Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 11:41   #31
BHPian

re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If the child was driving on a race track, under adult supervision, where no members of the public, third party property were at risk. That is a different matter.

This is sheer stupidity
I would completely agree.

Shobha City is not exactly private property, it is community property. And there are many kids on cycles, and a resident can come out of any of those villas anytime. A kid who cannot even properly see out of a Ferrari or Evoque is not a good driver, by any definition.

On a different note, isn't this age- bar on driving a century old restriction? We should test the driving skills and commitment to responsible driving rather than age alone?

I know of 16 year boy driving excellently and responsibly, while his 40 year mom, who has had a license and a car since her student days at the medical college, driving somewhat recklessly and getting messed up now and then, and his grandpa, a retired Joint Transport Commissioner, driving back home every evening after gulping down at least half a bottle.
Old 11th April 2013, 11:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Irresponsible and stupid parents.

Don't call this "driving". He operates it, yes. As a Chimpanzee or a bear in a circus can be trained to ride a motor cycle. Period.

Last edited by Gansan : 11th April 2013 at 12:05.
Gansan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 12:01   #33
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Controlled environment or otherwise, an 11 year old in a 400+ bhp supercar is a sure fire recipe for disaster.

I admire the kids skills though.
Old 11th April 2013, 12:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Very irresponsible letting a 10 year old drive such a powerful car. The kid shouldn't be driving anything more than a tri cycle or a peddle powered car!

Even in our society complex I often see parents give under aged children powerful cars/bikes!
The other day I saw a 10 year old girl driving an activa and mother is happily cheering her daughter as she drives around the complex
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 12:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Wow. This is a shocker of a video. The kid can barely see out of the car and hardly reach the pedals. One mistake and all the kids cheering around or looking are going to be the result of a fatality.

This is an insane video. And this is no poor locality. Its I assume by the looks of it an expensive gated colony where any one of us could be staying. I have 2 young children and the thought of something wrong happening here send shivers down my spine.

Please Please spread this video and make sure this does not happen.

What sheer audacity of the filming adult.
Old 11th April 2013, 12:40   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
In all aspects looks like India. I remember seeing a 10yr (or a child of the similar age) driving an Evoque in India. You can see the i20, Bolero and hear an Enfield?..

Its a Ferrari F430 Scuderia.
It is in Thrissur, Kerala. The car is F430 with just Scuderia stripes.
Old 11th April 2013, 12:47   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post

On a different note, isn't this age- bar on driving a century old restriction? We should test the driving skills and commitment to responsible driving rather than age alone?
I think the certain age here is not the issue. It is the deadly machine which is under operation and the environment in which it is being used.

If this father wants his kid to drive an F430 sure, but let them do it with no harm to others right?

I own a 300HP SUV, I have never even utilized all that power and I still wonder whether that itself is an unnecessary amount. The thing takes off in second and third gear like a rocket, and There's too much wheel spin in first hear if you're not gentle with the throttle.

I can't even imagine what kind of maturity and finesse it takes to drive that Ferrari.

How can someone so young be trusted with the lives of others with a RWD rear engined 400hp death machine ?

Furthermore How the hell are the residents even allowing this to happen ? IN my gated community the House Owners Association would have beheaded the responsible by now.
Old 11th April 2013, 13:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
I think the certain age here is not the issue. It is the deadly machine which is under operation and the environment in which it is being used.

If this father wants his kid to drive an F430 sure, but let them do it with no harm to others right?

How can someone so young be trusted with the lives of others with a RWD rear engined 400hp death machine ?

Furthermore How the hell are the residents even allowing this to happen ? IN my gated community the House Owners Association would have beheaded the responsible by now.
Letting such a young kid drive such a powerful car ANYWHERE is asking for trouble. If it is in a private space, he can still hurt himself, right?

Even though I learned to drive by the time I was, say 14, my father would not allow me take out even a scooter without me getting a license first. I used to keep my scooter which I secretly bought at a friend's home and ride it around.

And that community has only some of its villas occupied, perhaps many residents admire the boy, and many appreciate his father's rides.

I hear unverified chatter that a large tract of the land on which the project sits had been sold by the King guy to the builder. Just hearsay, I don't know for sure. So you know what I am saying here.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 13:07   #39
BHPian

+1. His dad may be thinking that his son is a genius. Not to mention that he is trying to show off to others (yes he is showing off - how little his brain is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

Don't call this "driving". He operates it, yes. As a Chimpanzee or a bear in a circus can be trained to ride a motor cycle. Period.
Jeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 13:11   #40
BANNED

Quote:
If it is in a private space, he can still hurt himself, right?
Exactly ! It's none of our business in that case, let them do whatever they wish.

I am afraid I do not understand your reference to "King" ?
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 13:25   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And that community has only some of its villas occupied, perhaps many residents admire the boy, and many appreciate his father's rides.
The Villas are largely vacant but the first apartment block is almost fully occupied and this does pose a threat to the residents there. My aunt was quite happy to report that there is a Ferrari (and a few other high end cars) in her complex, but I guess she should be extra careful while walking around there.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 13:49   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post

I am afraid I do not understand your reference to "King" ?
His company name starts with "King", he is known in certain friend circles as "King ...", so I said King guy. BTW, do not take things in a wrong way, he is a most affable & friendly chap, a total car nut, and contrary to the tone of some his FB posts mentioned here, he is not a boastful, brazen or irresponsible guy. He simply loves cars, and that is about it. But I'm afraid I'm now in the realm!
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 13:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Good God!!! 10-11 year old kids, in a Ferrari!!! And there are no parents around in the car?!!!

This is a sure fire recipe for disaster! Even if the child has great driving skills, what vb-san has said below is 100% true. Only a small mistake is what it'll take for the situation to go out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Even experienced folks need to be careful with something like a Ferrari. A split-second blip can create havoc.
Old 11th April 2013, 13:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Yeah,he's a 10 year old kid and he's driving a ferrari.So?Whats to bash the kid or his parents so much for?
If it is being done on a private road where no harm can be done to the public,whats wrong with it?Its his money,his cars so he can do whatever with it,who are we to comment on it?

I bet most of the members here,have learnt driving and have been driving way before the legal age,so if this kid is driving his dad's ferrari on a private road,whats the harm?
Definitely,he must be having some skill at the age of 10 that he has been handed over a F430 to drive.
It does burn many, because one did not have a ferrari to drive when he was 10.

Yes,it is a little unsafe and slightly risky.
But hats off to the kid's skill and courage.It does take a lot to tame the prancing horse.

Last edited by cityvic : 11th April 2013 at 14:08.
cityvic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 14:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The King kids driving the Ferrari F430. Gulp!

Mods: The video was shot in a private township road, so I guess that doesn't breach the forum rules. Please feel free to remove if it does.
Kids looks very composed and skillful, they are enjoying the drive and not trying to show off. But, atleast they should be accompanied by an adult when they embark on something of this kind.

PS:-Government rules are not funny. If they are stipulating a legal age to drive, that will be after careful diligence and case-studies.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks