Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 10:53   #1096
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
[b]

I've never heard anyone praise Myles, revv etc.
There are other threads on the subject of self drive rentals in India like the one below;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-agencies.html

Just for info - I am a regular user of the first one you mentioned - out of Mumbai Airport location and always had pleasant experience over all, with them.

Only issue with them is that you need an Indian Credit Card to deal with them, that can be a pain for people based overseas (since I have a base in India as well - this hasn't been an issue with me personally)

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 21st June 2016 at 10:56.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:27   #1097
r.K
BHPian

Zoomcar now starts horse riding!
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zoomcar_horseriding.jpg  

r.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:35   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.K View Post
Zoomcar now starts horse riding!
... as a result of the Government's anti-pollution (nah, anti-vehicle) rules. Soon enough the roads of our country will be occupied by self-drive horses and horse cabs. Way to go, ZoomHorse!

On a serious note, I hope the poor animals are not (ab)used and maintained like their car fleet.

Last edited by biggrin : 23rd June 2016 at 15:37.
biggrin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 23:37   #1099
BHPian

I booked a Zoomcar today in Mumbai (CR2 mall). The red Honda City diesel had dents but was mechanically good. I was surprised to see the amount of noise that creeps into the cabin- it is worse than an Indigo eCS and the engine sounds rough.
I also used a Nano in Delhi last week and it was a good car. The brakes were spongy but everything else was good.
Old 7th July 2016, 20:38   #1100
BHPian

Are Zoom cars taxi no. or private no.
Old 7th July 2016, 20:53   #1101
Team-BHP Support

They are commercially registered vehicles.
Old 26th July 2016, 08:14   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Zero Security Deposit offer in Delhi NCR on Zoom cars.

Got a mailer yesterday.
Attached Images

mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 16:04   #1103
Senior - BHPian

My last two zoomcar experiences have been horrible.

One a Figo booked for two days in which the aircon suddenly cut out and stopped working. Right in the middle of a blazing summer day.

And the second car in Hyderabad was a Honda city that sounded like it was way overdue for an oil change, and besides had been in a fender bender (just back from having its rear tail light replaced and that was still in the boot). Worse was that on my way back to the airport location where I'd rented it, a mudguard came loose and was noisily flapping around my tire till I stopped, pulled it off and put it in the boot. Finally as I'm waiting for my plane the zoomcar guy called me and asked whether I'd accidentally taken the car's RC book. Why ever would I do that? :(. Told him I didn't have it, please check again in the car and he must have found it because I didn't get bothered after that.

I keep getting discount mailers for use on zoomcar but I'm getting a bit wary of using them again. I suppose I will try Miles for a change.

Last edited by hserus : 28th July 2016 at 16:05. Reason: Typo
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 18:59   #1104
BHPian

Ive been seeing all negative posts about Zoomcar here. But, amidst all that, Zoomcar's service in Chennai has been good so far! I never faced issues with booking or refunds, even the pick up was hassle free! I rented three vehicles in the last 20 days, there was just one exception though. All were for airport runs.

1.First one being an EcoSport which was in a pristine condition inside out! Even though it had 50k on the odo, the engine felt very peppy and the car was mechanically sound. Felt it was a bit unsettled over uneven tarmac and wasn't confidence inspiring, my car seems to tackle those roads at ease. But overall, I'd rate that booking at 4.5/5.
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1469711456332.jpg

2. Scorpio:
Rented this big guy from the same Nelson Manickam road location from where I had done my previous rentals, including the Ecosport. The car was mechanically sound, the interiors were bleh. Exteriors had some minor damages. The engine I should say, was pretty nice with zero lag! It had 75k on the odo and performed like new. The pick up and drop experience were nice too, since those guys know me well, it was even easier. I'd rate this at 4/5 cos of the external damages.
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1469711768882.jpg

3.XUV 5OO :
Had pretty high expectations for this, since the scorpio had fit in 6big luggage & 2 carry-on, I needed a bigger vehicle for the next day's airport run. Fortuner wasn't available near my place, asked the XUV and Scorpio owners as to which one had the bigger boot with 3rd folded and most of them told XUV was bigger. So, booked the XUV for 5hours, with the weekend pricing of course! The pick up location was kodambakkam this time, the one at Nelson manickam road wasn't available. Went there, inspected the car, completed the check list and tried moving it and poof! The car jumped forward like crazy and stalled! I thought I had let go of the clutch way too soon, so I cranked up again and moved it slowly! As i was about to join the traffic, I let go of the clutch and it jumped & stalled again. I reversed it back into the zoom yard and complained something's wrong with the clutch. The Zoomcar rep over there who thought he was Mr.Know-it-all claimed it was a Hydraulic clutch and it will act that way & also added that it'll take time for me to get used to. I shut him down saying I've driven XUVs and Cruzes prior to this and they never had such issues even though they had hydraulic clutch. And then he started off saying each clutch differs and all that, not able to put up with his BS theories, I left praying that the car shouldn't jump and rear end some vehicle in B2B traffic. Drove it with so much precaution and found so many issues with the car!
The clutch obviously, was on its way out.
The pass light switch, instead of lighting up the high beams, it completely switched off the entire lighting system -_-
The brakes were squealing, the the suspension had gone for a toss, the flip key wouldn't fold, the car would give a violent jerk when I shifted from 1st to 2nd at 3-4k rpm and the list goes on! One good thing was that the boot fit almost all the luggage. Overall, I would rate this experience at 2/5.
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1469712537493.jpg

Last edited by saadat1992 : 28th July 2016 at 19:00.
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:16   #1105
BHPian

Guys, any idea how's the condition of cars in Bangalore, specifically Honda City, Fortuner or the 3 series? Planning a trip to Coorg so most probably we will fly till Bangalore and rent a zoomcar for 2 odd days. Better ideas/suggestions please?

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:11   #1106
BHPian

Are there any good self drive car agency available in Kolkatta to drive upto Gangtok.
Old 6th August 2016, 10:44   #1107
BHPian

Is ZoomCar planning to start operations in Kolkata? I saw a brand new (no number plates) grey Ford Ecosport with ZoomCar stickering on it, being driven in Ballygunge. Couldn't find any news of this on their website too.
Old 11th August 2016, 11:46   #1108
Senior - BHPian

I have booked an car from Gurgaon to Landsdown in Uttarakhand. Can anyone help me with the location of Road tax posts to deposit UP tax after crossing Delhi?
Old 11th August 2016, 11:54   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncar View Post
Are Zoom cars taxi no. or private no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
They are commercially registered vehicles.
Hah, I just saw this. June 29 - I had ordered an Ola Prime in JP Nagar, Bangalore, and the driver turned up in a Honda Amaze painted in the Zoomcar livery.

It had a busted taillight and was technically "out for repairs" I suppose, so the driver, whoever he was (zoomcar parking location staff? auto garage staff?), was deciding to get a day's free enterprise out of the vehicle by plying it as an Ola. Or he was trying to arbitrage between his Ola earnings and a day's rent for a Zoomcar (probably with an offer code).

But if that sort of thing goes on, I am not at all surprised that the Zoomcars that get handed out to us are such horrible clunkers.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 19:36   #1110
BHPian

Had a terrible experience with Zoom Car yesterday. I had booked an EcoSport from Garuda mall yesterday. As I was in a hurry after the initial inspection to ensure no unnoticed damages, I climbed in and reached the ring road. When I glanced down, I noticed the engine oil change and service required light was on. Furthermore when I braked even at 50 the steering shuddered violently. There was not a chance I could confidently even cross 60 on this vehicle.

I reached a friend's place and we noticed the infotainment display now showed the message for the oil change and furthermore an exterior inspection showed the tyres had now worn out including the spare and also the lock/unlock button was working sporadically. Not planning on spending more time driving this excuse for a premium car any longer I returned the car back within a couple of hours. I feel ashamed as Ford owner to see another Ford in such neglected condition and rented out to the customers with no regard for their personal safety. Nevertheless, I cancelled the rest of my bookings with Zoom for the week.

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20160818_074351.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20160818_074416.jpg

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20160818_103814.jpg

On an off topic note, did anyone else notice Garuda Mall is charging absurd amounts for parking these days? I was charged 160/- for just 5 hours. I'm going to go rant about that on a different thread

Last edited by mukundz : 19th August 2016 at 19:38.
mukundz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks