Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2006, 23:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

Why not cover the offending pillar in tarpaulin. I have seen some people in my building do that. the buidiing was built in 1965 when all we had were premiers and ambassadors and parking spots were built to accomodate these.
Old 15th June 2006, 08:22   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Why not cover the offending pillar in tarpaulin. I have seen some people in my building do that. the buidiing was built in 1965 when all we had were premiers and ambassadors and parking spots were built to accomodate these.
That's fine, later buildings in the late 80's early 90's were built to acco M800's
Old 15th June 2006, 10:41   #18
BHPian

I am planning to take it to Manipal now.

Not sure ..if I should wait for some more time before it gets few more scratches..gus, what do u say?

How many times we can claim an insurance in a year?Any idea?
Old 15th June 2006, 11:09   #19
BHPian

My neighbour has claimed insurance for his M800 abt 5-6 times.. He claimes it even for small damages..But the insurance company is bugged with him..
Old 15th June 2006, 11:46   #20
BHPian

That adds to my confidence.Thank you.
Old 15th June 2006, 12:17   #21
BHPian

Hi Bang Boy
As suggested by a few members, Check with Manipal Motors.

If you want to take a second opinion, visit a car service Joint by name Green cars near Silk Board Flyover. They have half a dozen ex-sundaram service technicians there. Maintenance manager Mr Kulkarni is quite helpful in assessment of the damage.
But the only point is, they are not authorised dealers and I am not sure of your Insurance reimbursements.

Other option: Learn to live with it for sometime and take a look During your First service. The way Bangalore is getting crowded by cars, you will rarely see a car without a dent.
Old 16th June 2006, 12:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Great. Please do let us know what happens tomorrow.

So long....
Guys,
I am planning to do it during my first service.I'll will go for the insurance claim.Yesterday a person from Manipal Service had come and had a look at my car and estimated that to cost around Rs.3500-4000 (if i am putting the money).He said if I go for insurance, it may go higher up.

Thanks,
Old 26th December 2006, 17:37   #23
BHPian

accident ( ) n. An unexpected and undesirable event, especially one resulting in damage or harm.

Dear have heart.....
sandhurs1 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th January 2007, 03:34   #24
BHPian

It takes a few weeks of driving around in a new car to get used to its dimensions and how it behaves. Dont try sqeezing into any tight spaces (while parking or on the road) until you feel that your car is an extension of yourself.
Old 5th January 2007, 08:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sundram are useless apparently.
Yes, they are useless. Big time useless. When i brought the car i was pretty impressed by the huge garage/service center they had. Also that next door Merc showroom. The sales guy was commenting that even merc's paint jobs carried out there. I concluded very highly on thier a.s.s.

It was a big mistake. All they know is, how to topup the engine oil. Even that, once they didnt fit the filter properly. Their paint jobs are just pathetic. Is there any good paint shop in bangalore?? From next service i am planning to take it to garuda. Lets see how good they are...

Quote:
It is not Porsche buta simple Fiat so no issues
Ajmat, my corsa sail is my porsche buta... I hope the sundaram guys are not looking down/up based on the model they are servicing. BTW what is buta???

Last edited by gkrishn : 5th January 2007 at 08:36.
Old 5th January 2007, 12:38   #26
Team-BHP Support

If possible stay away from Manipal. Me and a few others havent had good experience. I suggest you go to Concorde if they do Fiat. Otherwise Prerna and Manipal is like the devil and the deep sea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks