Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 12:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post

Would recommend going through the entire post before commenting. A pic of this Conti was posted on the thread, spotted at SNDT. It does not belong to a Bhpian.
Ooops, sorry, mobile app mode, not as fluid as the PC website. Moreover saw "BANNED", and modified conti title. So misjudged. Should have gone through the entire thread.
Old 25th July 2013, 13:09   #17
BHPian

re: Mumbai man deliberately drives over a dog, twice. Update: Driver's story on pg.2

If you go through the comments on FB, the man went to the cops himself. Apparently his 'friend' claims that the dog was blind and came under the wheel again by it's own lack of judgement. What I fail to understand is where was the driver's judgement. Why did he not ask for help if the dog was stuck and on top of that why did he have to reverse?
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 13:09   #18
BHPian

re: Mumbai man deliberately drives over a dog, twice. Update: Driver's story on pg.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
May be the driver frequents that place. This could be a good clue for the police.

Based on the earlier post, the police have the details of the alleged culprit.

Last edited by sa_kiran : 25th July 2013 at 13:11.
Old 25th July 2013, 16:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
If you go through the comments on FB, the man went to the cops himself. Apparently his 'friend' claims that the dog was blind and came under the wheel again by it's own lack of judgement. What I fail to understand is where was the driver's judgement. Why did he not ask for help if the dog was stuck and on top of that why did he have to reverse?
What Facebook post? Can you share a link?

TBHP never ceases to amaze me. Barely a day after I posted this we already have a lead.

Lets just hope the driver is punished if he is guilty.
Old 25th July 2013, 16:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is in one of the comments from the person whose post on FB has gone viral.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6997797&type=1

You'll find this in one of the comments somewhere:

Quote:
Don't ask me how, but I ended up speaking to the owner of the car, over the phone. It takes a real man to admit what he did. The guy admitted that it was him, and he also told me his story. He is an animal lover himself, and feels very disturbed by what happened. Please don't always believe the media - sometimes they just want to sell their papers.

Here's the story: This guy stopped at a cigarette shop to buy a smoke in the heavy rain. When he got back into his stationary car, he took some time to put on his seatbelt and start up the car. As he moved the car forward, he felt a hard bump and the tyres locked. He thought that he had moved the car into a ditch and got out again to see if there was any damage. He was horrified to see that he had run over and killed a dog.

The dog had taken shelter under his car as strays generally do in the rain. The guy hadn't seen this. There were many people at the cigarette shop watching this, but not a single person rushed to his car to warn him that there was a dog about to get under his car tyre. The cigarette shop owner saw what happened, and can back-up this guy's story. If anything, the people nearby should have stopped him.

As I said, it takes a real man to admit what he's done. THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT. DON'T ALWAYS BELIEVE SENSATIONAL MEDIA STORIES.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th July 2013 at 14:07. Reason: Adding direct link to FB comment thread.
amitoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 17:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
https://www.facebook.com/Zephyrthedog

I'll go with the driver's story. Any Tom, Dick and Harry has more credibility than the media in our country. But, I'm surprised that he did not notice the dog and ran over it again.
sa_kiran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 17:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
https://www.facebook.com/Zephyrthedog

Precisely the reason why I avoid bashing without knowing. Media cannot be blindly trusted.
ahmad.007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed