Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 10:58   #496
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai

Zoom forgot to refund fuel bills worth 2K from my last trip, even after filling out details in end checklist and returning printed bills to them. They did not even bother to reply to our mail till we sent them images of the fuel bills. Even after that, they are suggesting refund as driving credits and not cash.

This is the second time this has happened to me, the first time they forgot to refund promo discount. I know others as well who have had to fight for fuel refunds. Anyone else faced similar issues?

I've had a good experience with them till now and I did not want to say this but it feels like a trick to keep customers coming back.
Old 21st April 2015, 12:08   #497
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Chennai

A friend of mine had a terrible experience with ZoomCar yesterday.

He was asked to return a Honda City at Vijayanagar TTMC.

The drove upto there, filled the checklist and sent the SMS for the car to the locked.

But oops! The car wouldn't lock!

He calls up their Customer Care who ask him to take the car elsewhere in the area.

He then spends 40 minutes trying to get the car back to ZoomCar.

I personally found this wrong. If the SMS Lock feature isn't bug free, it shouldn't be used and if it is being used, they should send down an executive who should take care of the matter. Not ask their customers to run around and waste their time.

In essence, I believe that once the keys are in the car and the SMS has been sent, the onus for the car lies with ZoomCar. Not with the customer.

I haven't used ZoomCar yet, but I didn't like this, not one bit.
Old 21st April 2015, 16:17   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
A friend of mine had a terrible experience with ZoomCar yesterday.

He was asked to return a Honda City at Vijayanagar TTMC.

The drove upto there, filled the checklist and sent the SMS for the car to the locked.

But oops! The car wouldn't lock!

He calls up their Customer Care who ask him to take the car elsewhere in the area.

He then spends 40 minutes trying to get the car back to ZoomCar.

I personally found this wrong. If the SMS Lock feature isn't bug free, it shouldn't be used and if it is being used, they should send down an executive who should take care of the matter. Not ask their customers to run around and waste their time.

In essence, I believe that once the keys are in the car and the SMS has been sent, the onus for the car lies with ZoomCar. Not with the customer.

I haven't used ZoomCar yet, but I didn't like this, not one bit.
The reverse happened to me, the car would not unlock with the SMS code, thankfully at the pickup point there were representatives who used the spare key to unlock the car. Later it was found that the mobile phone was in switch off mode hence, the unlock did not work. The solution is not really full proof as human element is involved to a certain extent in ensuring the phones are in on mode and charged.
Old 21st April 2015, 16:25   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
The reverse happened to me, the car would not unlock with the SMS code, thankfully at the pickup point there were representatives who used the spare key to unlock the car. Later it was found that the mobile phone was in switch off mode hence, the unlock did not work. The solution is not really full proof as human element is involved to a certain extent in ensuring the phones are in on mode and charged.
Auto SMS option didn't work with me as well. Zoom is screwing up an otherwise perfectly nice customer experience by insisting on using technology that isn't proven. The attendant at the location where I picked up the car confessed to me that auto lock/unlock doesn't work with most customers there and that often results to the souring of an otherwise pleasant interaction.
Old 21st April 2015, 16:27   #500
BHPian

Yes, I too had the unpleasant experience of the SMS unlock not working at Bangalore Silk board Zoom pick up point. 40 minutes wasted. Then the key was not kept where mentioned. The number given did not respond at that time 6am. Eventually, all benefits of automation lost, no zip, zap, zoom!

Regds
Old 21st April 2015, 20:14   #501
BHPian

I want to hire a zoom car for a trip from Bangalore to HYDERABAD. Now that AP had been divided into Telangana and AP, and the route from Bangalore to HYDERABAD goes through both of them, will Zoom cars reimburse the tax that is paid at ANDHRA and Telangana borders? Did any one use Zoom car for commutation between Bangalore and Hyderabad?

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd April 2015 at 12:41. Reason: Typo
Old 24th April 2015, 11:38   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
djpeesh, would you be able to confirm, what is the color scheme of the Zoom vehicle allotted to you while you pick it over the weekend

Edit: found a pic
Hey Pankaj,
The car was yellow on black board. Now, it WASN'T an HSRP but the registration documents were for rent-a-cab scheme and they even had the relevant sections of law in the folder about how the scheme works (probably for cops who are unaware)

Also, had an accident with the ZoomCar. Need to write up what happened.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:44   #503
BHPian

Got a mail from Zoomcar about an hour back

Quote:
"You've been with us through thick & thin. With your support, we've come this far. And now, as you might know, we are soon going to be in Mumbai & Chennai as well."
Old 24th April 2015, 12:05   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatrik View Post
Got a mail from Zoomcar about an hour back
Even I received an email on the same context, it goes as below

Quote:
You've been with us through thick & thin. With your support, we've come this far. And now, as you might know, we are soon going to be in Mumbai & Chennai as well.

We're counting on you to spread this exciting news and invite your friends in those cities to Zoom! Refer them with your unique link and they will get Rs 500 in credits on signing up. Good deeds are always rewarded and we will award you the same Rs 500 in credits once they complete their first booking.

There's still more! Your friends will get 30% off on their first drive with Zoomcar. As an ultimate kicker, Zoomcar is giving away a weekend getaway at a Mahindra resort and 72 hours with an XUV for the customer who refers the most individuals within the first month.

We can't wait to see self-drivers plying the streets of Chennai and Mumbai very soon. Happy Zooming!
Unfortunately, I don't have much friends in Mumbai and Chennai to refer them
Old 24th April 2015, 12:39   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Even I received an email on the same context, it goes as below

Unfortunately, I don't have much friends in Mumbai and Chennai to refer them
The nice thing is, I am going to chennai next month. This comes just in time for me to avoid paying tons of money to autos / ola cabs etc.
Old 24th April 2015, 12:47   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The nice thing is, I am going to chennai next month. This comes just in time for me to avoid paying tons of money to autos / ola cabs etc.
But since you are already a member of Zoomcars I can't refer you to get credits if anybody is willing to register freshly then the referral would work

And yes it is good to have zoom cars in every city, so that we can avoid the cabbies and auto-wala's from robbing us.
Old 24th April 2015, 16:23   #507
BHPian

For some reason I no longer see Nano available in Pune. Have they discontinued it?
Old 24th April 2015, 17:36   #508
BHPian

I have to travel to Indore from Pune next month so thought of exploring the option of hiring XUV 500 from Zoomin. From the website, I understood, road tax needs to be paid by me. For clarification called them up, gave the details and asked how much will the road tax be and how I need to pay. The person on phone kept me on hold for some time and then replied, he doesnt have an answer and told me I need to find it out on my own, they cant help

Mailed them, 4 days have gone by - No response from zoomin :(

Probably a way to loose customers
Old 25th April 2015, 04:27   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
I have to travel to Indore from Pune next month so thought of exploring the option of hiring XUV 500 from Zoomin. From the website, I understood, road tax needs to be paid by me.
That is not a service they provide - tax collection is by the authorities. It is a nominal amount. You can just pay it online here as well - https://vahan.up.nic.in/upcheckpost/...eckposttax.jsp
Old 25th April 2015, 08:04   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
I have to travel to Indore from Pune next month so thought of exploring the option of hiring XUV 500 from Zoomin. From the website, I understood, road tax needs to be paid by me. For clarification called them up, gave the details and asked how much will the road tax be and how I need to pay. The person on phone kept me on hold for some time and then replied, he doesnt have an answer and told me I need to find it out on my own, they cant help

Mailed them, 4 days have gone by - No response from zoomin :(

Probably a way to loose customers
If they already said that they cannot help you with the figures, why did you mail them again asking the same thing and hoping for a different response? Usually, all these channels have the same higher tier for escalation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks