Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 15:54   #16
BHPian

Re: The Great Indian Monsoon, 2013: Aftermath in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
I would like to correct you a bit or say throw some light on the road conditions in the neighboring state, i.e Maharashtra: Whenever i cross the MH border and enter KA, the road transforms itself into a autobahn. Here we pay Toll for every 21 Kms travelled ranging from Rs 20 to 80, for the so called four laning & six laning. Its a absolute party for these road development officials here in MH. I found Karnataka government much better at least in terms of infrastructure. This is just my opinion though
Couldn't agree with you more !
When driving to Shirdi from B'lore just last week, the quality of roads in Karnataka are truly exceptional, this coming from a person who is very critical about the current government in karnataka. When we entered Maharashtra, things were a lot worse in terms of everything and a big city like Pune not having a bypass (towards Ahmadnagar) is not acceptable.

Having said that, the roads within Bangalore city are rubbish along with rubbish strewn all over the place. The main issue here is the lack of co ordination between the various civic agencies and the results of which we are seeing in pics posted in this thread.

I remember reading an article wherein BBMP built the " first pothole free road " by using Concrete and not asphalt. But unfortunately, that road is just in front of Vikas Soudha, an area frequented by just *fools*, not citizens.
Old 27th August 2013, 06:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Good news for people travelling on Banasawadi main road.
The stretch from ITC Infotech to the Indian Oil flyover was relaid few weeks back. But the bad stretch was the opposite direction and that was being re-laid this morning and was almost done till the water board bulding.
This road was in the same state for a long time, more than a year easily and got worse over last few months.
I noticed patch work being done on Whitefield main road as well from Phoenix mall to the KR Puram bridge side road .
Only wish they do something about the ring road flyover now from KR Puram to Ramurthynagar signal.

Regards
Old 27th August 2013, 18:42   #18
BHPian

Huge valley of silicon in the middle of the road 1.5 kms from ITPL in the Silicon Valley of India; public transport buses wobble as if they would topple; and cars just don't go near this Martian crater

Location: At the Rajpalya bus stop, on the way from ITPL to KR Puram.

Has been like this for over 15 days.
Attached Thumbnails
The Great Indian Monsoon, 2013: Aftermath in Bangalore-pothole.jpg  

Old 29th August 2013, 05:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Huge valley of silicon in the middle of the road 1.5 kms from ITPL in the Silicon Valley of India; public transport buses wobble as if they would topple; and cars just don't go near this Martian crater

Location: At the Rajpalya bus stop, on the way from ITPL to KR Puram.

Has been like this for over 15 days.
This was a huge pit which was dug last week for some work. It was almost like a well,ten feet deep.
Before that, this part of the road was just stone and rubble and now it has this crater too.
Regards
Old 19th October 2013, 18:03   #20
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Just to let everyone, the MP - Lok Sabha for this constituency has started his campaign for next polls as a result of which he had a meeting with the residents of this area today morning. The crowd included people from Ajmera, Concord, Genesis and various our societies and areas around. One of the prime demands of the residents here was correction of drainage which is the root cause of poor road infrastructure and then the roads be laid. Rare, but the MP came across as a very confident person with a good and proven track record. He has promised that most of the issues will be rectified, drainage being first!

The wait begins...

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2014, 12:48   #21
BHPian

reviving an old thread..

Neeladri Road in Electronic city Phase 1 is still in a pathetic condition. It is more suitable for Dakar rally than normal Motorists. The road resembles a lunar surface and there is a dust storm whenever any heavy vehicle passes by. It is a Death trap .

Despite repeated requests, authorities have turned a blind eye. So the residents around this stretch are organizing a Dharna (no road no vote) tomorrow.

Sad state of indian political affairs
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 13:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
reviving an old thread..

Neeladri Road in Electronic city Phase 1 is still in a pathetic condition. It is more suitable for Dakar rally than normal Motorists. The road resembles a lunar surface and there is a dust storm whenever any heavy vehicle passes by. It is a Death trap .

Despite repeated requests, authorities have turned a blind eye. So the residents around this stretch are organizing a Dharna (no road no vote) tomorrow.

Sad state of indian political affairs
Off track - Electronic city is a sweet-spot for the RTO to catch outstation vehicles. Perhaps the next time the RTO catches someone, the driver can say - "Saar, Okay to pay road tax, but where is the road? "
Old 8th June 2014, 11:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Neeladri Road in Electronic city Phase 1 is still in a pathetic condition. It is more suitable for Dakar rally than normal Motorists. The road resembles a lunar surface and there is a dust storm whenever any heavy vehicle passes by. It is a Death trap. Despite repeated requests, authorities have turned a blind eye. So the residents around this stretch are organizing a Dharna (no road no vote) tomorrow.
This road has been in a sorry state for the past year or so.
The size of the potholes have to be seen to be believed !
A week back saw some road work going on with filling up of some of the larger potholes.
Learned today from a TV show ( Citizen Journalist show on CNN-IBN ) that the road-works were actually taken up by the residents & not the authorities !
The constant traffic of construction infrastructure & trucks do not help either.
Surprising to see the apathetic attitude of the authorities here despite several large tenements & the presence of a large Wipro campus.
Old 8th June 2014, 15:51   #24
BHPian

this entire stretch, right after Sevenska Hotel, until the end of Uniworld Resorts, is in a mess - a big mess. Its a non-existent road with martian surface. God knows, what would it take for the authorities to realize the utter neglect this area has been facing ofr more than a year....
Old 25th June 2014, 18:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

I see some repair work happening on this stretch, hope they do something in another couple of weeks.
Old 20th November 2014, 11:26   #26
BHPian

Hi all,

Finally - the good news has come.

The road has been repaired last night. Only 10% work remains, with the road being tarred and butter smooth now. I will post the pictures very soon.

There was a lot of effort required from local apartment societies to persuade the local authorities to get this done. BJP MP supported a lot and helped in expediting the repair work.

However, what needs to seen now is, how long does the road last. But till then, the suspension of my car gives a heartfelt bow to all the parties associated with this repair.

Cheers!
raveesh_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 11:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:

The no road no vote campaign did not affect any of the authorities, though it brought it to notice of ELCIA. After that it was a long battle fought between the MPs, ELCIA, gram panchayat, builder and residents. Finally it was the BJP MP who took everything in his hand and expedited the clearance to repair the road. The no road no vote campaign was done sometime in April 2014 and the road got repaired yesterday i.e. 20th Nov 2014. So the whole process took a sweet 6-7 months time. Though its a lot of time, we the residents and commuters of that road feel that we were plain lucky to have this road repaired. The way how it was before April, no one was interested in this road because it was out of the limits of BDA/BBMP and ELCIA. It was a no mans land basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
this entire stretch, right after Sevenska Hotel, until the end of Uniworld Resorts, is in a mess - a big mess. Its a non-existent road with martian surface. God knows, what would it take for the authorities to realize the utter neglect this area has been facing ofr more than a year....
Try taking the road now, you will be surprised to see what the authorities can actually do if they have the will to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I see some repair work happening on this stretch, hope they do something in another couple of weeks.
The repair that you are talking about was done by Ajmera Builder alone on request by the residents of Ajmera Infinity, Electronic City. Though the quality of repair was good enough to last for 3 months but unfortunately there was a massive downpour in weeks to follow that reduced the lifespan of the road to a month.

Anyhow all that is history, the road is done up and you will enjoy driving on it. Will post pictures soon as mentioned in my last post!

Cheers!
Old 20th November 2014, 13:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

It was an overnight surprise and could not believe my own eyes when I saw it in the morning. But how long it is going to last without proper drainage in place?

Anyway good work and kudos to people behind it.
Old 8th September 2015, 14:45   #29
BHPian

Well Neeladri Road was redone fully last November in 2014 and i felt the road condition was top notch. But with heavy monsoon rain in the last few weeks, big potholes have got created in some patches in this 800 meter stretch due to there being no drains beside the road.
This has been exacerbated by the digging work done recently by Airtel for laying optical fiber cables. In fact they even dug up some parts of the road and just filled up mud to cover up the digging.

There's also a drain coming up besides Wipro and this work has been continuing for more than a month without any signs of completion. Only 2 vehicles can pass side by side due to the debris lying on the road and the vehicles parked on the other side. No idea when this will get over.

Any way to get the potholes done up after the rains subside? Do the residents of the area again have to put up pressure on the elected representatives?
Old 8th September 2015, 17:34   #30
BHPian

Many parts of South Bangalore have sprouted gigantic potholes and craters. I had offroading experiences this afternoon; wish I had a spotter to guide me! I regret not buying the 4WD body-on-ladder-frame SUV now. Bangaloreans truly need them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks