempting as a lot of car rental agencies give an i10 for 2000 bucks for a day and ritz diesel for 2300 or something, without any fuel. They have actually cut off a huge college student market by having above 21 year as neccesity. They should look into that, as quite a few students in bangalore would love to use this service, considering the taxi and auto scene in bangalore during the late hours.
Old 7th March 2013, 21:26   #32
BHPian

Hi.

12.3 Zoom is entitled to provide Member’s personal data to third-parties for the purposes of providing individualized offers, services, and other customized information to Members."

The above point in terms and conditions is real scary. Imagine your residential address and credit card number being made public.

Andy
Old 7th March 2013, 22:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
... BTW, in the list "excluded from Zoom tariff", there is an item that reads "damage to vehicle or excessive cleaning". What's wrong with excessive cleaning? Shouldn't they be thanking the customer for doing that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
lol. It means that Zoom will charge extra if the car is brought back extremely filthy. Extra cleaning due to a very dirty car is excluded from Zoom tariff.
Even I thought there is a problem if we give the car back "shining"! And till now I was seriously thinking they have a problem with extra-clean car because they think the excessive cleaning might bring down the paint thickness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
....12.3 Zoom is entitled to provide Member’s personal data to third-parties for the purposes of providing individualized offers, services, and other customized information to Members."

The above point in terms and conditions is real scary. Imagine your residential address and credit card number being made public...
By personal data, I believe they mean "Name, email id & phone number(s)". I don't think even this guys can get the credit card info, that should be stored & used by approved payment gateways! Don't think a vendor can access the card info.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th March 2013 at 23:01.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 13:47   #34
BHPian

I took a chance to walk into their place @ Brigade Gateway and went around Scorpio.

I have booked Scorpio on March 25th for a day. Initially I had booked for this weekend, already the cars are pretty much in demand.

They have plans to extended the offer, Rs. 2500 for a day including fuel till March 31st.

The scorpio is mid variant, which has music system, GPS and carrier on top, reverse cam by RedSoul. This car comes with Comprehensive Insurance.

Also they are adding 5 more vehicles next month, mostly Scorpios.

Cheers,
Raps
Raps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 14:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post
I took a chance to walk into their place @ Brigade Gateway and went around Scorpio.
Thanks for the update Raps! Did you happen to see their Figos? Do you know if they're petrol/diesel and of what equipment level they are?
Old 9th March 2013, 14:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Thanks for the update Raps! Did you happen to see their Figos? Do you know if they're petrol/diesel and of what equipment level they are?
No, I did not go around Figo. All their present fleet are diesel vehicles.

Going further they be will adding Electric Vehicles too.

Also I did check about parking our vehicles while picking their cars, we can park 2 wheeler at their premises, there is 24hr attendant. I saw a 2 wheeler parked from a customer who has picked Scorpio for 4 days to Kerala.
Raps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 14:09   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
The Figo's are diesel. We met with the founder on saturday. Viddy will be posting more on this shortly
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 14:33   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
• All vehicles in their fleet have All India Permits.
Does this mean they come with yellow boards?
Old 10th March 2013, 21:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Good information. Seems to be a viable alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Excellent initiative! Why Bangalore of all the cities in India? Why not Chennai, the top city according to polls?
As per my information in Southern India only Karnataka has adapted/amended the State Motor Vehicle Rules to tie in with the Self Drive Rental vehicle provisions of the India Motor Vehicles Act. May be that is why self drive rental options are not available in TN and Kerala (may be too much pressure from the Taxi Drivers Unions etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekvivek2001 View Post
Does this mean they come with yellow boards?
The Self Drive Rental cars I have used from Bangalore with multi state permits/all india permits all had same rental car/company lease car plate - yellow letter on black base.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 10th March 2013 at 21:20.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 22:00   #40
BHPian

Self drive LMV + T Permit (website says each car has a all India permit) = dont you need a Transport LMV license?
This can be considered a violation at least in Maharashtra
Old 11th March 2013, 18:05   #41
BHPian

There's a similar service I've used in San Francisco called Zipcar. Once you subscribe to the service (online) you get sent a smart card called a Zipcard. Whenever you need a car, go online (either on your computer or your phone - they've got apps) and find the Zipcar nearest to you (there's hundreds of them all over the city). Decide how long you want the car for, pay for it, and voila. Walk to the car, hold your Zipcard up to the door and it unlocks for you. When you're done, drive it back to any authorized Zipcar spot.
Old 11th March 2013, 20:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have booked Scorpio on March 25th for a day. Initially I had booked for this weekend, already the cars are pretty much in demand.

They have plans to extended the offer, Rs. 2500 for a day including fuel till March 31st.

The scorpio is mid variant, which has music system, GPS and carrier on top, reverse cam by RedSoul. This car comes with Comprehensive Insurance.

Cheers,
Raps
How does the cost compare with a chauffeur driven Scorpio for a day?
Old 11th March 2013, 21:04   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
How does the cost compare with a chauffeur driven Scorpio for a day?
An air conditioned Scorpio is around Rs.1,700-1,800 but for a duration of 8hours and 80kms only. Anything more than 80kms or 8hours is charged extra. This includes diesel.

2,500 for a self driven scorpio for 24 hours and 150kms inclusive of diesel is very good.
Old 12th March 2013, 13:01   #44
BHPian

This is such a nice initiative. Few weeks back my friends were looking for self driven SUV options in Banglore and I have forwarded them this link. This will be pretty useful for hatch owners like me who wants to go on an occational long trips and prefer SUV rather than a hatch

I have a doubt though. It has been mentioned that there is 150KM limit on daily hires. Does that mean we cannot rent out for a full weekend and go on a long trip? Also, I am eagerly waiting for such initiatives in Chennai. Any idea of whether such self driven options existing in Chennai?
Old 12th March 2013, 13:55   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Raps
Hi Raps, Thanks for the info. I had couple of questions:
1. Did Scorpios have last raw as jump seats or front facing ?
2. What is the charge for additional KMs? ( beyond 150 KM )?

Regards,
Pranav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks