Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 18:16   #991
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.bhat View Post
Did you inform them about this bug or they found out about it themselves?
Thankfully they realized it themselves after 4 days. I was immensely curious to see how long the staff takes to spot this. It would have made for a funnier joke had I been able to poke fun at them on this a month later.
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:16   #992
BHPian

I have booked a reservation for this weekend in Zoom. The place where I can pick the car up (Scorpio) is some 10 Kms from my place. Since I would be picking up the car in late evening, I plan to take my bike to location (Velachery). But there is no mention of facilities available at these location. Would they have parking space for my bike?
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:53   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I have booked a reservation for this weekend in Zoom. The place where I can pick the car up (Scorpio) is some 10 Kms from my place. Since I would be picking up the car in late evening, I plan to take my bike to location (Velachery). But there is no mention of facilities available at these location. Would they have parking space for my bike?
I am afraid, you are better off taking a cab. I haven't gone to velachery branch but in Nelson road, it is some land leased from a big company's parking lot. In Kodambakkam Arcot Road branch, it is a big empty plot with some other cars parked.

So, if you have any luck, there might be parking spaces available in the host parking lot where you can park your bike. And generally there would be. But will they allow you? You have to take your chances on that.
Old 24th March 2016, 14:11   #994
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am planning a trip from Delhi to Chandigarh -> Kasauli and then Back to Delhi with some friends.

Taking my own car is not an option because it is required at home those days.

I was thinking of travelling to chandigarh in Volvo, then rent a zoom car, say a Scorpio to roam around the city.

What is the process, formalities, security amount, total expenditure, petrol/diesel refill etc

Or will it be better to hire a usual taxi.
Old 25th March 2016, 07:35   #995
BHPian

Hey bluevolt,

You can take a zoomcar. I have used it in chennai and I am satisfied with their service.

Register on their site, create a new account and upload photo of driver's license and address proof. It helps to have the zoomcar app as it is important for checklist.

The rent of booking a car is listed on their website and varies from vehicle to vehicle. For a scorpio, it is 110 rs/hr with 10kms of free usage per hour. You also have the package of selecting 15 free kms/hr at charge of 145 rs/hr. Weekend rates are +40 rs per hour. Minimum charge is 4 hours. So, even if you book for 1 hour or 4 hours, he will charge you for 4 hours. Diesel bill inclusive. If you exceed kms usage, he will charge you 15rs per km. Late return fee is 300rs/hr + rent of car for that period. You will have to pay any toll charges, parking fee etc.

Now, you can book a car upto 2 hours before travel time depending on availability. You will have to pay a security deposit of 5000rs. So, if your rent is 1500, then you should pay 6500. Show up at the location. He will ask you to start checklist from the zoomcar app. Go through the checklist carefully. Check your odometer readings (kms done till now) and fuel reading. Take pictures of every scratch/dent/missing panel etc. He will take a photo of you with the car. And you can go. And obviously, you should have your original driver's license and only you can drive your rented car.

Return the car and finish a checklist then. He will check for scratches and send you off. Your security deposit will be refunded to you by the next day.

And Hey Dwind,

I can confirm that visitor vehicles are not allowed to be parked inside the site. If parked, bikes are charged Rs100 per day. Official zoomcar statement I received in e-mail

Last edited by aveemashfaq : 25th March 2016 at 07:40. Reason: answering dwind's question
Old 28th March 2016, 10:14   #996
r.K
BHPian

Zoomcar has launched self drive auto!
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-screenshot_20160328100833.png  

r.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 10:29   #997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
Looks like the pilot phase is targeted at enthusiasts who want to drive an auto just for the sake of it. Rs 40/- for 20 mins training and 30 min drive. Not bad.

They haven't mentioned any license requirements though! Other terms and conditions-

1.Customers will be allowed to drive the auto only for 30 minutes for one booking. Although the website and app currently allows the customers to book for a minimum of 4 hours, the price (Rs 10/hr) has been adjusted to account for it. Customers will need to pay only Rs 40 for a 30 minute drive.
2.Customers will have to undergo a 10 min session with Fleet exec before driving the auto. He/She will be able to drive for 20 min post guidance session but he will be accompanied by 2 professionals
3.Since we are currently running a pilot, customer is only allowed to drive in a 1 km radius around pick-up site
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 10:31   #998

Quote:
I think this would be an April fool's day prank, assuming we would also need to have a three wheeler category vehicle mentioned as permitted in your driving license
sabby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 11:03   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Note sure how many customers would be interested in this unless they have a driver to take them around. But a nice initiative to check what response they get! It also gives an opportunity for someone who wants to try out an auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Customers will be allowed to drive the auto only for 30 minutes for one booking.
On a lighter note, they probably want customers not to make some quick buck when using the auto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
I think this would be an April fool's day prank, assuming we would also need to have a three wheeler category vehicle mentioned as permitted in your driving license
Valid points about the fool's day and driving license! Not sure whether they would play such a prank. Let's wait and watch!

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 28th March 2016 at 11:14.
Old 28th March 2016, 12:12   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq View Post
And Hey Dwind,

I can confirm that visitor vehicles are not allowed to be parked inside the site. If parked, bikes are charged Rs100 per day. Official zoomcar statement I received in e-mail
I had went by bus to the place to pick up the vehicle. Due to delay in getting a bus at that hour went in 15 mins late. I was told that you can park your bike and was shown few bikes of existing customer who had already done it. Was not mentioned of the parking charges. Will need to confirm it next time.
Old 28th March 2016, 12:21   #1001
BHPian

There is no parking charges involved though i would be wary off parking my bike in their location as they are generally deserted place with no security especially at night

On other note, for a last moment plan was looking to book a zoom for the good friday weekend, tried various dates and times but the result was the same - except E2O and Merc GLA no other car available. Finally hired a cab and saw lot of zoom on the Blr-Mysore highway. They sure are doing good business
Old 5th April 2016, 13:56   #1002
BHPian

I had a really bad experience with Zoomcar, Chandivali, Mumbai today.

I had booked a Mercedes GLA. Things had gone wrong from the booking process itself: They had advertised a 20% discount for Kotak Bank and also accepted the booking but afterwards the website kept showing the discount amount has been deducted again and I had to pay it before starting off!

I called the Customer Care and after holding for 15 minutes he told me the offer had been discontinued and I can check the website. I told him it was was till September 16 and after a while he agreed to accept the promotion within one hour online.

The night before the booking they still had not done it and again after a 15 minute wait time they again assured they would do it.

Now the worse parts comes!

I took the GLA (which was in pretty bad condition as it had done only 38k) and as I started driving I saw a low tire pressure light on the rear right tire. I saw that it had three punctures which were shabbily repaired. I drove back and showed the attendant and he was adamant that everything was all right and I just need to get air filled. He said it had got the air filled 2 days back and I found it strange only the repaired tire had less pressure. I argued with him but then reluctantly took the car and got air filled.

Before hitting the highway I decided to get some coffee and when I returned the low pressure warning was again there for the same tire!

I had enough, drove back and immediately returned the car. After some more phone calls Zoomcar promptly refunded the total amount.

Overall a bitter experience, lucky I wasn't on the highway with a defective tire.
Old 5th April 2016, 15:17   #1003
BHPian

I too had a bad experience with their GLA. These cars are ill maintained for sure.
Gear changes are jerky, on sport mode the car growls but nothing changes. The car felt very heavy.
It may be something due to the ill spec'ed engine, add to that the poor maintenance makes me felt my humble Chipped Figo TDCI felt agile, nimble and faster.
Old 5th April 2016, 20:13   #1004
BHPian

Drive Addict, you just reminded me, the display was showing that service was due 3,500 km ago! Not to mention rear view camera was not working and exterior had to many dents and scratches to count.
Old 5th April 2016, 20:29   #1005
Senior - BHPian

I have a zoom car booking for this week, but I haven't received any call for confirmation. Couldn't find any contact number.

Any point of contact for customer care regarding my booking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks