Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2013, 23:59   #1
BHPian

Hit while crossing a road, rowdy confrontation

I had a bad experience when i was crossing a road in the city in front of a school. I crossed the median and i looked for vehicles coming from my left and spotting none, i walked and turned right and immediately saw 2 youth on a scooty coming uncontrollably fast towards me in the middle of the road from the opposite direction! And then bang! the scooty hits me, i landed hard on the ground. The scooty was doing above 40kmph. The riders fell too. I knew i had hurt my right leg. Just as i was about to get up, these two riders got up, lifted the vehicle and sped away still in the wrong direction! I shouted "You fools!" at them in Kannada.
Luckily the front tyre didn't hit me. The right side of the vehicle i.e. the portion of the scooty under the right indicator hit me.

Just as i was limping towards the footpath to sit on, another Suzuki Access with 2 well built goons come in the same wrong direction, stop behind me and the pillion rider pushed me rudely from behind and questions arrogantly "How dare you call him that? Do you know who we are?" Apparently, these goons were the friends of the scooty riders.
It was a crowded area with many pedestrians.
I immediately started shouting at the top of my voice in a bid to attract attention "How dare you hit me? Isn't it his fault? Why are you blaming me? huh?"
They were taken aback by my unexpected reaction and as many pedestrians started to gather, they sped away.

These rowdy gangs are none other than individual idiots coming along together. They are psychopaths who can bring together an entire mob/gang with a few phone calls in just minutes and create a scene.

One thing i learnt here was that people around you can be of a lot of help because without them, it would have been a different scene for me.
sharc_biker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 12:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Hit while crossing a road, rowdy confrontation

Glad you came out of the situation with the help of a crowd.

Hope your leg is fine?

Sorry cant help but post this..well built goondas on Scootys? And then the gang leaders on an Access? Guess the economic dowturn has hit them too
revintup is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 12:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

While driving/riding in India, I am sure you must have come across vehicles coming from the opposite (wrong) direction in your lane.

I would stick to the kindergarten advise. See to your left, then to your right, again to your left (you may skip the repeat) & cross the road.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 12:54   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharc_biker View Post
I crossed the median and i looked for vehicles coming from my left and spotting none, i walked and turned right and immediately saw 2 youth on a scooty coming uncontrollably fast towards me in the middle of the road from the opposite direction!
Not disagreeing with the fact that the scooty guys were at fault, but I find it bordering on the side of amusement that you didn't even check both sides before crossing! And lol at the "psychopaths" stereo-typing.

And if I understand correctly, it happened twice, with both the scooty & activa guys catching you unaware! Hope nothing serious on the leg front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I would stick to the kindergarten advise. See to your left, then to your right, again to your left (you may skip the repeat) & cross the road.
+100

Perfectly sane advice. Guess a lot of us tend to (increasingly) ignore such basic golden rules.

Quote:
Sorry cant help but post this..well built goondas on Scootys? And then the gang leaders on an Access? Guess the economic dowturn has hit them too

Last edited by ninjatalli : 20th April 2013 at 12:56.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 13:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Not disagreeing with the fact that the scooty guys were at fault, but I find it bordering on the side of amusement that you didn't even check both sides before crossing! And lol at the "psychopaths" stereo-typing.

And if I understand correctly, it happened twice, with both the scooty & activa guys catching you unaware! Hope nothing serious on the leg front!
Yes. The mistake i did was i looked to my right after taking a step and it was too late

And the second time when the goons came on the Access, i was almost near the footpath and they came behind me and stopped. I was concentrating on reaching the footpath.
Unfortunately i can say 'lightning struck twice'.

And i just have muscle pain in my right thigh and my knee hurts a bit.
I sat flat on the road. So no scrapes either.
Old 20th April 2013, 15:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that you came out of it all well. You know what; nowadays the general attitude of majority of the people on the road is that whenever they do anything wrong (in this case, the scooty guys), there is no remorse or feeling of any wrongdoing. They all start picking up a fight with you irrespective of whether they were wrong or right; and the situation goes from bad to worse in no time. That's why these days it is better not to pick up a fight with someone. You were lucky that there were many people gathered around you. Police are hopeless so its best not to expect any help from them.
Old 20th April 2013, 18:18   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know that you are recovering. I was injured in a freak accident 11 days ago. I was going to the railway station in an auto and was holding the rod in front of me while sitting on the left side.

Although, no part of my left hand was outside the auto, but still a cool dude on bike managed to hit me hard, real hard on my elbow before dashing hard in the auto. He fell too. About me, in turn I sustained injuries in my elbow, fore-arm (radius & ulna both) and wrist. As I had to undertake a 2 day journey (necessary), I went on.

I did not feel too much pain at the time of the accident but after about half an hour, I had a swollen elbow, wrist & forearm. It started paining like hell and I could not help it. I was not able to move my hand by next hour. After reaching my destination, I saw a doc, he confirmed that it isn't a fracture, crepe bandaged it. gave some painkillers & tabs for inflammation.

It took me 10 days to move my hand (sipunation & pronation), still under medication, but still with pain. Have lost strength in my left hand due to broken tissues which will take some time to build up. Man, I tell you , bone injuries take a lot of time to heal. It pains even now while moving and at the max, I can lift a 200-250 gms with that hand! Bad.

Last edited by saket77 : 20th April 2013 at 18:19.
Old 20th April 2013, 23:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I did not feel too much pain at the time of the accident but after about half an hour, I had a swollen elbow, wrist & forearm. It started paining like hell and I could not help it.
Man, I tell you , bone injuries take a lot of time to heal. It pains even now while moving and at the max, I can lift a 200-250 gms with that hand! Bad.
Sad to hear about your incident saket77.
When there is an accident or when the human body experiences considerable damage, the nervous system cuts down the pain signals sent to the brain and hence one does not feel it immediately.
The pain develops slowly and can be excruciating later on.
Hope you get well soon.
sharc_biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2013, 23:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
immediately saw 2 youth on a scooty coming uncontrollably fast towards me in the middle of the road from the opposite direction!
This is an old and constant nuisance on bangalore roads. The scooty acrobats.
I can bet that they wouldn't be wearing helmets too and pretending they are riding a Hayabusa and not a scooty.
Old 20th April 2013, 23:57   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
This is an old and constant nuisance on bangalore roads. The scooty acrobats.
I can bet that they wouldn't be wearing helmets too and pretending they are riding a Hayabusa and not a scooty.
Both the scooty and the Access riders were not wearing helmets.

The area in which it happened has a lot of college students including college girls who these cheap maniacs try to impress on their vehicles. Badly modified screaming Yamaha RXs, Royal Enfields being driven as if they were mountain bikes is a common sight here. Few months back, i saw a guy injure himself badly after he tried to pop a wheelie on an RE Electra! His chin was bleeding profusely. Obviously, no helmet either.
Old 21st April 2013, 00:05   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sad to hear about your incident saket77.
When there is an accident or when the human body experiences considerable damage, the nervous system cuts down the pain signals sent to the brain and hence one does not feel it immediately.
The pain develops slowly and can be excruciating later on.
Hope you get well soon.
Thanks Sharc_biker for your kind wishes. Yup, you are right with your logic. I did not feel much pain at the time of accident and thought that I should be okay in some time, like normal injuries. But today (after 12 days of accident) was the first time I could sipunate/ pronate but with pain. However, my elbow has healed and now I can straighten my arm since last 2 days. I just wish that I build up some strength in the affected hand.
But thanks a lot again!

Last edited by saket77 : 21st April 2013 at 00:06.
Old 21st April 2013, 09:42   #12
BHPian

Glad to know that you got away with slightest of the injuries. Getting struck, falling down, hitting your head on the road or pavement can be life threatening.
Quote:
These rowdy gangs are none other than individual idiots coming along together. They are psychopaths who can bring together an entire mob/gang with a few phone calls in just minutes and create a scene.
I think you classifying them as psychopaths or rowdy gang is not entirely correct unless there is some more information which is not contained in your opening post.

If they can bring together a mob/gang, so can you with a few phone calls to create a scene.
Old 21st April 2013, 15:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Glad to know that you got away with slightest of the injuries. Getting struck, falling down, hitting your head on the road or pavement can be life threatening.

I think you classifying them as psychopaths or rowdy gang is not entirely correct unless there is some more information which is not contained in your opening post.

If they can bring together a mob/gang, so can you with a few phone calls to create a scene.
Thank you for your concern hyd_traveller, luckily i did not hit my head anywhere. I sat flat on the road.

The people in the Access come and rudely push me and ask "How dare u call him that? Do you know who we are?"

First of all, the attitude of those people show how crude they are.
Secondly, they ask me "do you know who we are?" with an air of authority as if they rule the place.
Thirdly, the area in which this happened is notoriously known for rowdyism in Mysore.

Finally, though i too can gather a crowd full of people who care about me i.e. my friends, associates, family and relatives, these people can gather well fed goondas who like to up the heat and are itching to start a fistfight on the spot.

So if the scene had gotten any worse, the only people i would have called were the cops.
These so called goondas run helter skelter even when they see a traffic cop.

There is a new industry coming up in this area.The rowdyism industry:
Rich students who join the pre university(11th and 12th) and degree colleges in this area have a lot of issues. But when they need to assemble a mob/gang, they do not personally know goondas.
These goons over here offer rollcall packages to them!
U pay a goon Rs.5000 and whenever you are in trouble or just want to prove yourself and want a gang behind you, you give a call and they come in a pack for you. Each time they come, you pay them a few hundred bucks extra. This 'subscription' is valid for a year!
With almost 10,000 students studying in this area, it is a highly lucrative business for these goons.
Old 21st April 2013, 18:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rich students who join the pre university(11th and 12th) and degree colleges in this area have a lot of issues. But when they need to assemble a mob/gang, they do not personally know goondas.
U pay a goon Rs.5000 and whenever you are in trouble or just want to prove yourself and want a gang behind you, you give a call and they come in a pack for you. Each time they come, you pay them a few hundred bucks extra. This 'subscription' is valid for a year!
With almost 10,000 students studying in this area, it is a highly lucrative business for these goons.
Lol!!! So now only thing left is for the goondas to form a company and put up a website advertising their services and rates. Some how I am not surprised at this organised mafia in India, considering how our government machinery is functioning today.
I guess the common man has to consider all other people as influential/goonda types/politican's spawn and not react to their idioticities to be safe here.
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:

The Goons on hire is everywhere , when I was in college the guys from some notorious areas used to think that they are the kings of the college. They make a quick buck to settle 'Lafdaa" between college kids.

It would have been great if you had noted down the Vehicle number , these goons are terrified of the cops, once they get their name in the police register they are done for , they get picked up for every other thing.

MP

Last edited by motorpsycho : 22nd April 2013 at 19:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks