Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 11:47   #61
BHPian

Re: No Parking. No Problem. Just put your bonnet up!

I find this conversation very strange. A guy commits an act of illegality and some of us end up applauding him while some us are waiting for him to come back and get stuck with a missing battery or a bad engine.
IMHO - we Team-BHP stand for something different. We are responsible drivers and car enthusiasts, who abide by law and believe that for a better motoring experience everyone needs to follow the law.
Why not just close the bonnet and inform the nearest cop or mall security and see to it that the car is safely towed or wheels locked. It doesnt take much time and at the end of the day it is not vandalism
Do we take matters into our own hands when it is a genuine crime such as thievery or homicide. I guess not
Just my way of looking at it.
subraiyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 19:20   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This thread is a complete anathema to what TBHP stands for. I say shut it down.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 02:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This thread is a complete anathema to what TBHP stands for. I say shut it down.
Though I always find your posts interesting but couldn't stop myself from asking that what exactly is objectionable.
Are you finding it difficult to face the truth or reality or simply don't want to look behind the mask that people wear on the forum and their actual psyche. Just by moderation of posts and admission procedure based on passion for automobiles doesn't transform someone to a good human being or responsible citizen overnight. It takes generations and in our case may be tens of them...
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 04:37   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Though I always find your posts interesting but couldn't stop myself from asking that what exactly is objectionable. Are you finding it difficult to face the truth or reality or simply don't want to look behind the mask that people wear on the forum and their actual psyche. Just by moderation of posts and admission procedure based on passion for automobiles doesn't transform someone to a good human being or responsible citizen overnight. It takes generations and in our case may be tens of them...
Hi. We at TBHP are supposed to 'behave right', 'uphold the rules of the road and the law of the land' and generally walk the talk as befits an educated person who is both enthusiastic as well as well informed about automobiles. It's a sad thing if we ourselves turn into the very monsters that we revile. A case of the 'policeman who turns to crime'! Thats why my grumbles. It is sad indeed that as you put it, if people here are putting on a 'mask' and hiding their real 'psyche'. Where indeed is the sanctity that's lefts in anything? Or is there any sanctity left at all? I guess in India, 'attempting to always beat the system in order to assert our 'smartness' is kind of hard-wired into the DNA!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th December 2013 at 04:39.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 13:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

What a stupid idea sirji.
What would he have done it his battery was knocked off.
These people deserve such kind of punishments ie loose 3000 rs battery to save 50 bucks for parking
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:42   #66
BHPian

I think people already mentioned that this was a busy area, and the battery or the whole engine (or parts thereof) could not be stolen that easily. To do that, thieves had to be prepared in advance for somebody to park with the bonnet open ! While the ingenuity can be appreciated, the act cannot be applauded. What is worse, if this trick is resorted to by too many and the police get wary and toughen up. a genuine breakdown will be in trouble.
It is not always about saving the parking fee. Sometimes the parking is too far away to be convenient for a quick pickup or buying a pack of cigarettes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks