Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 15:30   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mayor of Navi Mumbai caught speeding @ 223 kph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_wheel View Post
I do not doubt the car's ability to touch those speeds. But I doubt the driver's.
There is a certain way of pushing pedal that causes cars to attain high speeds efficiently without straining the drive train and I doubt if a desi politico has that knack. Maybe a professional / competitive driver.
I am also surprised that he did not resort to the oldest no-followup-questions-asked excuse in the book - "My account was hacked !". If I could hack into a politician's account, I would put far more "racier" pictures that that. Geddit, "racier" ?
What do you mean by that? In a car like the S4 (don't think its an A4) just pushing the pedal down fully will make it reach those speeds. And you would be surprised at some of the vehicles politico's own (the younger generation at least), and their driving skills.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:18   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtualaman View Post
Here's something to note about our politicians:

Source & Full Article: http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/18893...oad-at-223kmph
If this mayor were Pinocchio his nose would have grown so long that it would have been out of the room! What a miserable lying rogue!
Old 3rd October 2013, 19:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

More surprising facts of the Navi Mumbai Corporators rightly called the Carporators. These so called Public servants own some of the most swankiest and costliest 4 wheelers and flaunt them without any remorse. Few of the Cars owned by the Corporators as below:
1) Airoli Corporator Krushna Madhvi owns 60L worth Audi Q5 apart from T-Fortuner, Scorpio and few others. He recently ordered a 1 Cr worth BMW X6.
2) Airoli Corporator Vijay Cahugule owns a Porsche Panamera worth 1.4Cr apart from Land Cruiser and Fortuner.
3) ganesh Naik Guardian minister of Thane drives in the cheapest of the lot he owns - 1.5 Cr Range Rover. His son MP Sanjay Naik drives a Volvo SUV, MLA son Sandeep Naik owns a LC prado.
Other details in the link below. Who says politics doesnt pay but ofcourse at the cost of common man's pocket.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/18974...-swanky-wheels
Old 12th October 2013, 09:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
3) ganesh Naik Guardian minister of Thane drives in the cheapest of the lot he owns - 1.5 Cr Range Rover. His son MP Sanjay Naik drives a Volvo SUV, MLA son Sandeep Naik owns a LC prado.
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/18974...-swanky-wheels
Thats only a tip of the iceberg, this guy is the don of Navi Mumbai, has a huge fleet of cars, few yachts, Chopper and who knows what else around the world.
Old 12th October 2013, 10:03   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Time, I think, to accept that these politicians, corporators and other similar, are truly the 'new Maharajas of India and we idiotic common professional people have to pay our taxes to pay for their lifestyles. That is life here in this miserable country I think! Just like other corrupt developing third world nations in Africa and Lat Am, where the common folks are simply ridden over or sidelined, India too is ruled by corrupt, self serving devils. However, it is a generally safer and happier place, thank God, than some of the countries are, in the other two named continents! How do we change this scenario? Only through grass-roots education and a massive cleanup over the next several generations and with the advent of youth, active participation of the youth and by instilling a sense of national pride...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 12th October 2013 at 10:05.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 12:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Time, I think, to accept that these politicians, corporators and other similar, are truly the 'new Maharajas of India and we idiotic common professional people have to pay our taxes to pay for their lifestyles. That is life here in this miserable country I think! Just like other corrupt developing third world nations in Africa and Lat Am, where the common folks are simply ridden over or sidelined, India too is ruled by corrupt, self serving devils. However, it is a generally safer and happier place, thank God, than some of the countries are, in the other two named continents! How do we change this scenario? Only through grass-roots education and a massive cleanup over the next several generations and with the advent of youth, active participation of the youth and by instilling a sense of national pride...
I agree with you and I guess the only we can progress is with some kind of a dictatorship.

Every year we have some so called "New Good" guy who wants to lead us. All they do is eat up funds here and there and in 3-5 years they are gone. Next year another person comes does the same and this is an endless cycle.

What if someone was in place permanently ? I am sure he / she would also eat funds but how much can they ? Eventually some good will be done.
Captain Slow is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks