Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 20:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3 Children enter an unlocked car at Global Gallerie Stockyard: Die from suffocati

Heat suffocation can be pretty quick, especially if the car was standing in the blistering summer sun when the kids entered it and got locked in:

http://www.essortment.com/heat-suffo...car-15619.html

Sad to see innocent kids lose their lives this way.
mooza is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 20:24   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3 Children enter an unlocked car at Global Gallerie Stockyard: Die from suffocati

It is indeed a very sad incident. The law will need to take action against the parents of the children who are primarily responsible for the custody of their children. Tiny tots need to be under constant parental care/ or under the care of the guardian.

Of course, the owner of the yard cannot be absolved of his responsibilities of assuring safety within his parking yard. He should have had watchmen to aid in preventing the entry of the children, into his private property. One cannot own a property and allow anyone to trespass into it and moreover when those persons who are coming are kids, who are ignorant of these facts and are allowed unguarded entry.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 26th April 2013 at 20:26.
Old 27th April 2013, 09:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Sad news again apart from other 2 threads about the Civic & Vento catching fire. RIP.

After going through all this, last evening I was discussing with my wife that why I will store a hammer in the car, though the doors of our car can be opened from inside anytime, but just not to take any chance. I gave her some tips to break the glasses like front & rear windshields.

Earlier, it was a big put-off for her...bluntly she told me that she doesn't want to talk about these things but I made her read the unfortunate civic thread. After reading, she said that we should keep a pair of scissors too. Glad that she understood the underlying problem.
OT: Be very careful in placing heavy objects (hammer) or sharp objects (sissors), unsecured in a car. In case of accidents these objects have proved to be dangerous projectiles and killed/maimed occupants. Especially if stored in the boot of a SUV/Hatchback. Likewise on the dashboard or below the seats. Any object inside the passenger cabin should be firmly secured. Cheers.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 10:16   #34
Team-BHP Support

What a sad sad story... As a father of two kids, I will put the entire blame on the parents. I often wonder when I see parents who leave their 3-7 aged kids completely unsupervised on streets. Slowly, we are becoming like developed countries, a victim culture where it is always other guy's fault.

Some of you are wondering why the yard owner is arrested. Welcome to India, this is how Indian police react to any tragedy or crime that happens in a company. They arrest the head of the firm before doing anything else. I know many such cases, and as the head of a firm myself, it is always lingering in the back of my mind.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 10:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Shocking and Extremely heart Breaking. The mere thought of the poor little kids suffocating in such a shocking manner gives me shivers. I am a parent and have 2 young kids.

The parents are to blame entirely.

The yard owner is not at fault. But thats India. I am sure he has already greased a few palms even though its not his fault.

I see kids everyday inches from traffic playing on main roads. Parents ( shopkeepers / cart vendors etc ) are completely ignorant of this fact that every second out there is a life threatening risk.

There are hundreds of these accidents every single day. Not even 1% make it to the news.

We are a strange country and sadly there is no value for human life here. I am part of this country and all I can do is shake my head in disbelief and try to teach some sense into whosoever I can but it sadly falls onto deaf ears.

May the little kids souls RIP. Very Sad.
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 15:36   #36
BHPian

Re: 3 Kids enter an unlocked car at a Stockyard, Die from suffocation!

Shocking and unbelievable incident indeed. I dont think the godown owner can be at fault for this accident!

However the children were smart enough to spot an unlocked car and get inside it by opening the door and they couldnt open it from inside!! Moreover they could have atleast sounded the horn, my nephew of the same age keeps pressing the horn unnecessarily ( most modern cars doesnt need a key for the horn to operate). Something doesnt look in place to me.
Old 28th April 2013, 16:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Ohh. Very very sad incident indeed. RIP to the little ones. What unnecessary grief to the parents, although I squarely blame them.
I recall a couple of more incidents where an owner locked his Labrador in his car and forgot to release it. Met with the same fate.
Old 28th April 2013, 16:06   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Ohh. Very very sad incident indeed. RIP to the little ones. What unnecessary grief to the parents, although I squarely blame them.
I recall a couple of more incidents where an owner locked his Labrador in his car and forgot to release it. Met with the same fate.
Oh thats terrible. Poor dog.

When taking dogs out in the car always leave the windows at least a quarter open so that fresh air circulates...
Old 29th April 2013, 15:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Oh thats terrible. Poor dog.

When taking dogs out in the car always leave the windows at least a quarter open so that fresh air circulates...
What if the dog jumps out in that gap ?

Whether it is dogs or humans, the best way is to develop/bring them up in a way that they understand the risks and are always in touch with the parents. The moment parents lose contact with children or pets for that matter, all sorts of things can happen.
Old 29th April 2013, 15:56   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

What if the dog jumps out in that gap ?

Whether it is dogs or humans, the best way is to develop/bring them up in a way that they understand the risks and are always in touch with the parents. The moment parents lose contact with children or pets for that matter, all sorts of things can happen.
Completely OT:
A well trained dog, in my experience sits and waits patiently for his master to return.
If the window is rolled down at least 6 inches, it allows the poor animal to have access to fresh clean air. Of course, depends on where the vehicle is parked.
And anyway it is not recommended that a pet is left for longer than 30-45 minutes in a situation like this. It is also a good idea to leave a bowl of fresh water for the poor chap to drink from.
Old 29th April 2013, 17:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Completely OT:
A well trained dog, in my experience sits and waits patiently for his master to return.
If the window is rolled down at least 6 inches, it allows the poor animal to have access to fresh clean air. Of course, depends on where the vehicle is parked.
And anyway it is not recommended that a pet is left for longer than 30-45 minutes in a situation like this. It is also a good idea to leave a bowl of fresh water for the poor chap to drink from.
Shankar, no disrespect for your love of pets, I too am an animal lover, in case you haven't noticed. But I would never leave my dog or bird for more than 3 to 5 mins in a car unattended,.with kids, it is less than that or never. I sure don't get that busy while traveling, if I think I do, I will not take my pets, its that simple.

Let's not talk about that, this is about kids very young and their parents ignorance has ended their lives, so very very sad.
Old 29th April 2013, 21:25   #42
BHPian

May God grant these poor little innocent souls Eternal Peace!
However hard hearted it may sound , it is the parents of the kids who ought to take the blame for this sad happening. Arresting a person who was incharge of the godown makes no sense nor is it fair to blame the owner of the property about not having a proper compound wall to prevent the kids from tresspassing.
We should use this as an example to teach our kids not to trespass on somebody else's property , not to play with someone else's property and above all to be aware of basic safety. It will also help if we teach them how to call for help or attract the attention of passersby.What a terrible waste of life.
Regards,
Ashok
Old 29th April 2013, 22:13   #43
BHPian

My heartfelt condolences to the families of those kids.

Quite possible that after entering in the car, one of the kid accidently or curiously locked the driver's door lock which automatically locked all the other doors and later, in an attempt to get out of the car the kids might be pulling the door handle correctly but they couldn't figure out how to unlock the door by pulling up the lock. Shocking incident.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 22:30   #44
BHPian

Childish prank gone awry!

A very very sad incident. My heart goes towards the family. May God give them strength to bear this loss
Old 30th April 2013, 00:17   #45
BHPian

Leaving small children outdoors without supervision for hours is unpardonable on part of the irresponsible parents. The police are obviously trying to extract money from the yard owner by falsely implicating him. But the irresponsible parents trying to convert their misfortune into monetary gains by blaming the yard owner is even more shameful.

Quintessential India!
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks