Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 16:14   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Zoom Car has started a "Deal of the Day" section on its website. I took a look just now and it seems like they offer discounts between 30-50% for pick-ups the following morning or the day after (e.g. today is Tuesday, so pickups are Wednesday 7 a.m. and in some case Thursday). Duration is long (>12 hours typically, some are even 24hr). Pune folks, a CLA is available all day Thursday for 4690/- which looks like a sweet deal

Link
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 17:15   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Zoom Car has started a "Deal of the Day" section on its website. I took a look just now and it seems like they offer discounts between 30-50% for pick-ups the following morning or the day after
Link
They started this since atleast a couple of weeks. I had hired an XUV from the daily deals for 36 hours, that too weekend, with a discount of 30%.

Most of the 50% discounts are for hires from night till morning, whereas the more usable hours deals are at 30%.

Now with the advent of Zoomcar-commute i.e. a 5 day hire Monday through Thursday, I expect the daily deals to reduce to a great extent, unless they increase the number of cars by a big margin.

Last edited by noopster : 30th June 2015 at 18:06. Reason: Added linky :)
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 23:50   #633
BHPian

BHPians from Mumbai, I plan to take an XUV for 2 days for an outing with 4 adult and 2 grownup kids on board. How is the Zoom service in Mumbai? Don't see many comments by people who may have used this service in Mumbai. How is the overall condition and upkeep of vehicles? especially the suspension, brakes, clutches etc? Do they really take very long in refunding the deposits, as this was the most oft discussed point in many posts here.
Old 1st July 2015, 21:56   #634
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am stuck in a bit of a dilemma here and would like some help from anyone who has experienced this before.

I've booked a Honda City for 4th of July from a location in Pune for the weekend, around 2 weeks ago. However, now I see that the car is not listed in that property at all and my booking is still confirmed. I called their customer support and they said the booking is definitely confirmed.

Can i trust Zoomcar on this or should I be looking at other options? There are no other cars available on Zoomcar for my booking's duration and I fear being stranded at the pickup time.

Thanks,

Arvind
Old 1st July 2015, 22:21   #635
BHPian

Booked a Eco-sport for 48 hours at 4564/- using the deals of the day.
BTW they have discontinued the 30% off for first time bookings.

This will be my first Zoom experience and am looking forward to it.

There has been a mixed bag of reviews and experiences in the group.
Will post my detailed experience after my ride.
Old 1st July 2015, 22:27   #636
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Hello everyone,

I am stuck in a bit of a dilemma here and would like some help from anyone who has experienced this before.

I've booked a Honda City for 4th of July from a location in Pune for the weekend, around 2 weeks ago. However, now I see that the car is not listed in that property at all and my booking is still confirmed. I called their customer support and they said the booking is definitely confirmed.

Can i trust Zoomcar on this or should I be looking at other options? There are no other cars available on Zoomcar for my booking's duration and I fear being stranded at the pickup time.

Thanks,

Arvind
There are only a limited number of cars available at each location. All the Honda Citys in that location may now have been booked, so you do not see it in the list anymore. Don't worry, your booking is safe.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 22:37   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
There are only a limited number of cars available at each location. All the Honda Citys in that location may now have been booked, so you do not see it in the list anymore. Don't worry, your booking is safe.
Thanks Eddy!

I was surprised as the car is not even listed as "Unavailable", hence the confusion.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:50   #638
BHPian

My recent experience with Zoomcar:-

I was in Bangalore for a week, so I thought of exploring a self-drive rental with Zoomcar. I booked it for half-day (1:00PM to 7:30PM), and the charges was Rs. 770 + Rs. 5000 (refundable deposit).

Pick Up Experience
I wanted to confirm the exact location of the Doddanekundi pickup point, as I was not sure. I had the app installed on my phone, and tried calling the customer care number. It was an invalid number. I then tried their website chat support, and got no immediate response. I got a response later, after picking up the car!
Anyways, I managed to figure out the pick-up point by exploring around a bit.
I was a bit early, so I waited there near their car parking. There was no representative around. I had booked a Scorpio, and there were two Scorpios parked. I started inspecting them from outside - one of the cars had a badly cracked bumper. The other car was in better shape, but exterior was dirty - there were streak marks all over the cladding.
While I was inspecting these, the Scorpio with the cracked bumper unlocked automatically. I assumed that this was the car for me, and started looking for the keys inside. There was no key, and neither was any representative around. I had no number to call! It was still a few minutes before my booking time, so I was waiting. This was when I noticed a board with the numbers of the Zoomcar representative. I called the first number - no response. I called the 2nd number, and finally got the response that he is on his way. Finally the guy arrived, about 10~15 minutes late, and handed over the keys. It was for the other Scorpio - the one without the cracked bumper. This was good, as the cracked-bumper one was extremely dirty inside.

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_0016.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_0018.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_0019.jpg

I went through the checklist, but honestly, I could not really check each and every document they had mentioned. I personally feel the representative should have helped with the checklist, but he just handed the keys, and left. Long-story-short, their customer support is a bit unprofessional, and you need to be prepared for that!

Drive Experience
The Scorpio I booked was not very clean. However, it was the better of the two Scorpios. The engine seemed a little under-powered for a Scorpio, but other than that no issues. It had a basic music system with AUX-in & front USB. AUX-in cable was provided. It also had a multi-pronged charger,it had no lightning-cable for recent iPhones.

Return & Refund
Returning was smoothed, as I had called the customer care number beforehand. They assured me that even if no one is around to collect the keys, I could just call them, and they would remote-lock the car.
I got the refund of 5K deposit in a day's time, however, it came to something called "Citrus Cash" account. I had to manually go an try to move the cash back into my bank account. That process is still not completed, so fingers-crossed.

Overall verdict is that it is a good service, but needs a lot of improvement. At the moment, Zoomcar is just a sitting duck, waiting to hand this new industry over to a more serious competitor.
floyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:57   #639
Senior - BHPian

I think the operations is not being managed that well or the person at top is not really on top of things hence, people are having inconsistent experience.

Anyways I am looking for a 8 seater vehicle for a 3 day family trip, zoomcar does not seem to have such a vehicle so any pointers by the good folks here. Myles is turning out to be too expensive as well.
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:30   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I think the operations is not being managed that well or the person at top is not really on top of things hence, people are having inconsistent experience.

Anyways I am looking for a 8 seater vehicle for a 3 day family trip, zoomcar does not seem to have such a vehicle so any pointers by the good folks here. Myles is turning out to be too expensive as well.
You are out of luck. 8 seater is minivan territory or aftermarket installed cabbie bench seat territory. Best rent a force traveler or something of the sort with a driver ofr your trip. Myles has multiple seven seaters though (safari, innova, ertiga even fortuner). One of the larger 7 seaters should probably fit the bill assuming one or two kids in that group.
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:34   #641
BHPian

I have used it since the time they came out new and had only a few cars and rental pick up points. What I feel is that the service quality has suffered with their expansion.
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:43   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

I am assuming that you will have lot of luggage for a 3 day trip , how about renting out a tata winger ? It might work out right ? Unless you rent 2 cars from Zoom , it might not be comfortable to squeeze 8 passengers in safari or XUV.
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:48   #643
BHPian

We rented a Xuv from Zoom car Delhi for our Ladkah Trip. Total cost for 15 days came up to 59k including 5k security deposit. The car was in new condition just done 6000 kms on the Odo. The experience was good, we did not have any breakdowns or issues and covered 2800 kms on the same. Post return we put our fuel bills in the glove box, submitted the checklist on the phone and also called them. Within a couple of days we got our 10,500 fuel cost and 5k security back.

Overall the experience was really good and we would rent from them again.
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:07   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a mixed bag of experiences with two scorpios rented from Monday morning till tonight for a trip to Madikeri. Sad thing was we had to let go of one car there as it broke down after self destructing it's gearbox. Though their support is pretty good and Mahindra dealer at Gonikoppal was extremely helpful, i felt that their customer care must improve.

Five of us had to come home by bus and that after a long session with their CC. They wouldn't let us go until the tow truck arrived and the tow truck was to come from Kerala. Somehow convinced them saying that it's a remote area and we had to get back by evening since transport isn't available later. This is a very long story in a short. I just wanted to pour my frustration here. Will explain in detail sometime when I get time.
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:50   #645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Booked my first Zoomcar for four days in the coming week. Let's see how it pans out.

The new policy of not allowing a pickup-drop between midnight and 6 am is a bummer. I wanted my trip to start as early as possible but the earliest I can start now is at 6.15 am after completing all formalities.
Ultimately turned out to be a good experience, end to end. The car was an EcoSport Titanium - 4,000 kms on the Odo.

Pick Up - The car was to be picked up from a mall in Jaynagar. Somehow, I assumed that it would be on the surface parking of the mall but it wasn't & I had to do some looking around. Finally found the zoom car bay in one of the basements. I believe that the exact location should be communicated beforehand.
Anyways, since it was a basement I had no mobile data signal so could not use the app to unlock. The zoomcar guy advised me to send the unlock SMS, which I did. The car did not unlock. Finally had to call support after which the person opened the car manually and handed over the keys. He filled in the checklist on his tablet and I was out in about 10-15 mins.

Return - This was comparatively quicker. The guys just had a casual look at the car, okayed everything & filled his checklist with the trip data and the extra 500 Rs fuel that I had to use.

Refund - The trip ended on Thursday 23.30 hours. When I checked on Monday, the refund of security + fuel + 100 Rs (I don't know why) was already in my Citrus account. Withdrew from Citrus in two transactions (cap of 3000 per transaction apparently) on Tuesday. I checked my account today morning, and the money had been transferred. Not bad.

Note - Please ensure that you use the same email ID to register for Zoomcar and Citrus account.

PS - Zoomcar has stopped using a tablet in the car henceforth for all new cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks