Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2006, 02:15   #16
BHPian

Looks like a roll over.... ne chances?? experts... do predict....

in Krla haa?? no clue if this can be restored... i guess it can be... wat say mates?
Old 25th June 2006, 02:46   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Despite having that bullbar in the front...look at the damage. Shows that having a bullbar dosen't make much of a difference.

There is damage all over the car. But like i said, the sunroof was perfectly alrite so don't think it rolled over.
The bullbars serve well to push those auto rickshaws off the road. For crashes they do more bad than good, by collapsing into the body, and creating new pressure zones. No car will have undergone crash tests with aftermarket bullbars, the crumple zones created/tested will all be without such bars.
Old 25th June 2006, 08:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Saw this car at the Police Station today. Seems like a total loss. Dosen't this have airbags, dnt seem them in the car. Since they are SRS airbags, there is a chance that the driver wasn't wearing seatbelts so the airbags didn't deploy.
the srs just means that you should be wearing the seatbelts rather that relying solely on the airbags. In the event of crash, regardless of wether the seatbelts are being used or not the airbags will go off.
Old 25th June 2006, 08:53   #19
BHPian

What a waste of a machine, that too an X-trail!!!

It's a Taxi!!! crazy!!!! Definately hit the median at a triple digit speed to do so much damage to the undercarriage and wheels!!!
Old 25th June 2006, 08:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelntoe
the srs just means that you should be wearing the seatbelts rather that relying solely on the airbags. In the event of crash, regardless of wether the seatbelts are being used or not the airbags will go off.
i agree.
imho, SRS means Supplemental Restraint System and airbag is a type of SRS.

It works best in synchronisation with seatbelts and headrests mounted on seats. i guess there is no compulsive need to wear the seatbelts so that airbags can deploy.
they'll deploy even in case no seatbelts is worn.

in this nissan's case, airbags didn't deployed then it might be a rare possibility that due to that crash guard in front the 'sensors' placed in front might have not triggered!
and if thats the case, i am afraid, almost every premium SUV/MUV/etc in India with all safety gadegets liks ABS/Airbags/etc had put in this aftermarket crash-guard on its front end for additional safety!!!
Old 25th June 2006, 09:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

IF this kinda damage has happened to a Nissan, cant imagine a Scorpio in its place. The people would have been long gone in that case. The cabin in completely intact, i bet nutin must have happend to the people.

It could be the case of the taxi driver dozing of at night or so, and there are some heavy rains here as well.
Old 25th June 2006, 13:07   #22
DRC
BHPian

As my knowledge goes, airbags work even with out seat belts. Correct me If I am wrong.

Me thinks, its the bullbars that might not have triggered the air bag sensors (collision), so no air bags deployed
Old 25th June 2006, 13:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
As my knowledge goes, airbags work even with out seat belts. Correct me If I am wrong.

Me thinks, its the bullbars that might not have triggered the air bag sensors (collision), so no air bags deployed
for such a collision the airbags should have been out. the xtrail didnt have one i suppose.
even if the front bumper gets a slight knock the bags come up and here if the bull bars were there it still does not matter as the car is totalled.

aybe some kids stole the bag after the crash for fun.
Old 25th June 2006, 15:20   #24
Team-BHP Support

Airbags work if there is a major impact - it works based on rapid deceleration. If you note the damage, the car staddled a divide and then rammed a pillar. The damage indicates the final impact was at a lowish speed
Old 25th June 2006, 15:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Airbags work if there is a major impact - it works based on rapid deceleration. If you note the damage, the car staddled a divide and then rammed a pillar. The damage indicates the final impact was at a lowish speed
well i saw a Volvo which clipped the rear of a Corolla @ about 40kmph (no major damage) and the Airbags front side came up.
Was there some wrong setup in the Volvo then..........
Old 25th June 2006, 16:01   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

40kmph isnt much, maybe that's why the a/b's didnt inflate.
Old 25th June 2006, 22:50   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Correct me if i am wrong but i think in high end cars such as a Merc or a BMW, the airbags don't work unless the seatbelt is worn as without using seatbelts, the airbags could hurt the passengers of the vehicle.
It may be the case with the Nissan also.
Old 26th June 2006, 13:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Correct me if i am wrong but i think in high end cars such as a Merc or a BMW, the airbags don't work unless the seatbelt is worn as without using seatbelts, the airbags could hurt the passengers of the vehicle.
It may be the case with the Nissan also.
read my earlier reply!
Old 26th June 2006, 20:58   #29
BHPian

So much for "999" being a lucky number.
Old 27th June 2006, 02:59   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Yup i agree, its a seriously terrible crash. Am glad that no one is injured. Anyways what a waste of a perfectly good car.
Wasted?? Nay man! He'll claim a full insurance on this and will be replaced if wanted I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks