Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2013, 11:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore! *UPDATE* Now in Pune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Now that is really sad, at least for us tbhpiens (responsible drives) can there be a collective bargaining to some extent. Otherwise whats the point in having a 320d and not driving it beyond 115 kms/hr on a highway.
I had the same point posted some time back on this thread . May be they should not apply the same thumb rule to every one out there .But its hard for them to distinguish between safe drivers and rash /abusive drivers.

But the speed limit rule they have , is the reason I didn't wanted to take the BMW from them .

The speed limit they have set , I would have broken without even knowing and I have to pay heavy fine for that . Just one or two redlines and the speed limit is broken !

Last edited by black12rr : 16th November 2013 at 11:41.
Old 16th November 2013, 11:39   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now that is really sad, at least for us tbhpiens (responsible drives) can there be a collective bargaining to some extent. Otherwise whats the point in having a 320d and not driving it beyond 115 kms/hr on a highway.

On one hand, it is a bit of a bummer but on the other hand, you would not like someone unknown ripping the nuts of your car out of your sight. Also they need to prove some kind of responsible regulation to the authorities.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 20:56   #93
BHPian

Quote:

People take such cars and abuse them, so they have to protect it. Many times I have seen cars with tbhp stickers driven rashly and doing high risk overtaking stunts.
Old 16th November 2013, 21:43   #94
Team-BHP Support

115Kmph is well above any legal speed limit so what they are doing is perfectly alright. Remember they don't take a huge advance and work on trust. Atleast some amount of non intrusive safe guard is needed.

It promotes safe driving also.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 18:50   #95
BHPian

Me and the missus rented the Beemer today, loads of fun for 4 hours

The experience was seamless, must say a boon for folks who just need an excuse to hit the road.

Hope they get a couple of enthusiast hatches like the Polo 1.6 and offer steals during weekdays, a great way to spend a day off
Old 20th November 2013, 11:53   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post

The speed limit they have set , I would have broken without even knowing and I have to pay heavy fine for that . Just one or two redlines and the speed limit is broken !
F30 has a "LIM" button on steering wheel, which keeps the speed in check and is overridden only in case of kickdown. We always had it set to 110, and that definitely helped

Not a single violation in 500 km.

Last edited by black_rider : 20th November 2013 at 11:54. Reason: added info
Old 21st November 2013, 16:01   #97
BHPian

Today I rented a Volkswagen Polo from Self-Drive.in to travel to Karwar for a few days, with wifey. They charged me Rs 2,450 per day. However, they seemed to be charging extra for extra drivers. Now, both I and my wife can drive. And since the whole journey will be for about 1,500 ams, there is a very big chance that my wife too can pitch in once in a while. What I wanna understand in that why would they charge extra for extra drivers? Additionally, if I don't pay for extra drivers, how will they be able to enforce it?
Old 21st November 2013, 16:23   #98
BHPian

^ Probably to cover an increase in premium for the extra drivers.
Old 21st November 2013, 17:16   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
^ Probably to cover an increase in premium for the extra drivers.
So, what you mean is, if I pay for insurance on the car, it's only for me, and won't cover if my wife is driving the car?
Old 21st November 2013, 18:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

^^ Must be. And if there are multiple drivers, and only one premium, they may invoke "member pays" clause in case of a mishap. Better go through the fine print.
Old 21st November 2013, 18:45   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayonpal View Post
So, what you mean is, if I pay for insurance on the car, it's only for me, and won't cover if my wife is driving the car?
Making a guess that it works like that for the self drive rentals. The insurance companies would love to have clauses to reject the claims.

Whereas if it were for your own car then the insurance wouldn't be driver specific.
Old 21st November 2013, 19:48   #102
Team-BHP Support

For Zoom, you can have multiple drivers but the drivers have to be registered members of Zoom. No non members can drive the car IIRC.
Old 24th November 2013, 14:55   #103
Team-BHP Support

Zoom & Uber hare teamed up for a big campaign called #RideSmartBLR.

The central message for this campaign is the right mode of transport for the right trip.

Zoom for self drive,

Uber for chauffeur driven,

The central theme is that people really don't need to own a car to take advantage of everything Bangalore has to offer.

Some key advantages are that

· Uber's app knows exactly where one is booking from and allows you to change your pickup place very easily,"

· Zoom with its navigation / call centre assistance means you are almost never lost

· In both cases since all rates and transactions are on line – the issues about fraud, cheating etc are almost eliminated

· One can ride green, thrifty and responsibly. When you're sober you can use Zoom and if you're drunk, you can use Uber,"

ZoomCar and Uber have come together to launch this month-long campaign to help Bangaloreans discover affordable ways of getting around with app-ordered service that's almost cashless. Various promotions for the RideSmartblr are going on in various pubs and bars around Bangalore during this month
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 01:41   #104
Senior - BHPian

These guys must find a way to deal with rash drivers. Today I'd gone for a drive (http://goo.gl/maps/CJlrY) and came across 3 zoom cars :
One (Figo) in the morning enroute to Barachukki Water falls,
another (Scorpio) at noon near Chanakesava Temple (Somnathpura) and
another (Vento) while returning to Bangalore ~30kms after Mandya (towards B'lore).

The Figo was tearing down the kaccha road, Scorpio seemed driven well, but the Vento was being driven very aggressively, (quite rash actually).

Hope these Zoom guys find a way to filter such elements, else I see such self-drive rental cars as a major menace on roads!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 25th November 2013 at 02:08.
Old 30th November 2013, 17:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Blue coloured Ford Ecosports have been added to the fleet.

A pic from there FB page:

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1471996_351323551671228_1951813481_n.jpg

These are Diesel Titanium models.

Last edited by ajmat : 1st December 2013 at 12:18.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed