Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2016, 14:52   #1156
Team-BHP Support

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Just wanted to post an update on my recent experience on hiring a zoomcar at Ahmedabad city, their new location.
Oh boy, this is ridiculous. You are indeed very lucky to have survived this.

I would have thought that Ahmedabad would have new cars since they've started operations recently.
Old 2nd November 2016, 22:25   #1157
BHPian

I used Zoom Car services at Mysuru recently. As I could not find a review of ZoomCars' Mysuru services on this thread, I though I will share my experience here.
Requirement:
I needed a ride for myself and four others of my family for one evening in Mysuru to attend a social function. I would be arriving at Mysuru at 3.00 PM and would be returning to Mangaluru by a 11.30 PM bus. I needed to cover about 25 kms within Mysuru suburbs visiting two different places and returning to the Bus Station during that period.
I considered Call Taxi services like Uber and Ola as well a chauffeured taxis. But the need to accommodate five passengers (including me), a total of four legs of commute and the everlasting itch to drive prompted me to try a self-driven rental car service.
Booking experience:
I booked a Ford Figo for a period of 7 hours from 3.30 PM to 10.30 PM. I opted for the Zoom Lite option as it offered 35 Kms free ride which was sufficient for my needs. The online booking process was easy with the Android App. I however had to create a Citrus Wallet account to link to the ZoomCars account.
Pick-up:
The pick-up point in Mysuru is at Garuda Mall, just a 5 minute walk from the Main Bus Stand and Railway stations. Three attenders were present at the designated place in the Basement. I was shown the car, its documents and accessories which included a USB charger and Aux cable. A tear in the front bumper was pointed out. As there was no connectivity on my phone in the basement, pick-up check-list was completed by the Attender. I did a detailed check of the car. Took photos of the damaged bumper, all round images, image of the tyres including the spare tyre and the Odometer. The entire process took about 10 minutes.
The car:
The car I was assigned was a 2015 (July) Ford Figo TDCi EXI. It had run 69980 kms. It was reasonably clean both outside and inside. Seat fabric was intact. Except for a faint odour the car was acceptably clean.
I have driven a Figo petrol before but this was my first experience with the diesel. The engine sounded a little gruff but was responsive. Gearshifts were precise except for the reverse gear which would not slot neatly. The clutch was heavy. I drive a Manza Q-Jet everyday and it felt heavier than the Manza's ever did. There was small squeaking sound from the front left corner and the suspension seemed too soft on that side. On the whole, the car drove well enough and did not stall at any time. AC functioned well.
Drop-off:
I reached the drop-off point 10 minutes before the end of my booking time. The attender checked the car and completed the drop-off check list and closed my booking without any issues. By 10.30 PM, I was walking out of the place. My security deposit was transferred to Citrus Wallet within 30 minutes. I have requested for a withdrawal from the Citrus account which has been promised within 2 working days.
Summary: Satisfactory experience. Professional staff. Condition of car - suspect suspension.
Would I rent a Zoom Car in Mysuru again?
For short in-and-around city runs - Yes.
For long outstation trips, not sure - the condition of the suspension of the car I drove puts a question mark on reliability for a long trip.
Other information: I spoke to one of the staff about the fleet at Mysusru. They have 14 cars in all - 2 Scorpios, 2 Ford Ecosports, 4 Ford Aspires, Ford Figos and 4 Maruti Swifts. All cars are one to two years old. I saw the Scorpios, an Aspire and a couple of other Figos. Most of them looked reasonably fresh from outside, however it was under not-so-bright basement lighting.
cogWheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 02:08   #1158
BHPian

I have booked a GLA for a day during the last week of this month when I am in Bangalore. Reading all the bad reviews here was not confidence inspiring.

So I wrote an email to the CEO with the following requests:
1. I want a road worthy car
2. I want the car to be clean
3. I want a timely delivery

Greg promptly replied and assured me that customer satisfaction was the top most priority at Zoomcar and things will be taken care of. I also posted a link to this thread to inform him why I had apprehensions in my email.

Will post how it goes soon. I am excited!
Old 10th November 2016, 12:04   #1159
Senior - BHPian

I received some updates from Zoomcar in an email today. Sharing an excerpt:

Quote:
In the weeks ahead, you can eagerly expect to see us in Coimbatore, Mangalore, Indore, and Kochi. We're incredibly excited to kick off the self-drive revolution in these tremendous cities! Rest assured, that it's just the beginning.

Along with new cities, we've also inducted some brand spankin' new models such as the Maruti Baleno, the Hyundai Elite i20, the Figo Aspire, the new Figo hatchback, the Ford Endeavour, the Mahindra KUV, and the Honda Jazz. Rest assured, that this is just the tip of the iceberg as we will induct several more new models over the next quarter (including a new luxury make!).

The last quarter saw Zoomcar roll out its extremely popular zero deposit across nearly all markets. This policy was designed with you in mind since we know that this makes it even easier to self-drive your worries away. Do look forward to some innovative new payment enhancements in the coming weeks.

On the technology side, we did roll out a totally revamped iOS app this quarter. This enables our iOS using Zoomers to book in half the time. Do expect us to push the envelope even further this quarter as we roll out even more features.

At Zoomcar, we constantly receive feedback that you would like more vehicle choice at our airports. Well, your wish is our command as we've doubled our vehicle count across all metro airports over this quarter. We will continue to relentlessly improve the overall Zoomcar experience across all airports in the weeks ahead.

Perhaps most importantly, we've dramatically overhauled our customer feedback mechanism to ensure that we're always fulfilling your every self-drive desire. We've initiated significant overhauls to our car condition monitoring and car cleaning processes. We took this decision based on certain customer critiques. We're confident that our new in-vehicle technology will help us to better diagnose issues in a preventive fashion, thereby ensuring every Zoomer's experience is seamless. Please note that along with this car condition overhaul, we've officially discontinued the stocking of AUX cables in all vehicles.
I hope these new maintenance, cleaning & monitoring they are talking about is not just on paper. I would love to see improvements in condition of their cars. It will mean a far better experience for the users.
Old 10th November 2016, 12:44   #1160
Senior - BHPian

For the next few months at least. The true test will be when we rent zoomcars 6 months to a year down the line and this current lot of cars has had time to get sufficiently abused.

How much they deter that abuse, and how much their in car detection system catches on overly frequent lane changes, redlining, clutch riding etc will be the acid test of whatever new system they've developed. That and their ability to extract sufficient penalties from the customers when they abuse a car.
Old 19th November 2016, 17:05   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Zoomcar now in Mangalore and Coimbatore. They just sent out a mailer that includes a personalized referral code in case someone wants to refer friends to them.

Why would such a referral even take place given that most of their recent rentals have been so glitchy, failing AC, bald tyres etc etc, I'm not quite sure.

Still, I do have a honda city rental from them next week as they are the only rental at Hyderabad airport (I don't think Myles is available at that location). So I guess I will see what I will see :(
Old 20th November 2016, 15:43   #1162
BHPian

Tried Zoomcar for the first time last weekend. The experience was bad. Had planned a trip from Chennai to Bangalore and back in 3 days. Booked a Honda City 3 days in advance and paid the entire amount.
The pickup time was 2PM from Chennai Airport. Unlike Myles, nobody calls from Zoomcar for a confirmation/direction etc. I was on the way to pickup location and got a call at 1:15PM from Zoomcar saying that the car is unavailable and the only replacement that they had was a stand-by Scorpio in a different part of the city. I never wanted a Scorpio and when Zoomcar rep said this is a standby/replacement vehicle, i was hesitant to opt for the car, also this car is available at a pickup location 20kms away from the original pickup point. They did not give any other option. I asked the rep to call me in like while 15 mins time for me to decide. In the mean time got a call from the pickup location explaining that the car is unavailable, he also added that they had informed the customer care team well in advance that the car is unavailable and the customer care team did not inform me!. Checked with Myles, they had a Honda City AT in a different location in the next 2 hrs, booked it. Got a call from Myles confirming the booking and he explained the details on the route, he asked about the destination, when i said Bangalore he wanted to check back and let me know in sometime. He called me back and said that City AT is unavailable, but a Swift is available at the same time and same location (later on a passing note he mentioned that something related to KA permit was unavailable for that particular City AT). Accepted it as i was expecting something like this as the booking was on very short notice. Went to the pickup point like 30mins in advance, the car was ready, clean inside and out. It was a Swift VDI ABS. The car was a 2015 model and had run about 45k kms. Tyres were good and the car was in pretty decent shape expect a mild rattle in the dashboard when going over bad roads at low speeds. The trip was good and the mileage was ~22km/Lit. The drop-off was good, efficient. Like the last time, the representative asked feedback about how the car performed and whether we had any issues, told him about the rattle, he said he will have a look into it.
Overall, a very good experience with Myles.

Mentioned about this in Zoomcar Twitter handle, got a call from the customer care the next day, they were apologetic, explained that it is unlikely i will go try Zoomcar again. They said they will pass the feedback to the team and credited certain points as compensation. While this is a good gesture, does not really make up for the surprise during the pickup.

Last edited by knaveen : 20th November 2016 at 15:44.
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 06:04   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody tried other rentals than zoomcar and myles? For example udrive.in has a rather bare bones page but an interesting fleet and rates.

Others like revv.co.in, selfdrive etc etc seem tonne around as well
Old 22nd November 2016, 17:05   #1164
BHPian

I am looking for a AT self drive car in Bangalore which ones do you guys suggest?
Old 22nd November 2016, 17:24   #1165
Team-BHP Support

I received an email and notification on the app about an invitation to the ''exclusive'' Supermilers Club.

Apparently, I get

- Z points on bookings
- priority call center support
- no security deposit for bookings
Old 22nd November 2016, 17:30   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
I am looking for a AT self drive car in Bangalore which ones do you guys suggest?
On carzonrent and myles - take your pick from Ciaz AT, Jazz AT, Fortuner AT, various Mercs

Depends on your budget. I don't think there's any small hatch with an AMT available in this lot though.
Old 23rd November 2016, 15:35   #1167
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Zoom Car introduces KUV100, Ritz, Jazz, Aspire & Endeavour to its fleet in Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zoom.png  

Old 23rd November 2016, 15:45   #1168
BHPian

Zoomcar starts operations in Coimbatore and Mangalore

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-untitled.jpg
Old 11th December 2016, 16:15   #1169
BHPian

Has anyone rented a zoomcar in coimbatore? Wanted to know if new cars are available or old ones only.
Old 13th December 2016, 14:45   #1170
BANNED

I have booked a Nano for the 24th in Delhi NCR. When I see my booking, I have paid for all, but the refundable amount shows as 0. Isnt the security deposit refundable?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks