Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2013, 17:42   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore! *UPDATE* Now in Pune!

Mod's Note: Second post has been updated with more details after meeting with the co-founder.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3061058
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

Had a chance to take one of their Scorpio for few hours. Picking up the car and drop off was pretty smooth. It had odo reading of 5k. They have tab in each car for GPS.
Apparently when i tried booking through their website, i could not. So i called them and did the booking.
Overall a very smooth and nice experience, hope they keep it likewise in long run including the condition of the cars.

From April 1st they have limited kms per day.
It is 200 kms and anything above it would be INR 6 for Figo and INR 12 for Scorpio.
Personally felt INR 12 on Scorpio is little steep.

Last edited by rk_sans : 3rd April 2013 at 19:29.
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Mod's Note: Second post has been updated with more details after meeting with the co-founder.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3061058
Looking back at their website we have 'RTT' logo besides their Zoom logo. Upon clicking on the RTT logo it directs to one Ramesh Tours and Travels.
Looks like they are the local partners who actually buy the cars and own them leagally as the expat owners may not be able to own vehicles on their own (not sure if this is so but just a guess).

Any idea from the discussion you had as to how they are associated with RTT?

Just found this about their expat founders and their interests which was rather unique and interesting

Quote from their site -

Quote:
Greg enjoys playing piano and hitting the golf links. He is also deeply passionate about competitive eating and he remains hopeful that someone will take him up on a dosa eating competition sometime soon.

David is also the editor of 365 Of The Wittiest, Most Cutting Insults From History, a page-a-day desk calendar sold to Barnes & Noble Publishing. It features the insults from the likes of Winston Churchill, Mark Twain, Voltaire, and even Gandhi!
Old 4th April 2013, 11:35   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Looking back at their website we have 'RTT' logo besides their Zoom logo. Upon clicking on the RTT logo it directs to one Ramesh Tours and Travels.
Looks like they are the local partners who actually buy the cars and own them leagally as the expat owners may not be able to own vehicles on their own (not sure if this is so but just a guess).

-
Zoom need to get a taxi operator licence which is taking a lot of time. RTT have collaborated with them for this
Old 4th April 2013, 19:56   #50
Team-BHP Support

I was pleasantly surprised at the extremely enthusiastic response this thread got, both on the forum and on our facebook page & twitter!

Well, things are still looking good for Zoom:

Quote:
Zoom Raises $230K from Angel Groups Abroad

Bangalore based car rental service Zoom which launched recently has raised $230,000 of seed capital from high net worth investors and angel groups in the US, UK, and India. Marquee investors who participated in the round in January include the Empire Angel Group based out of New York and Barbara Thomas, Lady Judge from UK.

The company is looking to raise an additional $100-150k in the next 6-8 weeks to help finance its expansion in Bangalore.
Read more...

cya
R
Old 19th April 2013, 16:31   #51
Team-BHP Support

Zoom has now added the Mahindra E2O into their fleet of cars.

Initially they have only one car that will be given to their most valuable customers. Mahindra has setup a charging station at their parking site for the E20 as well.

They are looking at adding 5-10 more E2O by July into their fleet.

They have also added 3 more Scorpios into their fleet, since the demand for Scorpios was higher.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 16:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They have also added 3 more Scorpios into their fleet, since the demand for Scorpios was higher.
I saw 3 more Figos been added from last couple of weeks.

What's the pricing on Mahindra E2O ?
Old 19th April 2013, 20:51   #53
BHPian

I just signed up via their website. I could not upload my licence copy from their portal. I also had difficulty in editing my address. So I called their helpline and spoke to the representative who informed me that their website is not fully operational. As long as the address has a pin code you should be fine. Also, you may not be able to upload a copy of your licence which I was informed is also an ongoing issue and as of now they are not hard and fast on that rule. Their help line is pretty good and can be reached at 080-49016339. All bookings need to be done online. I wanted to take the Scorpio tomorrow, just to check out their service, but the vehicle is available only from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. which clashes with happy hours IPL. So Maybe next time!

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 16:57   #54
BHPian

Tried booking a car with them just now due to my car making an unscheduled pit stop. Cars are sold out for the weekend (good for them). The website still has major issues and was not loading - the phone was answered quickly enough though.
Old 24th May 2013, 17:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
...The website still has major issues and was not loading - the phone was answered quickly enough though.
They're very active in their Facebook page, and quite sincere with their replies.
Old 10th June 2013, 16:39   #56
BHPian

I had a chance to use Zoom as I was travelling to Bangalore for a business trip. Decided on getting to Bangalore early to spend a weekend In Coorg.

Had booked a Scorpio through their android application in advance and scheduled for the pick up at 1:00 am. Flew down from Delhi on the friday night.
I had a reservation at the Sheraton, so I dint face any problem locating the pick up point. The local cab driver was great

Overall, the process was simple and straight forward. The car had done 15K kms but had a alignment problem. Cleanliness was a bit disappointing.

Their service is great and hassle free. I returned the car on Monday afternoon and had a final bill of Rs. 7500 (approx) as I'd done a few extra kms on the 2 days. Good ride. Tablet was working.
(This reminds me, I have not been re-imbursed for fuel yet )

Few neat touches : Portable charger, flashlight, first aid, GPS.
I feel the Rs. 12/km is a bit northward for the Scorpio.

Overall the scorpio was great (got used to the alignment heckle).

They have plans of expansion and after a one to one email conversation with Greg, the owner, I was informed they were coming to Delhi by the end of this year.

Great service and hopefully they add more budget cars to their fleet.
Papa Blaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

This looks good , hope they add Mercs, BMWs and superbikes also to the list . Greg are you listening !
Old 10th June 2013, 17:46   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
This looks good , hope they add Mercs, BMWs and superbikes also to the list . Greg are you listening !
I doubt super bikes will be added.

But BMW's are soon joining the existing fleet.
Old 11th June 2013, 11:31   #59
Team-BHP Support

Looks like they have added a second location in Bangalore.

They have cars now available at Brigade Millenium in JP nagar 6th Phase.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 11:53   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Blaze View Post
I doubt super bikes will be added.

But BMW's are soon joining the existing fleet.
BMW has been added. Pasting the mail I received:

Quote:
BMW 3 Series By The Hour or By The Day!
Fellow Self-Drive Enthusiast,

Zoom is incredibly pleased to offer India's first luxury vehicle rental available by the hour or by the day. Starting today, you can Zoom in luxury with an automatic transmission 2013 BMW 320d! Both our Malleshwaram and JP Nagar branches will have their very own BMW, so you can pickup and drop off with ease.

Because of Zoom’s special deal with BMW, and we are proud to offer exclusive savings to all our members:
Rs 1,249 per hr
Rs 12,499 per day (24 hour period)
Rs 10,000 fully refundable security deposit upon vehicle pickup (w/ credit or debit card)
20% discount Mon-Thurs (just like with your other favorite Zoom vehicles!)

These rates are still the all-inclusive tariffs you've grown to love while Zooming. Each reservation includes the cost of diesel, insurance, maintenance, and tax. All fuel you fill during your reservation will still be reimbursed in full! Additionally, drivers will receive 200 km of free driving for every 24-hour period, and enjoy a rate of Rs 15/km for any kms over 200.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks