Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 14:51   #1
BHPian

Vishal Shah, A life cut short (Hit & Run Victim)

Hello Guys,

Vishal Shah was a guy who would have celebrated his 26th Birthday on Monday the 22nd. Had it not been for a ruthless driver, who hit him and fled away.

On the wee hours of 21st (4.30am) he and a friend were on the Bandra Reclaimation. They had a flat tire, hence his friend was changing the tire, while vishal stood their waiting. Suddenly a car came from behind, hit vishal so hard, he was thrown away 25ft. The driver, did not bother to even stop, he fled.
His friend, contacted the police helpline and rushed him to Bhaba Hospital, but sadly he was declared dead.

The family is a severe state of shock.

We request all the TeamBhpian in Mumbai to help and spread the word. Also look out for any info available. It will really be of great help.

Justice needs to be served.

Please spread the word and help us find the inhumane person.
You can check the FB page and share it too

https://www.facebook.com/VishalShahALifeCutShort
Old 24th July 2013, 15:07   #2
BHPian

re: Vishal Shah, A life cut short (Hit & Run Victim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbochrgd View Post

help us find the inhumane person.
Very sad! My condolences to the family!

Any chance there is any information / description of the car?
Old 24th July 2013, 15:13   #3
BHPian

Sadly, his friend was busy informing the authorities and taking him to the hospital. Also this happend at around 4.30am, hence dark. So he could not record any details of the vehicle. All he recollects that it was a dark color vehicle.

Due to this we need the people to help.

Last edited by turbochrgd : 24th July 2013 at 15:14.
Old 24th July 2013, 15:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

That's really unfortunate. My condolences.

The news articles state that CCTV footage might be available. Also based on exact time of the incident, toll-booth CCTV cameras can be examined.

A plea to anyone who faces car problems in the middle of the road:
  • Put your hazard lights on.
  • Ideally, pull your car over to the shoulder. Do NOT stop in the traffic lanes, even if your car is reluctant to move, force it over to the side of the road on its own power (avoid getting out and pushing).
  • If your car doesn't move and conditions are poor (night time, rain, stopped on a blind corner, etc) it is better to abandon it for the time-being, rather than standing near it.
  • Do NOT unbuckle your seat-belts or get out of the car until the coast is clear.
  • If your car has a reflective safety triangle, place it on the road at least 50-70m behind the car. Place it FARRR back so approaching drivers get fair warning. Don't underestimate the amount of distance a fast approaching car covers in just a second!

A plea to anyone who gets involved in an accident:
  • Stop and help. Not only might it save a life, it will save you trouble later on.

Vishal Shah, A life cut short (Hit & Run Victim)-994551_627817877236063_1108351192_n.jpg

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th July 2013 at 15:40.
Old 24th July 2013, 16:13   #5
Team-BHP Support

I would actually recommend driving on (slowly) if one has a flat tyre late in the night. There are too many risks (Eg: robbery, harassment from cops looking for extra income etc) involved in changing tyres.

Maximum loss if one continues to drive on a flat tyre is Rs. 4,000 (cost of the tyre).

Most cars now have tubeless tyres and they will have some air left even after a puncture. Good enough for a safe (but slow) trip home.
Old 24th July 2013, 16:34   #6
BHPian

Very sad. I hope the culprit is caught and punished suitably.

May God give the family the fortitude to deal with this loss.

RIP Vishal.
Old 25th July 2013, 12:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Many hit and run incidents - one among which has been in the news lately. Mr Salman Khan is now being brought back to court for what he did a decade back. Justice should prevail.

It's a moral responsibility of the driver to stop and assess the damage that he has done after hitting someone/something. How can one leave a life in distress knowing the injury/pain that has been caused to them is solely because of their irresponsible driving?

I hope the CCTV capture has got enough proof to apprehend the rash driver and bring him to justice.

May the departed soul rest in peace.
Old 26th July 2013, 15:07   #8
BHPian

They have yet not got the CCTV footage.
All they have is some shattered bits of the glass of a Side view mirror.

Was present at the condolence meeting yesterday, it was a difficult sight to see. His mother is still in a state of shock.

Always i was told, the driver stopped after hitting him, for 5 secs and then zoomed away.
Old 26th July 2013, 15:12   #9
Team-BHP Support

RIP.
My condolences to the family.

Reminds me of a time I dumped my bike in a huge pothole on the middle of a highway. Late at night and raining very heavy.

First thing we did was push the bike to the corner of the road and suddenly my friend put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer.
A bus flew past less than a feet from where I was standing.

Never stand on a dark road. Always make it a point to get as far away as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks