Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 09:34   #1471
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Sharing my experience with Zoomcar in lucknow.

In short: Good experience with some scope for improvement.

Booking 1: Booked for 4 hours/40KM to feel how figo tdci feels like (interested in buying it soon). Did a huge blunder and booked from 5PM to 9PM (instead of 5AM to 9AM). Had to pay 220 extra to make this change in booking time, unfortunately figo wasn't available at that time and i had to settle with a swift instead. There was an attended who took care of everything. Ride went smoothly and received refund within 3 days of ride date. A funny/strange incident happened during the ride which will be shared in an appropriate thread.

Ride 2: Booked a figo tdci again for 100KMs. Location of the vehicle was to be shared by Zoomcar before 2 days from booking start time but i didn't get any message from them. Fortunately i knew where their vehicles are parked so i visited them and asked their attendant for my booking. He told me that my booking has been cancelled. Upon calling Zoomcar customer care, they said figo has been crashed by a previous customer (which conflicted with the statement of zoomcar attendant who claimed figo had water inside its cabin). I asked for an alternative vehicle, but they said only scorpio is available, I may take it without any extra charge. Took the scorpio (which was missing its IRVM). Everything went smoothly and attended started installing IRVM as soon as i returned the car.

2 Rides, so I'm a member of supermilers club (no security deposit). Will book another ride next month, hopefully this time figo tdci will be available.
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 18:27   #1472
BHPian

Coming back to team bhp after a long time. I just availed the facilities of zoom car and so thought it would be prudent to put my experience here to facilitate other users. Booked a ford figo for a day and few hours. As said, the location was shared two hours prior to my booking. On reaching the said place which is Elgin Road forum mall ( for the benefit of my Calcutta friends) met an attender who helped me out with the formalities.
What I can say is apart from small niggles as expected from a car for hire which many people do abuse the experience wasn't anything to write home about and neither bad in any way.
I got a car which had run 48000kms but made more rattles than my i10 which has crossed 1 lakh kms recently.
Having said that, I was impressed with the ride quality of the car.
If zoom car does read this then please please please try to keep your cars in a better condition.
At the end I can say that zoom cars can be taken for hire but I do not think it would be wise to take it for inter state drives given their conditions
Old 27th August 2018, 11:32   #1473
BHPian

I happened to avail the facilities of Zoomcar for 3 days (Aug 24th, 25th and 26th) in Mangalore, Karnataka (U.K)
We had booked a scorpio for the temple trip of Konkan belt. They alloted S4 variant

Zoomcar feedback - 9/10

+ No manual intervention of zoomcar executive anywhere, everything was handled by the app
+ The car was clean inside out and almost dent free (May be it was new, only 41k on odo)
+ Got prompt message 2 hours prior to my booking start with allocated car number
+ Though they mentioned 80 kmph speed limit in the app also, I could get the car running on 100 and above

- Package band (kilometers) is very minimal. After 375 kms, the pack is at 675 kms. I ran only 522 kms, but paid for 675 kms
- They asked to investigate the car for dents or other things. But the car was parked in the basement of a shopping mall where it was pitch dark at 6AM when I went to pick the car.
- Can provide an Aux cable so that the users can play music from their phones
- Phone holder for google maps can be provided

Scorpio feedback - 7/10
+ Superb road view
+ Immense respect from fellow road users for the Scorp
+ Low end torque is awesome
+ No need to downshift everytime, the car pulls along slowly in higher gears too

- Bouncy (especially the jump seats passengers) ride on bad roads
- High end torque is less when compared to low end (After the vehicle has crossed 100 kmph, it is difficult to move up further)
- Long travel for the clutch (knee started paining after 3 days drive)
- middle seats thigh support was not good
- Almost blind rear view
- S4 variant had absolutely no storage space in the front (not even a bottle holder)

PS: Comparison is based on the Maruti Ritz I own.

Zoomcar: Will surely recommend my friends
Scorpio: Good for good roads and I liked the Scorp better than my Ritz. Given back the car to zoomcar with 50-50 mind . That was the impact scorp made on my mind.

Did not feel like driving my Ritz this morning to office after driving scorp for the last 3 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Sorry for the off topic response.

But are you particular about this being a self drive trip? If not, this package tour by KSTDC is worth a look.
I opted for the zoomcar and it turned out to be a good option. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by bblost : 27th August 2018 at 13:56. Reason: Merged, removed extra smiley.
deemash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 21:04   #1474
BHPian

MODS: posting again from another thread

Hello everyone.
Can anyone please help me urgently in deciding between drivezy, myles, zoomcar? I am in urgent need as my plan came up to drive from Mumbai airport to Shirdi on 9th September. I have heard reviews saying that myles and drivezy cancels the booking at end moment without any explanation. Availabilty of zoomcar is also readily available as the same are parked in parking lot rather than myles and drivezy where a person will come to deliver the vehicle. If cost prospect is kept aside, then what is the best option to go for?
Old 7th September 2018, 10:16   #1475
BHPian

Good news: Rentals won't have speed governors any more. Can use Zoomcar again. Can finally take a Hexa for a spin.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65708465.cms

Last edited by LipDog43 : 7th September 2018 at 10:22.
Old 7th September 2018, 10:40   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipDog43 View Post
Good news: Rentals won't have speed governors any more. Can use Zoomcar again. Can finally take a Hexa for a spin.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65708465.cms

So, is there speed governors installed on all vehicles of zoomcar? I am planning to hire one from Mumbai airport on coming Sunday. Will there be speed limiter in all their vehicles?
I have seen on Drivezy site that there is speed limiter on 1-2 of their vehicles but never seen such mention in zoomcar site.
Old 7th September 2018, 11:27   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
So, is there speed governors installed on all vehicles of zoomcar? I am planning to hire one from Mumbai airport on coming Sunday. Will there be speed limiter in all their vehicles?
I have seen on Drivezy site that there is speed limiter on 1-2 of their vehicles but never seen such mention in zoomcar site.

Yes, some of the Zoomcar vehicles are limited to 80. They will not go beyond 80 no matter how much you floor the accelerator. This is true especially for the new vehicles in their fleet.

On Drivezy and other rentals, they clearly mention on the website if the vehicle has a limit of 80 or not. In case of Zoomcar however, you will not know while you are making the booking. Only 2 hours before the pickup time, you will get an SMS telling you whether or not the car allotted is limited.

And no use trying to contact Zoomcar customer care. They will not help you with this in anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
MODS: posting again from another thread

Hello everyone.
Can anyone please help me urgently in deciding between drivezy, myles, zoomcar? I am in urgent need as my plan came up to drive from Mumbai airport to Shirdi on 9th September. I have heard reviews saying that myles and drivezy cancels the booking at end moment without any explanation. Availabilty of zoomcar is also readily available as the same are parked in parking lot rather than myles and drivezy where a person will come to deliver the vehicle. If cost prospect is kept aside, then what is the best option to go for?

Zoomcar. The service is better than Myles and Drivezy. A bit costlier maybe, but a higher chance of having a pleasant trip when you use Zoomcar.

Myles and Drivezy - yes, have had the experience of cancelled bookings just hours before the pick up time. They just give you a call saying your booking has been cancelled. If possible, another vehicle will be arranged, else they won't help you in any way.

Last edited by navin : 7th September 2018 at 11:38.
Old 7th September 2018, 12:23   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Feedback for use of Zoomcar last month.

I needed to book a car for a day trip as my cars were not available/ being used within family for other errands. In terms of convenience I was looking for a pickup/ drop service and willing to pay for it. The range of cars with this service was extremely limited, so I looked for the cars available at the nearest Zoomcar point (Kothrud depot). There was a Tiago available 3 kms away in Bavdhan, but I thought it would be convenient to pick up from Kothrud depot. So instead of the Tiago, I booked a Brezza (the only other available car at this location was a Swift).
My booking time was 630am, I got a message around 5am with location of the Brezza. It was at Bavdhan (facepalm moment 1). I considered if I should cancel this booking but as that would upset my travel plans, I went ahead anyway.

I reached the location; there were 2 Brezzas parked at the side of the road in a bylane next to an open plot. I could follow the instructions to unlock the car. When I opened the car, I saw crumbs of potato wafers strewn everywhere. There were empty packets in the footwell and doorpads. Exteriors were muddy, which is ok considering the rains. But (a big but), the muck seemed to have been on there for around a fortnight at the least. I called their customer care number; they asked me to make a video and take pics for existing damage. The person on the line was extremely professional and helpful.

There was next to no fuel in the car. Thankfully, there is a petrol pump next to the location, so I could fill up there. The car was mechanically ok; I did not like it much. But that is more a Brezza problem than a Zoomcar one. Though I could not find any speed limiter; I ended up crossing 80 once, but I did not want to incur any fines. So I stuck to 80 otherwise and it was a pain on my return trip when all and sundry were overtaking me.
Dropping off the car was less time consuming. The fuel expenses were paid to my bank account immediately.

- App based pickup/ drop is a breeze once you get the hang of it
- they pay for all fuel, so if you are driving more kms it makes sense
- Refunds of deposit and fuel expenses were smooth and lightning quick once all details were submitted

Dislikes:
- Little to no options for pick up/ drop service. People are willing to pay for convenience
- Extremely unclean cars (in and out). Lack of proper hygiene is one of the biggest deal breakers for people like me who then end up buying a second car instead of just using selfdrive rentals
- Last minute change of location for the pickup. This was extremely annoying. Had I known the location would be the other one, I would have a picked the Tiago (or any other car available at that location).
- Clarity required on the speed limits. The fine print is not really useful.

Last edited by selfdrive : 7th September 2018 at 12:25.
Old 7th September 2018, 14:55   #1479
BHPian

Are these not enabled with FASTag? Which they can easily track and charge back. (Given no manual intervention, App based model etc).
Also what is the deal with paying taxes at border? Did some tax reform not abolish all those?
Old 7th September 2018, 15:49   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Feedback for use of Zoomcar last month.

Though I could not find any speed limiter; I ended up crossing 80 once, but I did not want to incur any fines. So I stuck to 80 otherwise and it was a pain on my return trip when all and sundry were overtaking me.

The 80 kph speed limit you are referring to is actually a speed governor. In case you were able to cross 80, it means that there was no speed governor on that Brezza. So the standard Zoomcar limit of 125kph would apply.
Old 11th September 2018, 16:12   #1481
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Members, need your guidance here. My son & his friends hired a Zoom Car vehicle in BLR for the day and paid Rs. 7000 in advance. When they returned the car all seemed well but they noted the employees seemed very junior and untrained. A few days later they received a notice in the mail for a further Rs. 4800 odd not stating what exactly it is for but warning of criminal & civil proceedings if not paid!. Normally I would assume any extra mileage would be collected at point of return and I though a normal invoice for balance due would not read like a legal notice. Any inputs if this is their normal style of operation. Thanks in advance.
Old 11th September 2018, 16:19   #1482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Dear Members, need your guidance here. My son & his friends hired a Zoom Car vehicle in BLR for the day and paid Rs. 7000 in advance. When they returned the car all seemed well but they noted the employees seemed very junior and untrained. A few days later they received a notice in the mail for a further Rs. 4800 odd not stating what exactly it is for but warning of criminal & civil proceedings if not paid!. Normally I would assume any extra mileage would be collected at point of return and I though a normal invoice for balance due would not read like a legal notice. Any inputs if this is their normal style of operation. Thanks in advance.
Wow, this is a first. Some things that come to mind:

1) Traffic violations booked by cops: speed/no-parking
2) Speed violations (tracked by Zoomcar)
3) Exterior damage
4) Interior cleaning (at most 500 I believe)
5) Extra mileage

Even then, the language seems unusual. I think an urgent engaging with Customer Care should help understand why. Zoomcar has the credit card on file so I'm even more surprised that they're making payment a big issue.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 16:32   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
In case needed, shoot an email to <CEO's_first_name>@zoomcar.com. He has always replied back to my emails in under 48 hours.
Old 11th September 2018, 16:50   #1484
BHPian

If I'm not mistaken, ZoomCar used to provide a fare breakup uptil now.

I was planning to book a ZoomCar from 13th Sept - 16th Sept. The cost was some Rs. 10k a few weeks ago, but now the cheapest car that is available is for Rs. 22k (A Ritz)! I can probably buy a used car and sell it within a week and incur less loss.

Has ZoomCar started inflating their costs or am I mistaken?

I also considered all other alternatives, one particular was coming out to be some 9k, but it had a speed limit of 80km/hr, else Rs. 1500 penalty. I think that's a but unfair. A speed limit of 110-120 seems reasonable but 80 for highways is not done.
Old 11th September 2018, 16:50   #1485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sounds a bit like a scam, this is popular in Italy where someone gets hold of the rental details and sends fake notices.

What exactly was the proposed payment mode and to whom for this Rs 4800?
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks