Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 23:43   #31
BHPian

Re: No Parking. No Problem. Just put your bonnet up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Saw a family of 4 get down from this Indica right in front of Rmall at Mulund, Mumbai. He stopped the car in such place where there is strictly no parking allowed. ... In the end all I could think of was "What an idea Sirji?" By the way I was waiting for someone and saw this Sirji.
Our country is ruined by such smarties who device methods to bypass laws.

In Bangalore ORR near Marathahalli there are two underpasses where single-lane middle roads are closed by the traffic police by placing some concrete blocks. Everyday someone or the other 'smart' guy will open the road by removing the concrete blocks and thus shorten his 5 min journey into 2 mins, followed by others who are in the same need of way. But just because of this, hundreds of cars and buses are getting blocked on the Ring Road, having to allow the traffic in wrong direction. This had been repeating till yesterday, when finally the officials started constructing a permanent blockage at one of the places. This show is still running near the Bellandur flyover every day!
Old 27th November 2013, 02:00   #32
BHPian

All this happens because we fail to instill a sense of discipline in our masses. Each one thinks of his own convenience and 'Innovates' to fulfill his need. Just as much as Charity begins at home , discipline also begins at home. Let us teach our children to be responsible citizens . Schools should also teach responsible behavior and not encourage this kind of 'innovation'.
Regards
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 05:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

What if the cops moving around in tow trucks turn up? Would they tow such cars away to a another spot to facilitate traffic?

It would be better to do that and levy towing charges to the car driver.

That will take care of such morons!

I have seen cases where cops even helped in pushing stranded cars to the roadside. More than us, they know the need to remove roadblocks so if we see something like this we should report it to the cops as against encouraging such attitude by thumbs up gestures.

I am just glad the OP was not able to do this. We don't want such people (that car driver) to end up feeling smart for what is essentially a stupid act.

In that case we could also argue it is funny how vehicles are driven up the wrong side in a traffic jam!
selfdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 11:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
... if we see something like this we should report it to the cops as against encouraging such attitude by thumbs up gestures.

I am just glad the OP was not able to do this. We don't want such people (that car driver) to end up feeling smart for what is essentially a stupid act.
Exactly!. This is what we should be doing. Should inform the cops whenever we see such 'innovations' so that he can pursue his 'innovations' while holding the laws good.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th November 2013 at 12:07. Reason: post edited. the Killing part is not required in this case
Old 27th November 2013, 12:06   #35
BHPian

Highly irresponsible of the car owner to park the car in such a way and inconveniencing others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
The next time I see some smart Alec misusing/inconveniencing public place like this, I will definitely walk up to the vehicle and pull out/damage a few wires.
How about opening the engine oil filler cap and pouring some Silicon Carbide paste? He will find a nice parking space at the A.S.S. for a few days!
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 12:29   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
No offense taken. FYI, no one was really inconvenienced by the way he parked the car. Its just that since its the front side of the mall, they (cops) have a strict no-parking rule in place!
A rule is a rule. Would he dare break the rule in a developed country? Follow the rule even if it does not make sense, and fight or lobby to change the rule. No smartness here just self centered, self serving, selfish behavior. Perhaps there were a fire in the mall, there would probably be a stampede because of the car partially blocking the way.
prasadee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 12:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Highly irresponsible of the car owner to park the car in such a way and inconveniencing others.

How about opening the engine oil filler cap and pouring some Silicon Carbide paste? He will find a nice parking space at the A.S.S. for a few days!
Nah, Too complicated
Would just pick up some dirt (found in abundance all around Bangalore Village!) and it would maybe do the trick effectively.

Hope this stunt does not evolve into more intricate procedures like, parking anywhere and jack up the rear or front tyres, buying a personal wheel lock and locking the wheels youself!
Old 27th November 2013, 13:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
On the Delhi Airport approach road, the cops do not allow you to park your vehicle on the roadside and wait for a flight etc.

A friend tried pulling off this bonnet open trick. Cop comes, closes the bonnet, fires the engine, car starts, gives my friend a piece of his mind, challans him and leaves...
Another related development in Speed Breaker City, aka Bangalore.

I guess this guy must be following tbhp and he also had a bumper sticker to proclaim the same....

In the busy Banerghatta Road he decides to keep his car on the no parking stretch. Modus Operandi is simple, he removes the ignition fuse from the fuse box ( I was in a restaurant on the roadside); opens the bonnet and walks into the restaurant. After a while cops come inside the restaurant and enquires if the owner is here. The man promptly identifies himself and tells that his car has broken down, traffic police insists to check and our man cool like cucumber hands the key to the cop and follows him. Obvious car wont start and our man says that there is some electrical issue and he is getting someone comeover in next 5 mins. He finishes his food walks to a nearby pan waal and then he comes back and meddles with the fuse box and voila starts the car and drives off.
Initially i thought it to be a genuine case but when he drove off it dawned upon me on the actual bluff that he was playing.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 13:30   #39
Team-BHP Support

It's always funny as long as it's not us at the receiving end of such antics.

That this particular instance wasn't causing inconvenience to anyone is incidental. This same moron will pull the same stunt again somewhere else where it might actually be a nuisance.

But that is the problem with us. In our country of 'Jugaad', such morons find more admirers than people willing to tell him he's wrong. We not only break rules with impunity, we take pride in doing so and/or admire others who 'outsmarted' the system.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th November 2013 at 13:31.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 15:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Finally its good to see some people who looked at the "stunt" of the bonnet-open-guy as a nuisance and a self-centered act.

Yes, a rule is a rule is a rule. There is nothing to be bent there. We might sound like stuck-up idiots but I still stand by my words that I do not find anything "brilliant" or "smart" about this guys act.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 15:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

How difficult is for the traffic police & their towing trucks to shut the bonnet & tow the vehicle away? I believe it is the traffic police who are happy being fooled day & night with such stunts.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 19:26   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprised to know that no one flicked parts from his engine bay. Look at that intercooler, battery, and so many things which can be stolen within minutes with basic tools. People can steal alloys and mirrors from cars, why cant they loot the engine bay? Even onlookers wont know that the parts are being stolen, as they will think some repairs are going on

Forget law, forget enforcement officers, this is like an open invitation to guys from chor bazaar. The owner will return to find an empty engine bay if thieves come to know about such tricks. Then his problem will turn out to be genuine. Even if a cop approaches after that, the owner can show - Look saar no engine, how can I drive off
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 20:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

If I was the OP, I would have ran to the car, dropped the hood and back to my car and hoped the cops would come by.

Even if truly the car had broken down, what is the need to leave the hood open?
In fact, genuine broken down cars would have the hood closed and the hazard lights on , if the owner was going to step away.

This stunt actually is asking for the car to be towed away, provided the cops think.

Regards
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 11:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Quite sinister actually!

The bonnet opening mechanism isn't given INSIDE the car for fun sake! Anyone noticing this can easily punish him immediately! Simply cut 1 random wire inside and he'll actually have to call the mechanic! Then he'll see who gets the last laugh.

A BMW X5 broke down & got locked in the middle of MG Road for 4 hours and someone filed a PIL in Karnataka high Court against such cars!
Good idea. Maybe we can note this number and actually make a mess of the car when it's seen doing this next time. Like putting sand inside the oil dipstick, cutting up the wires, shorting the batter...etc etc.
Old 28th November 2013, 12:01   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Good idea. Maybe we can note this number and actually make a mess of the car when it's seen doing this next time. Like putting sand inside the oil dipstick, cutting up the wires, shorting the batter...etc etc.
Why these vandalistic thoughts? One low life got away with smarting the system and here are people bringing the pitchforks out. His luck will run out eventually, take solace in the fact and avoid such comments which are unbecoming of a BHPian.
Recompose is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed