Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2006, 13:38   #31
BHPian

Its mostly for women for self defence. You mean, just spray it in the opposite persons eyes and speed off.......hahaha

az
Old 16th June 2006, 14:31   #32
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
Its mostly for women for self defence. You mean, just spray it in the opposite persons eyes and speed off.......hahaha

az
This kind of half-baked self-defence can get women or anybody else in more serious trouble than if they just remained peaceful. I have read that women who tried to use karate and other self-defence techniques against much stronger male aggressors have ended up getting seriously hurt. The problem is that it takes a real pro to use such techniques successfully -- amateurs will almost always botch it up and will only invite crushing retaliation.

Regarding Ram's prescription for dishing out instant "justice" to erring drivers-- not a very good idea. Remember as somebody already said in this thread, you reap what you sow. If you want to dish out physical violence, intimidation and humiliation to your fellow road user, be prepared to get good doses of your same medicine sooner or later. I agree that there are a few over-aggressive characters who have too miuch testosterone in their blood and so just cannot resist the urge to get into fights and beat up people (and get beaten too); as long as there are just a few characters of this nature, we can live with that. But if this type of behaviour becomes commonplace, then there will be total anarchy and nobody will be safe on the roads. So there is no way civilized society can tolerate people taking the law into their own hands.
Regards, rks
Old 16th June 2006, 16:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

I agree with the people against violence... violence is just not the answer. Theres no justification for violence. Period!

Drifter
Old 16th June 2006, 18:54   #34
Ram
Senior - BHPian

In violent places like Northern UP, Bihar, Jharkhand parts of Punjab and even Delhi, nobody (not even politician's kid) is safe on the road, anyway unless you have bodyguards or guns. God help you if your mobile phone has run out of battery. Isn't Jessica Lal's killer still running loose?

South India (AP, KA, TN, KL) is paradise, by comparision.

If you haven't gone to school, lived and driven in North India, you can't begin to appreciate the lack of personal safety that the gentle and meek and the fairer sex, have to put up with.

I humbly posit that I have lived in many places around the world and am not speaking as a butterfly-embryo that hasn't opened its wings yet.

It is an interesting study to observe how the civilizations of the world have learned to value discipline in society. Something sadly lacking in India.

In the USA, you're always worried that a pissed off driver will pull out a shotgun (legal in most states of the USA) and blow your head off in road-rage.

I understand that Italy has a different kind of violence. People stoning out headlamps that offend them with glare and holding up traffic in case of a minor fender-bender, arguing violently which sometimes leads to fisticuffs, bloodied lips and a fractured jaw.

And speaking of corporal punishment by the state, many offences in Singapore, have lashes with a whip as punishment in addition to stiff monetary fines.
Old 16th June 2006, 19:13   #35
BHPian

not a ggod thing to do for the 50 yr old man. he is quite lucky that the cabbie guy did not retaliate.

If this had happened overseas then this 50yr old would have been booked for Road Rage.

In india and some plcaes of the world such things happen but i have seen Road Rage incidents.

Just dont loose ur cool guys when on the road. if u are into some kind of problem situation the best u could do is ease off, settle the matter amicably and let the guy go.
You never know these guys may have a Country Revolver and wont hesitate to pull the trigger.
Remember one thing u have to live to see ur family. Getting into a freak mishap would be a big loss to all loved ones.

happy n safe driving.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 16th June 2006 at 19:18.
Old 16th June 2006, 19:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR
Shift to neutral and preferably engage hand brakes is the lesson assuming, the cabbie was geared!

Cheers!
I always engage the handbrake if the stop is more than 30 sec. Dev, you were being rude with the driver. We need to give respect and take respect.
Old 16th June 2006, 19:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

This all goes back to the driving school. We Indians care a **** about fellow drivers or riders.

I guess, the driving schools and RTO must take some immediate steps to tackle this.
Old 18th June 2006, 11:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
not a ggod thing to do for the 50 yr old man. he is quite lucky that the cabbie guy did not retaliate.

If this had happened overseas then this 50yr old would have been booked for Road Rage.

In india and some plcaes of the world such things happen but i have seen Road Rage incidents.
in all possiblity, that gentleman would have known all this, and he knew he was in a crowded traffic light. and he also knew that it's india, not overseas.
influential ppl like politicians/businessman know how to handle things, even after misusing their powers.
Old 19th June 2006, 15:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
in all possiblity, that gentleman would have known all this, and he knew he was in a crowded traffic light. and he also knew that it's india, not overseas.
influential ppl like politicians/businessman know how to handle things, even after misusing their powers.
gentleman???? are u overlooking some stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks