Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2015, 14:06   #556
BHPian

re: Zoom Car: Self Drive rentals in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Gurgaon & Chennai

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this has been answered earlier. I wanted to know if Zoomcar provides Baby seats in Delhi? The tariff description says its included in the tariff and I also confirmed the same from their helpline but were hesitant initially to confirm. Hence the confusion and whether I should depend on them that they will provide me one.

Getting a reliable seat is another concern. Any experiences?
Old 22nd May 2015, 19:58   #557
BHPian

re: Zoom Car: Self Drive rentals in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Gurgaon & Chennai

Guys

Zoomcar launch in Hyderabad is just around the corner. I spotted the cars lined up today ready to take off. The location is Gachibowli just behind Vibrant Nissan dealership.

There were 6 blue figos, 3 red scorpios and 1 maroon amaze.

Meanwhile zoom car is giving 30% off on first drive if you signup now.

Btw does anyone know the business model? Is it coco or franchise model?
Old 24th May 2015, 14:26   #558
Senior - BHPian

Zoomcar site started accepting bookings for Hyderabad. Looks like they did a silent launch.

Cars available: Figo, Amaze, Ecosport, Scorpio, XUV

There are 4 locations around Gachibowli-Madhapur area and 2 in Banjara Hills.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 23:26   #559
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Self-drive car rental Zoomcar raises Rs 31 crore

Quote:
Self-drive car rental venture Zoomcar has closed an interim round of funding from existing investors, as the company redraws strategy following the exit of cofounder David Back, according to three people privy to developments.

Back, a Harvard law graduate who cofounded Zoomcar in 2012 along with another American entrepreneur Greg Moran, will continue to hold his board position of the US entity of the Bengaluru-based company, in which sources say he owns 24%.

Zoomcar, backed by Sequoia Capital and a roster of marquee angel investors such as Lady Barbara Judge and former Infosys director Mohandas Pai, has so far raised over $11 million in venture funding.
Source: Economic Times

Let's see what this does to the company's strategy.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:07   #560
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car: Self Drive rentals in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Gurgaon & Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Zoomcar site started accepting bookings for Hyderabad. Looks like they did a silent launch.

Cars available: Figo, Amaze, Ecosport, Scorpio, XUV

There are 4 locations around Gachibowli-Madhapur area and 2 in Banjara Hills.

I have been waiting for this day for the last 3 years!!! I cannot describe how happy I am. I am almost in tears

Thank you for the information
Old 29th May 2015, 11:02   #561
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car: Self Drive rentals in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Gurgaon & Chennai

Quote:
Zoomcar site started accepting bookings for Hyderabad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post

I have been waiting for this day for the last 3 years!!!
Hi, I just booked for this weekend. Taking the car from Gachibowli. Zoomcar has acknowledged the payment. This is fine. My only concern is that my booking starts from 7 AM. Since it is too early, what if the representative is not in office? I mean people open at around 9 AM right?

Please let me know how this works. On the site it says they will SMS me the car number later. But what if the shop is closed till 9 or 10 in the morning?
Old 29th May 2015, 11:07   #562
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Self-drive car rental Zoomcar raises Rs 31 crore

Source: Economic Times

Let's see what this does to the company's strategy.
Ajmat just fwded me this link.

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/Fb...k-resigns.html

Looks like the 31 crore funding is not closed yet and it's indeed sad to see David leave Zoomcar India. He was the one we met back in 2013 and was quite excited about the venture.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 11:29   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post
Hi, I just booked for this weekend. Taking the car from Gachibowli. Zoomcar has acknowledged the payment. This is fine. My only concern is that my booking starts from 7 AM. Since it is too early, what if the representative is not in office? I mean people open at around 9 AM right?

Please let me know how this works. On the site it says they will SMS me the car number later. But what if the shop is closed till 9 or 10 in the morning?
They have a 24x7 booking timeline which means there is always someone available at the spot to give out the cars. I am not sure about how things are in Hyderabad given the Nawabi attitude of everyone but I'm guessing you will probably find the guy sleeping at the desk with all the cars behind him.

FYI, they have their cars independent of any other vendors that might affect their timings. Eg: they have their cars in a car parking with no office but a table at the car parking area. Unless specifically written on a location that is open only from this time to this time or only people of a particular apartment complex are allowed, it should be available round the clock to anyone.

Last edited by Cyrus_the_virus : 29th May 2015 at 11:36.
Old 29th May 2015, 11:46   #564
BHPian

Quote:

No need to worry. Around half an hour before the pickup time they will message you the details and then when you reach the spot, you just have to send an SMS to unlock the car. You will find the keys, the navigation device, documents etc all in the dashboard.

A better option would be to download the Zoomcar app, there you can do the unlocking and also do a pre-delivery check of the car (they have a checklist for that).

I picked up my car at around 1:00 AM in Mumbai around a month ago. The customer care response from the team was phenomenal. They even had 3 of their guys at the spot when I reached.

Last edited by m.shekhar : 29th May 2015 at 11:48.
Old 29th May 2015, 15:50   #565
BHPian

Used Zoom Cars in Bangalore for the first time. It was really a very convenient affair. Based on reviews I was worried (a) whether the car would be available when they said it would (b) whether the key would be there (c) how they would know whether or not it was damaged etc.

When I got there, there were three people there, a nice red a-class with lot of scratches and dents, each one of which was noted. It took 5 minutes to be off.

Similarly, the drop of process was as simple. The only thing was that the personnel do not seem to be very familiar with the cars. There was a warning sign on dash when I took the car, but they did not seem to know why. It turned out to be low air in one of the tyres. Barring this, there was no other issue.
Caramba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 12:53   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Used Zoom Cars in Bangalore for the first time. It was really a very convenient affair. Based on reviews I was worried (a) whether the car would be available when they said it would (b) whether the key would be there (c) how they would know whether or not it was damaged etc.

When I got there, there were three people there, a nice red a-class with lot of scratches and dents, each one of which was noted. It took 5 minutes to be off.

Similarly, the drop of process was as simple. The only thing was that the personnel do not seem to be very familiar with the cars. There was a warning sign on dash when I took the car, but they did not seem to know why. It turned out to be low air in one of the tyres. Barring this, there was no other issue.
Where did you pick it up from? The one I got for Brigade Metropolis last month was in spotless condition!
Old 31st May 2015, 08:12   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Zoomcar site started accepting bookings for Hyderabad.
Quote:
it should be available round the clock to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post
No need to worry. Around half an hour before the pickup time they will message you the details
Finished my Zoomcar drive yesterday. It was very good. I picked up the EcoSport in Gachibowli Nissan. I was there 30 minutes before the scheduled time and the representative was missing. I did not have the app on my phone so unlocking was an issue. I called the ZoomCar customer care number and they alerted the representative who showed up in ten minutes.

I filled up a physical checklist (no app on my mobile). Drove the Ecosport around the city and I thought it had better pick up than my swift. But it was very congested - the backrest on the front seats felt narrow and quite rugged. The interior itself was not great. Well, the stereo was good and the boot space was awesome. But the car itself was a let down. It was like taking an unwilling fat dog for a stroll, the leash always loose in your hand. And when you want it to run it would tug at you in the straightest line possible. Swift is very nimble and enjoyable, like a smart dog that is playful and wants you to play along. EcoSport was neither comfortable nor enjoyable.

On the plus side, ZoomCar experience was inspiring. At the dropping point the representative noted the odometer reading and when it was over, gave us a lift till Gachibowli flyover. On the way I chatted him up and he said they were introducing Honda City in a few weeks. He showed me the red XUV near the flyover and I told him he may see me more often, what with the promising range of cars.

Last edited by SyncNest : 31st May 2015 at 08:14.
SyncNest is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 12:12   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Finished my Zoomcar drive yesterday. It was very good. I picked up the EcoSport in Gachibowli Nissan.
Hi Nest,
Did you utilize the introductory promo offer of 30% discount. If yes, can you please inform the details like at which stage it is applied ?
I just finished booking an XUV for the next weekend, but didn't get any option of entering the promo code anywhere during the booking process. So the entire amount has been charged to my card.
When I asked about it through online chat, they said it will be applied during the checkout process when i drop the car. And when I called the helpline, the lady said it has to applied before making the payment during the booking itself, but as I said, I couldn't find the option of entering any promo code anywhere during the booking process.
Help
Old 31st May 2015, 13:17   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Hi Nest,
Did you utilize the introductory promo offer of 30% discount.
Hi, the option is available on the booking summary page. Right under the tariff it says 'Apply Promo code.'
I have used "ZOOMHYDR" to get the 30% discount.

If we haven't used up our discount code I am assuming we can use it in the future bookings.

Let us know how XUV feels
SyncNest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 14:30   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have a 24x7 booking timeline which means there is always someone available at the spot to give out the cars. I am not sure about how things are in Hyderabad given the Nawabi attitude of everyone but I'm guessing you will probably find the guy sleeping at the desk with all the cars behind him.
In Bangalore, there was an executive who took care of two or three points and was available even at 2 am.

Most Viewed