Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 11:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Morons on the road affecting your car purchase decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayrec View Post
How easy is this calculation in India?
This is a tough nut to crack. There are various factors at play here.
  • Ones driving ability and experience on what places/roads to avoid.
  • The size of the car, or more importantly is the driver comfortable with the size of the car. Does he/she.
  • The behavior of other road users, this can change from area-to-area within the same city.
I have highlighted Experience, by this i do not mean to demean anyone. I could be a very experienced driver in Bangalore but driving in Delhi may give me problems as i am not aware of roads/curves/signals and behavior of other road users.

So to crack the "How expensive it would be to maintain" question. One needs experience. In my experience of Driving a Japnese car in Bangalore for last 10 years has been that i end up spending about 30-50K per year in maintenance. I divide this maintenance in two categories. One which is absolute necessary and needs to be done regularly/immediately, and other which could be delayed (Denting/Painting would be part of this).

Now this experience will change if i choose to buy a German car (as an example), or change the city. The new car which i bought over a year back, i am expecting it would follow similar pattern. For forst 3-5 years the maintenance would be somewhere in the range of 10-15K per year. Thereafter it can bump to about 30-50K per year, but i am aware that there is a potential for me to be surprised as maintaining a Civic would ba more expensive as compared to Baleno.

Hopefully i have given some pointers in you gauging how expensive it would be to maintain your new ride, but be aware that these can sometimes surprise you.

Apart from this, there is one more which i forgot mentioning. My past experience with Japnese cars make me more comfortable with them as i am more closer to the reality in terms of maintenance expenses. If i choose to buy a German/American car it would be new learning for me for the first five years or so.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks