Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 18:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Actor Sonu Sood lifts SUV to clear road

Recent news on some good work by Bollywood "Hunk~HULK" Sonu Sood (courtesy TOI)-

Quote:
He was heading to the gym and found the narrow lane leading to it, blocked by a car. A crowd gathered around it looking completely helpless.
Sonu learnt that someone had parked the car randomly and had gone into one of the buildings.

Seeing several people troubled by the incident, he virtually lifted the SUV that had blocked the road from the hind side and pushed it to a vacant spot closeby.
For details refer below link:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...several-people

Now that's a great way to help others in distress.... heroic indeed , rather than few who prove their importance by roughing way on roads blaring sirens & forcing other users to pave way .
CARDEEP is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 18:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Actor Sonu Sood lifts SUV to clear road

Is that even possible by a single man? Regardless of the amount of muscles he may have? He is not exactly the world's strongest man contender.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 18:28   #3
Team-BHP Support

I guess it depends on what kind of workouts he is used to. May be the SUV in question is a Gypsy or Ecosport.
Old 4th February 2014, 18:35   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Also, the news article mentioned Sonu Sood. What about the other 6-7 people who helped him? No way he could have done it alone!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 18:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Rajnikanth and Chuck Norris, eat your heart out. You haven't got anything on Sonu Sood!

Seriously though, how slow a news day is it when stuff like this makes the news? And yes, 10 bucks says he didn't do it alone!
iliketurtles is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 19:24   #6
BHPian

Pretty impressive I say. I am sure he must have had the help of others otherwise it would have been impossible.
Old 4th February 2014, 19:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

I am a bit surprised that many of you think it is impossible. A highly trained human body is capable of lots of surprising feats.

Youtube has lots of videos of people lifting cars.

Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 19:53   #8
PPS
Senior - BHPian

And how did the guys at Times of India got to know this?
This news must have obviously been circulated by his PR team! They need to be in the news to get noticed.
I remember reading sometime back that he climbed up the stairs to his room(40th or so floor) in what happens to be the tallest residential tower in Australia while filming one of his movies. Nobody knows whether he did actually did that or not, same is the case with this news!
PPS is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 22:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I am a bit surprised that many of you think it is impossible. A highly trained human body is capable of lots of surprising feats.
Agreed Sir, but ONLY a "highly trained" human body can undertake such feats. No doubt this 6'2" guy has one of the best bodies in the business but, an SUV is one of the many things which he can't even think of lifting.
Those people who can lift the rears of cars have done so much hardcore lifting (clean and jerk, cleans, deadlifts and what not), and that too for a long time only then they get the Herculean strength to do such lifts.

These bollywood actors have aesthetically insane bodies and no doubt they are strong as well but as far as such super-human strength is concerned they don't even come close to professional lifters and bodybuilders.

Just google how much weight do the contestants lift and compete in "World's strongest man" competition(it is way less than the weight of an SUV) and then you will realise that this feat was undertaken with the help of atleast 7-8 people more.
I guess Rich Froning, Elliot Hulse and company have a lot of publicizing to do
And it is quite funny how the article puts it : "he lifted the SUV and pushed it in a vacant spot" as if Hulk had indeed done that and said "Punyyy SUV"..

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 4th February 2014 at 22:06.
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 22:26   #10
BHPian

The way the headlines read, this is hilarious.
"He lifted the SUV an pushed it in a vacant spot" lol.
There are ways to do that to small cars like Maruti 800 or Alto, which can be done by above average strengthed people, once, my father, with the help of another man shifted a Maruti 800 to open up the blocked space in our basement. Here, firstly, the basement floor was quite smooth, and he, and our security guard tried to lift the car from the rear, and simultaniously pushing it sideways, which got it to rotate, but even then, at no point of time did any wheel leave the ground, it was more like a quick lift and drag. That was an 800 (640 kg), a smooth floor, my father (a man of good built) and maybe only 10-15 cm of lateral movement. Now, to do that to an SUV (1.5-2 ton), on a friction-full road, and alone (Iol) is just absolute rubbish. Obviously the only possible logic is that 7-8 people would have helped him, imagine a tv actor trying to lift an SUV and people just standing there and not participating, he must have initiated the task, but thats pretty much it I think.

Last edited by bblost : 4th February 2014 at 22:43.
ahmad.007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 22:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
And how did the guys at Times of India got to know this?
This news must have obviously been circulated by his PR team! They need to be in the news to get noticed.
I remember reading sometime back that he climbed up the stairs to his room(40th or so floor) in what happens to be the tallest residential tower in Australia while filming one of his movies. Nobody knows whether he did actually did that or not, same is the case with this news!
You are 100 per cent right. Such news is to be taken with a pinch of salt. These stars just have to stay in news and the PR squad around them makes sure that happens. Look at the way the newspaper says SUV. For heavens sake which SUV? Tiny Gypsy or heavy Fortuner/Montero? Which one? Let us see if this guy can lift the latter.
Old 4th February 2014, 22:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

I was holding myself back since last few months but after reading this thread I think its high time that Moderators introduce a dedicated thread with the title "News around the world, Times of India thread", etc. etc. without the Thanks button, of course. IMHO "Garbage" would be most appropriate section in the lines of Spam we have in our mailbox.

Before someone suggests that I am free to ignore such kind of Threads, I humbly request them to ignore my post in the same spirit.

Last edited by carwatcher : 4th February 2014 at 23:01. Reason: Punctuation Mark
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 23:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thank god the news didn't report that he single handedly demolished all the houses at the left hand side of the SUV and created a new road. Then the traffic van came and lifted the SUV for parking at the wrong side of the new road (it was 1st Feb that day and the car was parked at the 'even day' side of the new road.)

I think Sachin should donate his Bharat Ratna to him now. I wouldn't mind seeing him as a candidate for next PM as well.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 23:18   #14
BHPian

That may be good publicity for the actor but people should not be encouraged to lift chance of a slipped disc is extremely high even an 800.I think more than strength which is obviously required technique of lifting is also equally important.

Last edited by terra85 : 4th February 2014 at 23:20. Reason: Extra point
Old 4th February 2014, 23:33   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
And it is quite funny how the article puts it : "he lifted the SUV and pushed it in a vacant spot" as if Hulk had indeed done that and said "Punyyy SUV".
Oh, that's nothing. I pick up my kids' Ferrari and Hummer every day with one hand (I pick up the remote control of the 1:24 scale model radio-controlled cars with the other hand).
k_nitin_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks