Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2013, 14:31   #76
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore! *UPDATE* Now in Pune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
3. Ulsoor road (Solar Automobiles compound)
@vidyut - This should be St. Johns Road where Solar Automobiles is located, not Ulsoor Road (the area is generally referred to as the Ulsoor/Shivajinagar area and is close to Ulsoor Lake).
Old 13th October 2013, 15:15   #77
Team-BHP Support

Update:

Koramangala now sees the 6th location getting added.

Grand Mercure Hotel 3rd block Koramangala. It's near the BDA complex and post office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@vidyut - This should be St. Johns Road where Solar Automobiles is located, not Ulsoor Road (the area is generally referred to as the Ulsoor/Shivajinagar area and is close to Ulsoor Lake).
Yup, the same. Website has the exact details anyways. Many people get confused between St. Johns road and St. Johns hospital so I didn't mention it. Ulsoor road are everyone knows.

Another landmark is the Lemon tree hotel or erstwhile Naga theatre.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th October 2013 at 15:17.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 22:06   #78
BHPian

The latest is they have an 85% discount for female members on Tuesdays.

Got my wife to book it and we took the BMW for a 500 km run for just 6K @ Rs.12/km . Now that's a steal.
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 23:53   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
The latest is they have an 85% discount for female members on Tuesdays.

Got my wife to book it and we took the BMW for a 500 km run for just 6K @ Rs.12/km . Now that's a steal.
You mean to say to had the BMW for one day?, for 500kms @ Rs. 6000/-, that's it. And what is Rs. 12/km?
Old 13th November 2013, 23:59   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
You mean to say to had the BMW for one day?, for 500kms @ Rs. 6000/-, that's it. And what is Rs. 12/km?
They charge Rs.12/km if you exceed 200kms during a 24 hour booking. If you rent for 2 days then anything above 400kms is charged at Rs.12/km extra.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 07:31   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Yes we had it for 24 hrs. One day rental was 1500/- after 85% discount. They have a cap of 200 km for a day's usage over which you are charged Rs15/km for the BMW. For me this extra amount was 4500/- as I had driven 300 extra kilometers. Rs12/km is just how I look at it: 500km for 6k.
Old 14th November 2013, 08:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

This is a great initiative. Is there something on similar lines in Mumbai and Delhi?
Old 14th November 2013, 12:43   #83
BHPian

This is a nice initiative and affordable prices too. The success of this venture lies greatly with the customer's obedience to follow the rules.

Is there any such initiative available in Pune, Bombay and Delhi?
Old 14th November 2013, 13:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

Interesting concept.

But....if I take a Figo for 5 hour/40 km (quite normal for a shopping trip) I pay Rs 1125.00.

IF I take the same Figo for a 5 hours/50 KM package from NTL Taxi (or whatever), I pay Rs 800.00. I can get off wherever I want and need not bother about parking. And I am not liable for anything, whatever happens! Of course, this is at Chennai rates, but B'lore rates should be pretty close!
Old 14th November 2013, 13:36   #85
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK because of the MV Act by-laws/rules being different states, Self Drive Rentals are only legal in Karnataka (and Maharashtra I think).

I think this is a great venture/format. Its somewhat like what Zip Cars is in America.

Infact IMO auto companies should provide exclusive deals to such businesses so that the cars that are not doing well commercially can get people to actually try them.

They'd have very less to lose, coz credible startups wouldn't wanna be irresponsible & both stand to benefit.

For Example : Tata could provide them with an Aria/Storme, Mahindra could provide a Quanto etc
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 13:39   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Interesting concept.

But....if I take a Figo for 5 hour/40 km (quite normal for a shopping trip) I pay Rs 1125.00.

IF I take the same Figo for a 5 hours/50 KM package from NTL Taxi (or whatever), I pay Rs 800.00. I can get off wherever I want and need not bother about parking. And I am not liable for anything, whatever happens! Of course, this is at Chennai rates, but B'lore rates should be pretty close!
Agreed, Taxi's might be cheaper. But this option is for people who love to drive around by themselves, than go around with a chauffer and put up with this choice of music, his honking, his rash driving, his phone calls. And believe me, despite owning a car, driving a BMW around for a day is totally worth the money one pays
Old 14th November 2013, 15:18   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Interesting concept.

With the current 85% off scheme, you'd have had Zoom's F30 320d at 750/- for 5 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
... And believe me, despite owning a car, driving a BMW around for a day is totally worth the money one pays
Couldn't agree more
Old 14th November 2013, 15:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
...And believe me, despite owning a car, driving a BMW around for a day is totally worth the money one pays
Come to think of it, that actually scares me. I wouldn't be surprised to find their BMW at some go-kart racetrack or speeding like crazy on the NICE road or the Hosur road elevated tollway.

Just hope they have GPS trackers pre-installed to keep a check on irresponsible driving within city.
Old 14th November 2013, 15:55   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Come to think of it, that actually scares me. I wouldn't be surprised to find their BMW at some go-kart racetrack or speeding like crazy on the NICE road or the Hosur road elevated tollway.

Just hope they have GPS trackers pre-installed to keep a check on irresponsible driving within city.
GPS tracker that send an SMS if you exceed 80KMPH in city. If you get 3 SMS you are fined.

If you exceed 115KMPH they ban you as a member and fine you. Check the website. It has all the information.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 10:31   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

GPS tracker that send an SMS if you exceed 80KMPH in city. If you get 3 SMS you are fined.

If you exceed 115KMPH they ban you as a member and fine you. Check the website. It has all the information.
Now that is really sad, at least for us tbhpiens (responsible drives) can there be a collective bargaining to some extent. Otherwise whats the point in having a 320d and not driving it beyond 115 kms/hr on a highway.

Most Viewed