Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2013, 20:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

The King kids driving the Ferrari F430. Gulp!

Mods: The video was shot in a private township road, so I guess that doesn't breach the forum rules. Please feel free to remove if it does.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2013 at 06:54. Reason: All posts moved to existing thread.
Scorcher is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 20:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

Mods: The video was shot in a private township road, so I guess that doesn't breach the forum rules. Please feel free to remove if it does.
Crazy indeed. It's dangerous even on private roads. Need to warn my parents to watch out for this kids' Ferrari when they visit Sobha City next time.
Old 10th April 2013, 20:51   #3
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Looks like the kid drives better than his dad.
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 22:21   #4
BHPian

Quote:

That is just

OT: Man am I jealous of those kids

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2013 at 06:53. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 10th April 2013, 23:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Insane!!

Iv seen a video online of the same kid driving an evoque I guess.
Hats off to his skill.
Old 10th April 2013, 23:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

OMG !!!

This shows the importance of reviving the manual gearboxes !

Bring back the stick shifts

Last edited by karan561 : 10th April 2013 at 23:11.
karan561 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 23:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Crazy indeed. It's dangerous even on private roads. Need to warn my parents to watch out for this kids' Ferrari when they visit Sobha City next time.
Echoing his FB post, his money, his car, what do other's care ... what more to say..

The guy shooting the video is their father (i guess) and the lady seen in the initial part of the video (also video-graphing on her phone) is definitely their mother (she was my classmate). So its all under parental guidance, you can say.

Anyway, kids of this age driving is not new..atleast in Thrissur...but, the difference is that during our younger days, social media and mobile phones were not in existence and so there was no documented proof for all this, and more so, their parents were not so embarrassingly boastful about these stuff happening.

I'm a true blue Thrissurkaran and most of the 'young' (or middle-aged, I'm not sure after 30) generation of businessmen in Thrissur now, were my classmates at some point of time. I can vouch for the fact that each and everyone of them have started driving before they graduated from shorts to full length trousers. @ Foby Sebastain.... you must be aware.

And then when we talk about places like Guruvayur and Chavakkad..unless you drive, you never arrive on the social scene. For the elite class there (read : Gelf money), the boys are bought their first bike when in 8th standard and if at all they manage to pass the 10th (a big IF), a car is already on offer. Btw, the Fezza owners are also from there.

There are interesting stories too..Can't take names... but, the scion of the 'new' biggest jewellery group in Thrisur was once publicly reprimanded in my school assembly for driving his esteem on to the iron gate and smashing it..and at what age ? 11... he was reprimanded coz his parents were not supportive of this and brought this to the notice of the school. Also, while in the 11th, he was driving his Silver Merc on the highway past Salem, to Chennai and smashed it into the back of a Jeep that braked suddenly. No bodily harm to anyone, but monetary loss of around 8 Lacs incl Jeep repair.

Anyway, what I wanted to convey is that, the things these two kids are doing, are not unheard of, but the things their parents are doing, is definitely unheard of.... if anyone noticed that last part of the clip, he says, "Ithu njaan idaam" (translate : Now I will put this ). Some people seek cheap publicity.

Another interesting bit is that when Fezza's wife shared the pic of the sons driving the Evoque, someone commented. "what rubbish, the parents are to be blamed" .. I dont know if the comment is still there...

Edit : guys .. sorry for the long post and mostly off topic.

Last edited by autotranny : 10th April 2013 at 23:30.
autotranny is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 06:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:

Private township? The whole place owned by just one family? If the township is occupied, these people are putting lives everyone that lives there else in danger even if they dont care about the kids that are driving/seen hanging around there.

If this was in a developed country,the kids would be taken away from these parents.
Old 11th April 2013, 06:21   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post

Private township? The whole place owned by just one family? If the township is occupied, these people are putting lives everyone that lives there else in danger even if they dont care about the kids that are driving/seen hanging around there.

If this was in a developed country,the kids would be taken away from these parents.
However this is India, where the laws and rules are only for the poor and the middle classes. These sorts of characters will always go scot free on account of the money they have. Can money of this level buy breeding and class? Forget it!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 06:55   #10
BANNED

Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

Not sure whether this has been posted or discussed and I've been searching in the search bar but I haven't found any relevant post.

If it's Dubai/UAE forgive me but I am guessing it is india from the i20 I. He background and the seemingly Indian background characters.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ff7_1365610311

I'm curious to know, where is this, if in India?

Also, what is the model of this particular Ferrari ?

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2013 at 06:55. Reason: Original thread starter marker. Preceeding posts moved from existing thread.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 07:23   #11
BHPian

re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

In all aspects looks like India. I remember seeing a 10yr (or a child of the similar age) driving an Evoque in India. You can see the i20, Bolero and hear an Enfield?..

Its a Ferrari F430 Scuderia.
syedhafeez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 07:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

It is Sobha City, Thrissur, Kerala.

The details are here in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post3091348
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 07:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
In all aspects looks like India. I remember seeing a 10yr (or a child of the similar age) driving an Evoque in India. You can see the i20, Bolero and hear an Enfield?..

Its a Ferrari F430 Scuderia.
It is the same kid driving the evoque , but that was on a public road.

Not sure if its allowed to post the video here , if no Mods please feel free to remove it.

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 11th April 2013 at 07:44. Reason: adding video
Old 11th April 2013, 07:54   #14
BANNED

Isn't the father doing a not so smart thing by recording his son committing a crime ? Or does it not matter because they can get away with it anyway ?
Old 11th April 2013, 08:11   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Echoing his FB post, his money, his car, what do other's care ... what more to say..

Agree with your points. Even here, we maybe members who joined in before the legal age of driving. The positive with that is, those kids will get aware of the negatives of under-age driving, and turn up to be responsible drivers at real young age.

A few of us may have the experience of reversing and parking the good old Ambassador in our house compound. But unlike earlier days, the tools (read cars) these kids are playing with is extremely volatile. Even experienced folks need to be careful with something like a Ferrari. A split-second blip can create havoc. I am worried about all those senior citizens who do their routine evening walk in Shoba City.

Anyway, this is all about the aggression of money. Lack of education also helps their point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny
There are interesting stories too..Can't take names... but, the scion of the 'new' biggest jewellery group in Thrisur was once publicly reprimanded in my school assembly for driving his esteem on to the iron gate and smashing it..and at what age ? 11... he was reprimanded coz his parents were not supportive of this and brought this to the notice of the school. Also, while in the 11th, he was driving his Silver Merc on the highway past Salem, to Chennai and smashed it into the back of a Jeep that braked suddenly. No bodily harm to anyone, but monetary loss of around 8 Lacs incl Jeep repair.
I think I know them. The Silver number was my first experience in a Mercedes (as a passenger)
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed