Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 14:13   #91
BHPian

Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

This is nothing but plain stupidity of the parent! It might seem as something to be proud of, but it is just pure luck that no accident has happened. (Hope nothing like that happens.) Private township or not, it does not really matter! There are kids running around! I hope at least some residents there can fill the parent with some sense of responsibility!

Looking at his seating position, there's pretty big chance of something unfortunate happening.
Old 12th April 2013, 14:41   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
What if the auto mode fails for some reason? And what if the child without knowing pushes some button which shuts off the the auto mode?
If you were not following, I was not advocating the kid driving the car, but replying to the the post above in which it states that it requires some level of talent to drive a supercar.
Old 12th April 2013, 14:43   #93
BHPian

Not sure who uploaded this video on Youtube. The video has already gone viral and some day it may get noticed by cops. If its a violation of a law then the adult who were present during this non-sense act will surely get booked.

The parent might have done this for fun. But the whole episode has gone out of his hands now.

I am of the opinion that Team-BHP should take down this thread. No offense to the fellow member who started this thread..
Old 12th April 2013, 14:54   #94
Senior - BHPian

A comment from YouTube, if you think of it, he's right.
Attached Thumbnails
Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India-utub.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 16:43   #95
BHPian

The combination of the Ferrari & the 10 year old, according to me, isnt right. Though the car was slowed down at the speed-breaker, it isnt an indication of whether the child can or cannot handle the car very well. He shouldnt be doing this at all!

All activities shown in the video should have been done at a private track, and recording & uploading such stunts further encourage children to do stuff they shouldnt do. For bragging in front of his classmates, he 'may' want to do this again, when his parents are not around.

Bystanders seem to be dumbstruck as to what they were witnessing, and i strongly request the parents of the child not to encourage it again.

thank you.
Old 12th April 2013, 17:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
A comment from YouTube, if you think of it, he's right.
The Internet is full of cocky people who make snarky comments which receive cheering due to its shock value, doesn't mean we must sit here and try to make sense of it ; ).
Thumbs-Up that...
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 17:31   #97
Senior - BHPian

That young bloke has for sure graduated to the next level with this ferrari ride.

Earlier when he drove the RR he had an adult sitting behind him. But now he just has a guy of his age to cheer him up.

Even with experienced drivers driving such monster cars its not very safe to get too close to the car when the car is in use.

But these little kids totally unaware of the risk are filming the show off standing so close to the car.

Lastly the kid driver could not even push open the door properly while exiting the car. Imagine what would have happened if the vehicle had oversteered while taking that U turn along the road!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 12th April 2013 at 17:35.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 18:52   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
I would like to ask a few questions to all the members who have expressed their anger against the father letting the kid drive.

1. When did you first drive a car/bike? At what age?
2. Have you never broken any rule w.r.t motor vehicles?
3. How many times have you jumped a red signal at 2am in the morning assuming the road is free? You could have killed someone you know.
4. How many of you can keep a hand over your heart and say you have never driven a vehicle after consuming alcohol? Even one beer is accountable.

Last but not the least

How many of you follow lane discipline and speed limits?

Please think about the answers for the above questions before blaming someone for what they did.

Practice what you preach.

Peace out!
Mate you have to understand the context in which the anger is expressed. I practice safe driving but then again we are a minority so I wont get into that.
The anger is against blatant promotion of such activities. Even if you support this kids efforts, which are not that commendable anyway, they should not be promoted. I am sure he has a fancy phone on which this video is uploaded as well. Kids are very impressionable and other 10 year old kids or their parents can very well be deemed victims of this deed.
This is the reason why such acts are very strictly dealt with in any developed country.

And regarding F1 racing drivers starting early, they confine themselves to karting sessions as they are not above the law. Lewis Hamilton was issued a ticket for swerving lanes and reckless driving in suburban Melbourne despite having a full licence

Honestly, I havent even seen the video as I find this plain silly and illegal on the parents part and dont want to provide them with false encouragement for their actions.

I just wish for better cops
ra'ul M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 19:18   #99
Senior - BHPian

This is no RC car gaming!! It is a blatant display of irresponsibility and it is not a private compound, this sure is a gated community at the best. There is other traffic going around and can be dangerous for the kid and others on the road.
Obviously, there is neither respect nor fear for the law!
Old 12th April 2013, 19:20   #100
Senior - BHPian

^^Agree with the above. The context in which the anger is expressed is paramount here. It's their kid, their car, their (!) road and their property around. So what if the kid couldn't control the car? What if for some reason he panics and presses the gas instead of brake and crashes into something? What if the kid breaks a few bones and/or the car wrecks? Why do we have to bother?
Also watch this.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 12th April 2013 at 19:24.
Old 12th April 2013, 19:30   #101
BHPian

Well, the kid is living the dream of atleast 99% of the Indian population. I however think that his parents should think better and thus shouldn't let him drive unless he reaches a mature age. All it takes is one small mistake on his side.
Old 12th April 2013, 21:05   #102
BHPian

A fine example of how parents should NOT be behaving.

Clearly money does not buy you class or common sense.
Old 12th April 2013, 21:38   #103
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
This is no RC car gaming!! It is a blatant display of irresponsibility and it is not a private compound, this sure is a gated community at the best. There is other traffic going around and can be dangerous for the kid and others on the road.
Obviously, there is neither respect nor fear for the law
Even RC cars come with a warning that say not for children under 15 years.
This is indeed a irresponsible and i am surprised it hasn't yet got the attention of the law.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 22:23   #104
BHPian

My two sides of the same coin :

Side 1: The dad is so irresponsible and stupid to let his kid sit on the driver's seat with the key in the ignition. Disaster waiting to happen.

Side 2: That kid is one heck of a driver. Its amazing how his legs reach the accelerator and brake pedals. His poise while driving and the gentle feathering of the accelerator pedal makes me believe he should be in a Formula 1 car in 8 years time.
Old 12th April 2013, 22:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

IMO there are reasons for minimum age requirement for driving. Then there is law to monitor violations. Yeah money can bypass all that BUT praising a kid over his sports car handling skills, who cares if its a private road, is not right.

Its like me practicing drugs in my private farm house and still able to take care of all guests with great responsibility. I strongly condemn this act.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks