Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 08:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

With so many kids around, it was too damn risky to do this.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 09:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is crazy, a mild careless slip on the gas pedal could make many regret this for a very long time!

I hope money and common sense can co-exist
anachronix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 09:46   #18
BHPian

Looks like it was the parent filming this, the kid returned the key in the end to the person taking the video. Even if it is within a gated community, i wonder if other residents in the area have no objection to this.
Old 11th April 2013, 09:47   #19
BHPian

I blame auto trannies, but jokes aside this is beyond stupid and the kind of damage you are doing to a kids thinking curve is beyond repair. If I can drive a Ferrari at 10, I can probably fire a gun at 15.
eq24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 09:48   #20
Team-BHP Support

It looks like a private road, ie within the layout, so not sure if this can be prosecuted. However, that does not in any way belittle the risk involved.
Old 11th April 2013, 09:57   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It looks like a private road, ie within the layout, so not sure if this can be prosecuted. However, that does not in any way belittle the risk involved.
Well if something happened, yes, he can be prosecuted or his parents could be under the charge of diminished responsibility
Old 11th April 2013, 09:58   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
How can community roads be private? It does not belong to a single owner. Don't town planning permits ensure that the road is classified as public road? How else can individual houses get permits?

The cops should take suo moto action based on available videos. He is now a repeat offender.

I have no issues with below 18 drivers/riders, as long as it is in a closed track/environment.

Cheers
gthang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 10:21   #23
BHPian

Could not believe it, school going kids doing such risky things in on road. Though the roads looks deserted, parents should never allow their kids to perform such show offs. Imagine a situation in which a small accident happens and air bags get deployed.

A small question, they have sufficient money, then why not to take a race track and spend a day on track..?
Old 11th April 2013, 10:24   #24
BANNED

Dangerous and outright disgusting. Mods at least put a note on the post saying that under-age driving is dangerous.
sgiitk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 10:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Incredibly irresponsible and stupid father. Spread this video to your facebook, twitter etc. and potray it in a negative light
I hope he gets caught and punished : /.
Maky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 11:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Well if something happened, yes, he can be prosecuted or his parents could be under the charge of diminished responsibility
Charge of diminished responsibility? In India? Dream on! We have parents who kill their own kids and go scotfree. All you need is the right connections and a truck load of $$$.
Old 11th April 2013, 11:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
All you need is the right connections and a truck load of $$$.
It's pretty obvious that this particular father has both. Even if a slip of the has pedal occurs and there is loss of a couple of little lives, I doubt that anyone will go to prison.

Incidents like these are the ones which make me think whether it's worth living in this country. It could be my loved one who happens to be in the way of a slipped gas pedal. And at that point of time, I don't think it matters whether anyone goes to prison.

Crimes ought to be prevented. This is an opportunity for the authorities to prove that they can do just that. I sincerely hope some substantial action is taken by someone.

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 11th April 2013 at 11:15.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 11:23   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Charge of diminished responsibility? In India? Dream on! We have parents who kill their own kids and go scotfree. All you need is the right connections and a truck load of $$$.
I am merely quoting the law.

If the child was driving on a race track, under adult supervision, where no members of the public, third party property were at risk. That is a different matter.

This is sheer stupidity
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 11:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Dangerous and outright disgusting. Mods at least put a note on the post saying that under-age driving is dangerous.
+100. Not only dangerous but illegal actually.

It is one thing to have wealth and flaunt it, but it is another thing to allow kids to grow up with the feeling that laws do not apply to them. This is beyond imaginable actually and given any western nation, the parent(s) would be arrested for 1. putting the kids in danger 2. letting the kid violate a law. However in our good old country, most of us, specially the ones who have amassed a fortune think that any law can be violated (well it happens in other countries too but if they are caught they are prosecuted). These pathetic parents who actually do not deserve to be parents in the first place make their kids feel that these kind of stunts are all right and let the kids grow up into self important twerps becoming a carbon copy of their utterly irresponsible selves . No wonder our nation is in such a downward spiral, and yes, little things such as these do matter.
samarjitdhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 11:33   #30
BHPian

I can very well imagine the owner saying this :
"Yes I let my son drive our Ferrari and RR. O Yes and the government and society can go to hell" !!

This kid will definitely grow up to be one of those who will have no fear of the law and will drive around the city like he owns it.
He will grow up to have no regard for any one because he knows a couple of calls here and there and he is scot free.

The parents are setting a very very wrong example for (other parents who get carried away by such videos and would imitate them) & their own kid that breaking the law is no big deal my Son. Go ahead break some rules !

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks