Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:19   #976
Team-BHP Support

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Zoom is waiving off security deposits on all bookings originating in BLR to celebrate their third anniversary. Not sure if it's a public or limited circulation offer. Check your ZoomCar accounts.

Just in time for an upcoming vacation, so I'll probably make use of this!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 08:31   #977
BHPian

Zoom Car: Self Drive Rentals in India

Is the Zoomcar customer support service number down for everyone? I've been trying to contact them at 011-60009666 (the number on their app, which is now not working either).

I had a booking for an XUV from 6:30 AM and two hours later, I don't have a Zoomcar and haven't been able to talk to anyone from the company.

What a mistake to give this company another try, their services have gone from bad to absolute worse. A new low even for these guys.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 7th March 2016 at 08:36.
Old 7th March 2016, 12:11   #978
BHPian

Can anyone comment in case if they have rented a zoomcar from Chandigarh and how the experience was, AND if its ok to drive into Shimla in the sense if there is anything to fear from the Himachal taxi union towards self drive cars
Old 9th March 2016, 11:11   #979
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Can anyone comment in case if they have rented a zoomcar from Chandigarh and how the experience was, AND if its ok to drive into Shimla in the sense if there is anything to fear from the Himachal taxi union towards self drive cars
No such problem in Himachal. Even regular taxis from Punjab etc., ply without issues.
However, you need to find out about toll and permit fees etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 16:43   #980
BHPian

For the past few days I have been seeing a parked Zoom Cars' XUV gathering dust outside the police station at Sarjapur junction on Outer ring road (Bangalore). The driver side headlight and a portion of the bonnet is badly damaged. Looks like a frontal impact or rear ending a truck. Another beauty from Zoom car is out of action for the time being and a loss of revenue to rental agency. Hope all of the involved are safe.

Its time that the self drive rental agencies review their policy on who are eligible to drive the self drive cars, similar to the eligibility criteria for membership to Team-BHP.
Old 10th March 2016, 16:36   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
For the past few days I have been seeing a parked Zoom Cars' XUV gathering dust outside the police station at Sarjapur junction on Outer ring road (Bangalore). The driver side headlight and a portion of the bonnet is badly damaged. Looks like a frontal impact or rear ending a truck. Another beauty from Zoom car is out of action for the time being and a loss of revenue to rental agency. Hope all of the involved are safe.

Its time that the self drive rental agencies review their policy on who are eligible to drive the self drive cars, similar to the eligibility criteria for membership to Team-BHP.
If they ever restrict the users, they would be incurring loses. Zoomcar is being preferred over others mainly for the Hassel free renting & their policies. And also, their speed limit. All damages will be covered by the 5k you deposit , so it's definitely worth renting a Zoomcar than renting it from Myles or others.
Old 10th March 2016, 16:43   #982
BHPian

They could probably have an incentive scheme and driver rating for rides returned in good condition and a penalty and negative points for bad returns.
Old 10th March 2016, 16:46   #983
Senior - BHPian

I came across a rashly driven Zoom car (XUV500) on Mysore-Bangalore last week. Had a narrow escape and was driven by some youngster. I decided to keep distance from Zoom cars especially XUV and Scorpio after coming across few like this.
Old 16th March 2016, 02:33   #984
BHPian

Guys, has anybody rented a Swift from zoom here? I have rented xuv and city a couple of times but haven't rented a swift yet. I have a trip coming ahead of me and the budget is quite limited for this one. Will be taking the car to the hills. What do you recommend? Swift or City? My main criteria is driving pleasure and the quality of music system provided. The one in city is pretty bearable, no idea about the Swift.
Old 16th March 2016, 07:44   #985
BHPian

Hi. I have used Zoomcars from Chennai Kodambakkam Arcot Road warehouse. I have driven the Honda City, Ford ecosport and the Suzuki Swift. I admit that I have not used any other self-drive car rental service. And I have used the app for booking because the app has checklist and better support. Here are my observations.

1. The payment gateway in the app is awful. It is dreadfully slow. It refreshed a thousand times, I had to retry it a lot of times but finally, it worked.
2. I booked a car for 10 hours each day for 5 days because I did not trust parking the car with me at night in Chennai on the road. So, I got a different car each day.
3. The first day, the remote unlocking feature worked fine and their representative was very chilled out. He just came, asked me to open the app and confirm everything and gave me the keys. When I spotted him a few dents, he said, no problem sir, carry on, I know the cars and what dents they have.
4. But the second day onwards, he said that the management has changed and so they have to do better checks. He asked me for the license, verified details on my license with the one uploaded and showed me all the scratches. In the evening too, he inspected everything for even minute scratches. He checked the cabin thoroughly for dirt and anything left behind.
5. Their refund of security deposit is really fast. On the first day, I got refund into citrus cash account. The subsequent ones were refunded into my payment bank account itself.
6. The cars were neat and in good condition. Interestingly, Honda City which I took on first and second day and was spotless. But I took the same car on day 5 and the car looked awful. There was a big dent/scratch extending from right front to rear door with paint peeled off. It looked like the car was rubbed against many walls. I could see that the other side, the paint was buffed out too much that the clear coat finish was no longer there. Or maybe it was done in a hurry by repainting at make shift booths.
7. I could arrive half an hour before the start of booking time and still take the car with me.
8. On day two, my booking of Honda City was cancelled in the middle of the night. Maybe the management change had something to do with it. Woke up at 5 am and saw the message. I was terrified. However, the car was still available and so I rebooked it.
Old 16th March 2016, 15:26   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq View Post
Hi. I have used Zoomcars from Chennai Kodambakkam Arcot Road warehouse. I have driven the Honda City, Ford ecosport and the Suzuki Swift. I admit that I have not used any other self-drive car rental service. And I have used the app for booking because the app has checklist and better support. Here are my observations.

1. The payment gateway in the app is awful. It is dreadfully slow. It refreshed a thousand times, I had to retry it a lot of times but finally, it worked.
2. I booked a car for 10 hours each day for 5 days because I did not trust parking the car with me at night in Chennai on the road. So, I got a different car each day.
3. The first day, the remote unlocking feature worked fine and their representative was very chilled out. He just came, asked me to open the app and confirm everything and gave me the keys. When I spotted him a few dents, he said, no problem sir, carry on, I know the cars and what dents they have.
4. But the second day onwards, he said that the management has changed and so they have to do better checks. He asked me for the license, verified details on my license with the one uploaded and showed me all the scratches. In the evening too, he inspected everything for even minute scratches. He checked the cabin thoroughly for dirt and anything left behind.
5. Their refund of security deposit is really fast. On the first day, I got refund into citrus cash account. The subsequent ones were refunded into my payment bank account itself.
6. The cars were neat and in good condition. Interestingly, Honda City which I took on first and second day and was spotless. But I took the same car on day 5 and the car looked awful. There was a big dent/scratch extending from right front to rear door with paint peeled off. It looked like the car was rubbed against many walls. I could see that the other side, the paint was buffed out too much that the clear coat finish was no longer there. Or maybe it was done in a hurry by repainting at make shift booths.
7. I could arrive half an hour before the start of booking time and still take the car with me.
8. On day two, my booking of Honda City was cancelled in the middle of the night. Maybe the management change had something to do with it. Woke up at 5 am and saw the message. I was terrified. However, the car was still available and so I rebooked it.
Can you please give me an idea of the kind of music system they have in the Swift? Does it support Bluetooth telephony? How good or bad is the audio quality?
Old 16th March 2016, 16:02   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
I hired Zoomcar in Jan 2015 from Delhi and drove to Manali. I was stopped just a bit after Mandi by the traffic police(guys in light blue shirts and dark pants???) and was pulled up for driving a taxi. They quoted some Form 3 which was not in my name, infact they went to the extent of saying not to visit HP but it was all sorted out after my wife spoke in Punjabi. Those cops were rude, hope things have changed after a year.
Old 16th March 2016, 16:40   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bking View Post
Can you please give me an idea of the kind of music system they have in the Swift? Does it support Bluetooth telephony? How good or bad is the audio quality?
Had rented the Swift from Pune.

Swifts are the base Ldi variants and Audio system is an add on, on which they haven't spent much, obviously. It had a Sony HU. There is no Bluetooth, but has Aux in & USB. Output from the USB was pathetic. Aux In was bearable.

All in all, not a great audio system.
Old 16th March 2016, 17:43   #989
BHPian

After the mess in my previous booking on Zoomcar, they offered me a 500 rupee credit. Much appreciated.

A couple of days later, I realized that the credits in my account had ballooned to almost 26k as opposed to 500 that it should have been.

It took them a few days to revert back the bug. In the meantime, who knows I might have been able to make a gigantic booking if I wanted to.

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-combine_images.jpg
Tanmay K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 17:55   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
After the mess in my previous booking on Zoomcar, they offered me a 500 rupee credit. Much appreciated.

A couple of days later, I realized that the credits in my account had ballooned to almost 26k as opposed to 500 that it should have been.

It took them a few days to revert back the bug. In the meantime, who knows I might have been able to make a gigantic booking if I wanted to.

Attachment 1486406
OMG...!!!
Never even heard of this before. Did you inform them about this bug or they found out about it themselves?

Most Viewed