Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Inefficient RTO (as well as agent), ownership transfer stuck for 13 months & coun

I re-registered my Bullet from KA to TN. Took me around 20+ visits to the RTO and six months time. But, I managed to do it without paying either the RTO or any agent.

Yes, it is quite a hassle to get it done.

Most of the rules are quite archaic and involve a lot of paper trail, when it actually be automated.

The RTO in Chennai was surprisingly, a very affable person. His complaint was that whenever a push to modernize the whole process comes in, someone or other puts the brakes on it.

Now, this is a system that is ripe for disruption, in terms of technology infusion.

Shyam
Old 5th February 2014, 13:42   #17
BHPian

Re: Inefficient RTO (as well as agent), ownership transfer stuck for 13 months & coun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
If all is well mumbai RTO will not respond and they assume the NOC to be verified(don't know how true but thats what i have heard).
can you share some more details on the highlighted one,i was told by my RTO that i need to wait till they get a response from mumbai RTO,now after listening to all the experiences here, i am bit worried.

and also would like to know if there is anyway i can get in touch with mumbai RTO and make sure that they send the verification at earliest

regards,
harsha
Old 14th January 2015, 14:03   #18
BHPian

re: Inefficient RTO (as well as agent), ownership transfer stuck for 1.5 years. EDIT: Solved

Well, maybe we should close the thread here with a last update. The transfer got done after 1.5 years of chasing the broker, and meet the RTO himself. So it looks like the agent has lost my file in fire caused by an electrical short circuit in his shop though he told me RTO office lost it (I don't know which version is true). However he stopped coming to his shop since then, changed his phone number (which I got from some other agent). Now being at square one, he started from scratch, by filing a police complaint, then getting duplicate RC, getting the endorsement again from Yeshvanthpur, then making the form 29 (and 30?) up (this gives me a shudder), finding my wife's address proof (from his email archive), insurance renewed by that time so called me up one day to email the new one, and then finally got the transfer done 2 weeks ago. All along he kept me in dark, didn't pick my calls, and on rare occasions when he did just said 'sir give me some more time I'll get it done' and never agreed to meet me in person. Finally one day I got bugged up and went straight to the RTO and explained him the situation. He was sympathetic but all he did is to put me through one of his assistants who acted as if the computer system down (so he can't check anything) and asked me to come back some other day. It worked as intended, magically my agent got the word and called me (which he never did for 1 yr) next day and asked me to have patience for some more days. A month later he turned up at my home to hand me the RC card over and narrate the full story. Just to be doubly sure my wife made a quick visit to nearest Bangalore One next day and indeed in RC B extract it shows the change of ownership. Phew. So, for the record, a lease transfer took ~24 months.
kousik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed