Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 08:35   #901
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Posting this poor experience with Zoomcars faced by a member from the TFI forums :

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/terr...th-zoom.15267/
I had a deja vu moment when I read this. I could relate this easily to when our zoomcar scorpio broke its gearbox. I had the same conversations with CC. The only difference was that I had roughed up the CC so badly, that it was escalated to very high levels that they let me leave the car before their representative or the tow truck arrived, and the regional fleet manager was constantly in touch with me until I reached home, and the refund of 5k was done even before I reached home. That at least consoled me. And yes they did refund all our travel expenses, ie since it was the last day of the trip, we took a volvo bus and reached bangalore, and later took a cab home. All the associated funds were refunded, but a little slowly since they had to do NEFT.

I even got a call the next day where I was apologised to by the manager saying that the car had manufacturing defects from day one and so on. I returned the documents the very next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Being completely neutral, all I have to say that in it's urge for expansion and dominance, Zoom Car's standards have nosedived. A majority of their cars are in appalling state. Not my first or even second self drive option any more.
DL verification is nothing but seeing the scanned image and if the details are clear enough your DL is approved. Only if they run into an accident or stuff then they will actually see that in detail.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 09:49   #902
BHPian

Just an update, if it's not already out there- the CLA is no more available for Pune. Now we only have the A class and the GLA.

Also a friend took the GLA last month and was really surprised to see the condition of the car. That particular model was picked up from Fatima Nagar. The car had a broken tail lamp, damaged side mirror, damaged windscreen (a long crack extending in the middle of the windscreen, to be more precise), sidewall bulge on the front left tyre etc.

So overall the condition was really poor and which is honestly quite a let down considering the amount you pay for renting these luxury cars.
Zoomcar is definitely finding it difficult to maintain these cars and I don't blame them entirely because the ones renting mishandle/abuse the car, only cause they don't own them. Sad but true!

If anyone else has an update on the condition of GLA or the A class here in Pune, please do share with us.

I have completed around 5-6 trips already in the Mercs, and one of them I remember was done when the GLA had clocked just 600 kms!
Now I really don't feel like booking anymore primarily cause of the condition of these cars.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 2nd December 2015 at 09:52.
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:29   #903
Team-BHP Support

I have booked an XUV for December.

Got a call from Zoomcar yesterday informing that the pick up point I had chosen (Dwarka Sector 10) is closing and the pick up point would be Dwarka sector 9 and whether I was ok with it.

It's only a couple of Kms from my house so I said it was ok.

On hindsight, I should have asked them what were the next steps if I was not ok with the new pick up point - would they have delivered the car or cancelled the booking ?
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:59   #904
Senior - BHPian

A question for those who have booked the XUV in Bangalore.

The website says 7-seater, but isn't it an 8-seater?
Old 3rd December 2015, 07:43   #905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
A question for those who have booked the XUV in Bangalore.

The website says 7-seater, but isn't it an 8-seater?
Its actually a 5 seater with loads of boot space, or 5 seater and space for two children at the back. Seven adults can fit for short distances provided you make people sit heightwise Calling it an 8 seater would be overkill. I dont think thats possible.
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:42   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Its actually a 5 seater with loads of boot space, or 5 seater and space for two children at the back. Seven adults can fit for short distances provided you make people sit heightwise Calling it an 8 seater would be overkill. I dont think thats possible.
Yes, the XUV does have a paltry boot when you use the third row of seats.

Ah well, the search continues!
Old 4th December 2015, 00:25   #907
BHPian

Social initiative by Zoom Cars in Chennai
Name:  Screenshot_201512021427481.png
Views: 1615
Size:  66.8 KB
Old 4th December 2015, 17:50   #908
BHPian

I will be using Zoom Car for the first time this december for a 2000km - 8 day trip.

I have been so far a loyal myles user as I love their unlimited km policy and fill what you use fuel system.

However 50% deal of Zoom Cars was too good to let go.

Now I am confused about their fuel policy. I will definitely need to fill on the way myself. How does Zoom Car reimburses for fuel? Website says that they will reimburse me against fuel invoice. But isnt it too ambiguous?

Mileage can vary great due to driving conditions (Hills, Traffic) & Driving style (revving in low gear).

Also how do they control cheating and pilferage in this?

cheers
Vishwas
Old 4th December 2015, 18:32   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
How does Zoom Car reimburses for fuel? Website says that they will reimburse me against fuel invoice. But isnt it too ambiguous?
The fuel expenses will be refunded alongwith your security deposit at the end of your trip through CitrusPay. Based on the kms covered by you, they can calculate the approx quantity of fuel consumed during the trip.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 18:46   #910
BHPian

Quote:
How does Zoom Car reimburses for fuel ?
Website says that they will reimburse me against fuel invoice.
Here in Bengaluru, Zoom requires that the fuel bills are placed in the glove-box ( along with the keys ) at the end of the trip.
If a Zoom associate is present when you drop off your vehicle, you can hand the bills over to him directly.
I've had to do this only twice - when I had booked a Nano, on both occasions, the refund was seamless.
That said, would advise that you take pics of the bills before handing them over - to cover any "disputes".
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 20:28   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Here in Bengaluru, Zoom requires that the fuel bills are placed in the glove-box ( along with the keys ) at the end of the trip.
I've had to do this only twice - when I had booked a Nano, on both occasions, the refund was seamless.
Thanks, but I am still not clear regarding my other concerns below

Quote:
Mileage can vary great due to driving conditions (Hills, Traffic) & Driving style (revving in low gear).

Also how do they control cheating and pilferage in this?
Old 4th December 2015, 20:47   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I am still not clear regarding my other concerns below
Their GPS unit embedded in each car can very much calculate a realistic FE. And there is a general +/- 2 leeway. Maybe it is advanced and can calculate how much fuel was filled in, but do not give it too much thought. In any case, with the speed capping, you will almost always be within the normal FE range.

Chill and do not worry too much about it. Just enjoy your trip.
All your fuel bills will be reimbursed.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:28   #913
BHPian

News flash - Zoomcar will be available in Chandigarh soon. (according to their website)
Old 10th December 2015, 21:43   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I have booked a Zoom car (Ford Figo) for the first time for a drive from Delhi -> Agra -> Jaipur ->Delhi...
Just wanted to post back my first experience with Zoomcar.

1) Pickup- was hassle free. Could easily locate the Dwarka sector 9 metro parking, and the Zoom representatives were waiting for me as I was about 30 minutes late in reaching the pickup point. Got few calls from them to confirm/remind my appointment. Filled up checklist in the phone app and got key and zoomed out in less than 10 minutes.

2) Car- it was a new Figo, probably base variant (w/o ABS or SRS and rear window switches) done about 8000 kms. No GPS (I used my phone), OEM stereo was adequate. Car was washed from outside, interior some cleaning would have helped. The dynamics of the car was fine, engine, clutch and gear very smooth. I took few hours to get used to the combination switches (it is exact opposite to my Brio, WagonR and Safari) still ended up using the wrong lever at times. The wiper tank had no water and front windshield had some mark (visible after sunset)- cleaned the glass and refilled wiper tank. Zoom needs to take care of such minor issues.

3)Drive- no hassles exiting Delhi, entering UP and reaching Agra with commercially registered car. I didn't find any RTO checkpost (took Yamuna Expressway) in between to stop for commercial tax. However, while going to Jaipur I stopped (voluntarily) near Bharatpur at RJ checkpost and paid commercial vehicle tax. The process was smooth. Not much crowd on the RTO window.

4)Return- was again hassle free. Reached Zoom parking before time and filled checklist. Security deposit and fuel refilled was credited to my citrus account within a few minutes (got notification from Citrus). Citrus to my bank a/c credit happened in a day. I requested zoom guys to drop us to the airport as I was ahead of time and some 50kms was still remaining from my quota. Those guys politely connected me to call center and made me speak to their representative who said right now it is not in their policy. But, in future they may introduce pickup and drop. We took Ola and came back to IGI airport.

Overall, I am highly satisfied with my first experience. There are a few improvements which Zoom can add e.g. have a water bottle, sun shades, dusting cloth, a cushion or neck pillo etc. in the car (may be on chargeable basis) to make the drive more comfortable.

-BJ
Old 11th December 2015, 09:55   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
3)Drive- no hassles exiting Delhi, entering UP and reaching Agra with commercially registered car. I didn't find any RTO checkpost (took Yamuna Expressway) in between to stop for commercial tax.
-BJ
Great to hear you had a hassle free 'zoom' to Agra and back. I was however not so lucky earlier this year. Just like you, didnt spot a RTO post on the YEW and proceeded onto the Taj Mahal in a Zoom Figo. Had also gone onto Fatehpur Sikri. On my way back had a torrid time figuring out the bovine infested bylanes of Agra city (Navimaps just went bonkers trying to land me to YEW!) and as an icing on the cake, was stopped by a member of the famed law enforcement member of the UP traffic police who was attracted by the novelty value of yellow on black reg plates. As luck would have it, the document file contained a recent RTO tax paid receipt of Rajasthan but no UP :( Since I was alone and completely worn down by that time (was a day trip you see from Dwaraka - Taj - Sikri - Dwaraka) it wasnt a difficult task to intimidate me, not to mention that I was caught without the state RTO receipt anyways. Had to pay a 'safe passage' fee. The cops even put my GPS out of its misery by helping me with directions to YEW

To this day, I still suspect I had seen a RTO checkpost somewhere along the way to F.Sikhri but was too tired/lazy to stop as I was already running late. It would be great if a good Samaritan who knows the circuit can point out the nearest RTO post on the YEW to the Taj.

Most Viewed