Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2017, 23:41   #1381
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Rented a zoomcar in Kolkata for 12 hours last week to drive within the city. The location I chose was certainly not an accessible one (SN Roy road, near new alipur) located deep inside a narrow lane. Had a tough time returning to the location with all the changes in traffic direction that is a trademark of traffic management in the city. They sure could have scouted for a better location.

The cars, at least in that location, looked worse for the wear. The Swift I picked up was full of dings and scratches and made a funny drone at 80 plus speeds, however, the car was otherwise clean including the interiors. I was not asked for the 5k deposit at the time of checking out, not sure if this is an introductory offer in a new location
hothatchaway is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 22:13   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Urgent help needed! Please share zoomcars helpdesk contact number, preferably of Siliguri branch. The website is showing only an email option with no ph number.
Hey how was your experience with Zoom Siliguri. Do you have any idea whether we can take Zoom car to Sikkim.

Is there any legal or taxi union issue one may face?

cheers
Vishwas
Old 16th September 2017, 10:46   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Hey how was your experience with Zoom Siliguri. Do you have any idea whether we can take Zoom car to Sikkim.

Is there any legal or taxi union issue one may face?

cheers
Vishwas
Zoom Siliguri was a pleasant experience. The zoom employees were very helpful in handing over & receiving the car. Going to Sikkim is unpredictable at the moment because you need to pass through troubled WB hill regions. I travelled till Kalijhora and it was OK. Lots of SK registered cars plying on the route (very few WB registered ones); my suggestion would be stick to a group of SK cars and it'll be fine. BTW, most of cars in Zoom Siliguri are KA registered (swifts and ecosports) ; their SUVs (Scorpio , Creta) are WB registered.
ankan.m.blr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 12:42   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Zoom Siliguri was a pleasant experience. The zoom employees were very helpful in handing over & receiving the car. Going to Sikkim is unpredictable at the moment because you need to pass through troubled WB hill regions. I travelled till Kalijhora and it was OK. Lots of SK registered cars plying on the route (very few WB registered ones); my suggestion would be stick to a group of SK cars and it'll be fine. BTW, most of cars in Zoom Siliguri are KA registered (swifts and ecosports) ; their SUVs (Scorpio , Creta) are WB registered.
Thanks for the prompt revert. Would by any chance have the contact numbers of person in Siliguri?

cheers
Vishwas
Old 17th October 2017, 17:57   #1385
BHPian

Hi. Does anyone have any experiences of renting through Zoomcar at Udaipur. I have rented a car to be picked up from Udaipur station. I am assuming that since this is a new location, they are likely to have new and well maintained cars. Is it advisable to rent from a smaller location or is it better to get myself a taxi from Udaipur.
Old 19th October 2017, 21:07   #1386
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a pleasant experience with ZoomCar from Tirupati.
Booked a scorpio for couple of days and below is my experience

- I reached the pick-up location 30 mins earlier and vehicle was being washed
- Executive was kind and well behaving
- Asked if I knew the local language (Telugu) and he is fluent in Telugu, English, Tamil
- While filling the checklist he explained at every stage and presented the all necessary documents
- Got a vehicle with a little over 8k on odo (Aug'17 registered vehicle)
- Almost similar experience during drop-off as well

Down-side:
- Interiors were not cleaned properly (had loads of mud under the floor mat)
Mr.Boss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 00:25   #1387

Anyone who has utilised the services of my choize?
It is a self drive rental service by ORIX from Japan. Any feedback?
Planning to utilise their services in December.
Old 24th October 2017, 12:22   #1388
BHPian

Booked a Scorpio for 4 days in Vizag. The Delivery Executive called up promptly at the appointed time and was present outside the Airport Arrival Gate within 15 minutes of the call.

The pre delivery formalities were completed within a minute or two. The car was a 66,000 km run S4 with a couple of minor dents. It was clean, the tyres were new and it handled well. The only issue was a non functioning hand brake, which the executive had mentioned at the time of handing over the car.

The return was equally fuss free. I called up half an hour before the scheduled time, went over to the airport parking lot where the executive was waiting, completed the check list on the app and was done in a couple of minutes.

All in all a smooth and hassle free experience.
Babuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 17:11   #1389
BHPian

Folks,

I'm contemplating renting a car from Delhi Airport for a 10 day trip in December through Nainital, Jim Corbett, Manali & back to Delhi. How would you recommend ZoomCars in Delhi for this long trip crossing UP, Uttarakhand, HP and NCR ?

The feedback on the car quality on this thread seems iffy while Customer Care seems non-existent !

My other options are Myles or public transport (Trains / buses). Myles looks similar and is slightly cheaper. Public Transport comes with its own restrictions and I'm holding it as a last resort.
Old 26th October 2017, 14:59   #1390
BHPian

Since I had a pleasant experience with zoomcars at Siliguri, I decided to book a Swift for 6 days on my Rajasthan tour next month. I have paid almost Rs.19K for a Swift with 1600 KM slab. Pickup & drop at Jaipur aiport. Plan is to drive down to Jodhpur, Jaisalmer & Bikaner. Does anyone have any experience with zoomcars at Jaipur? Anything I need to be careful about?

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 26th October 2017 at 15:03.
Old 27th October 2017, 09:17   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
Folks,

I'm contemplating renting a car from Delhi Airport for a 10 day trip in December through Nainital, Jim Corbett, Manali & back to Delhi. How would you recommend ZoomCars in Delhi for this long trip crossing UP, Uttarakhand, HP and NCR ?

The feedback on the car quality on this thread seems iffy while Customer Care seems non-existent !

My other options are Myles or public transport (Trains / buses). Myles looks similar and is slightly cheaper. Public Transport comes with its own restrictions and I'm holding it as a last resort.

I did a similar trip from Delhi airport to Nainital last year and used Myles for that.the experience was good. The car I drove was a Figo aspire.

Car was in a good shape and top variant - however passenger side wiper was missing which I realised mid way as the day dawned. Much better and economical than zoom.
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 14:57   #1392
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rented a Zoom Car in Vizag. Paid Rs. 10,790 for the rental from Wednesday through Sunday. I guess I have good luck with rentals as I've always gotten new'ish cars (be it the Etios from Myles in Delhi or the Zoom Elite i20 in Ahmedabad). Chose the Scorpio over the Creta as:

1. We needed the 3rd row of seats

2. This truck (Scorpio) has more character than that car (Creta)

Came out of the airport and the Scorpio arrived within 5 minutes. It had done ~15k km and was in top shape...aesthetically as well as mechanically. No complaints at all. The sign-in process took about 5 minutes and we were off.

Random thought while driving the Scorpio: Google Maps is sure helping the self-drive rentals movement. G-Maps makes it so easy to arrive & drive in a new city. Just type in your destination and get guided there for free! If it weren't for GPS navigation, self-drive rentals would have never taken off in India.

Love Mahindra's 2.1L engine and the tall seating position. Don't like the suspension (it neither rides nor handles well) or the steering (Mahindra has the worst calibrated steerings in India).
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1.jpg

Wheel caps held in place by plastic tie-straps! Only in India:
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-2.jpg

It was a new car, hence had the mandatory 80 kmph limiter. But Zoom Car had removed it. I know it because I crossed 100 kmph. Only difference was a speed warning beep:
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-3.jpg

I'm thinking of filing a PIL against this annoying feature . Making matters worse, the pesky feature activated itself each time the car was restarted:
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-4.jpg

Hotel valet is using a card from the late 90s. See the list of cars:
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-5.jpg

Beautiful India. This was one of the most stunning beaches I've seen in our country:
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-20171026-14.38.12.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-20171026-14.50.32.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-20171026-14.50.36.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-20171027-17.05.49.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-20171027-17.05.56.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-20171027-17.24.09.jpg

It was a 'Mahindra week' for me. Also drove the ugly Xylo which belonged to a Navy Pilot in the group. Over bad roads though, give me the softer Xylo over the bumpy Scorpio anyday! The Scorpio's body suffers horrible lateral movement on bad roads. Surprising because you'd think the vehicle is built for broken roads, but no way passengers can endure them (even if the vehicle can):
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-z.jpg

Giving the Scorpio back at the airport was also a fuss-free experience. I'll give Zoom Cars a full 5 stars for the experience!

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2017 at 15:04.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 09:53   #1393
BHPian

Received the following email yesterday from Zoom car.
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-tmp_5709screenshot_20171031095020801_com.google.android.gm861316009.png
knightrider_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:46   #1394
BHPian

Need help from BHPians in bangalore about zoom car rental. I planned for a trip to wayanad and will be driving from bangalore. Would like to know the best available car in zoom w.r.t drivability in those roads which I need to opt for. Any other cheap & better options than zoom cars would also be helpful
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:55   #1395
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If anyone was curious about Zoom Car's financial figures - link to full news article.

Quote:
Self-drive car rental start-up Zoomcar India Pvt. Ltd’s loss narrowed to Rs100.4 crore for the year ended 31 March from Rs101.4 crore in the previous year, according to company documents sourced from Tofler.

Total revenue grew 35% to Rs121.2 crore from Rs89.82 crore in the previous fiscal.

The company’s expenses rose 16% to Rs 221.6 crore in the year ended March. It spent Rs28.2 crore on employees and Rs14 crore in finance costs.

Zoomcar currently has a fleet of 2,600 vehicles
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks