Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 10:30   #256
BHPian

Re: Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent

Had booked a myles figo over the dussera weekend for my travel from Chennai to Pondicherry

Picked up from the airport (myles representative had come to hand over the car at the airport parking)

Old gen figo (probably the same one allotted to sinner666 per the previous post)

Mechanically the vehicle was sound and did not trouble us during the entire duration

Only grip is with the useless myles customer care

While paying the pondy entry tax ( the rto when entering via ecr) the clerk doing data entry there pointed out that the insurance taken is for 3 months as against having an insurance for a year ( I had flagged this out to the myles rep as well who assured me that it is valid and there is no mandate for taxi/self drives to have insurance for an entire year ) Not sure if this is the norm?

The clerk refused to issue us the entry slip ,He was speaking broken English and we do not speak Tamil

Called up customer care ,who kept routing my calls and at once instance even kept me on hold for 20 mins

I lost my cool and called up the myles executive in Chennai and told him to resolve this asap else I would leave the car at the rto and take a local cab to get to my hotel in pondy

Parallel my father played the senior citizen card to the clerk who after few request issued us the slip to go

We were assured we will get a call back from the myles fleet manager (that never happened)

A good 60 mins wasted

While returning the car at the airport the make shift driver was insisting on us giving him a tip which we refused

Myles really needs to iron these out

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 4th October 2017 at 10:32.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 10:26   #257
BHPian

Hello All,

Anyone used formula2ride self drive rentals?
My cousins are visiting Bangalore and the quotes from formula2ride are most competitive. However, I am unable to find any reviews.

Thanks!
Old 11th October 2017, 10:38   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Not sure if this has been covered before

Has anyone used Myles in Goa? (Like a pick up/drop of the car in Goa Itself )

The app has only one place of pick up in margoa ,wondering if they can do airport/hotel drop/pick up

There are quite a few automatic options which is a plus

Spoke to customer service at myles ,the charge is inr 1600 for airport pick up and drop (to be paid in cash/card swipe to the delivery executive)
@Rajesh Rawal
Did you use Myles at Margaon? We are considering renting a car there next week. Would appreciate any feedback if you tried them.
Old 11th October 2017, 10:58   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
@Rajesh Rawal
Did you use Myles at Margaon? We are considering renting a car there next week. Would appreciate any feedback if you tried them.
Hello Buddy,

No I did not get a chance to use myles in goa ( their booking portal always showed the dates as busy)

I went ahead and booked a self rental from zain travels ( they are on google) not organized as myles but have been a satisfied customer with zain for about 4 times
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 15:47   #260

Myles Booking for Innova by my cousin was done in June '17 for Trip to start on 14th Oct '17 in Jaipur.
They call on 13th Oct '17 to inform that they've closed operation in Jaipur & are refunding the amount!
Cannot understand why did they wait till the last moment to tell us?

He has now booked another car (fortunately one was available) through Revv now.

On the other hand I had booked a Terrano with MyChoize for the same dates & was informed last week that it had met with an accident & am being offered an "upgrade" to Innova instead. I didn't find any merit in arguing so have agreed.
Let's hope we face no further hiccups.
Old 14th October 2017, 08:48   #261
BHPian

Folks, a heads up. I just rented an i10 in Ahmedabad and figured that the speed is limited to 80kmph. It is extremely annoyingly to drive on the highway as beyond 80 the car starts jerking.

This is apparently inline with the government mandate for commercial plate vehicles and applies for self drive too. I have been told that every car that is going for a fitness certificate is getting fitted with the speed governor.

This'll be applicable to Zoomcar and other services as well. I feel this takes away the freedom of a self drive car and does not make sense anymore. Also, I feel it's dangerous while overtaking

Revverend
Old 24th October 2017, 17:20   #262
BHPian

Folks,

I'm contemplating renting a car from Delhi Airport for a 10 day trip in December through Nainital, Jim Corbett, Manali & back to Delhi. How would you recommend Myles in Delhi for this long trip crossing UP, Uttarakhand, HP and NCR ?

I'll mostly be renting a hatchback (Figo / Jazz/ i20) and expect to be charged around 30k. The Car Quality is paramount as well as transparency in dealing with the Customer Care. I'd appreciate some specific pointers as this will be my first time dealing with any of these Self-Drive rentals.

My other options are ZoomCar or public transport (Trains / buses).

Public Transport comes with its own restrictions and I'm holding it as a last resort.
Old 29th November 2017, 11:58   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
Folks,

I'm contemplating renting a car from Delhi Airport for a 10 day trip in December through Nainital, Jim Corbett, Manali & back to Delhi. How would you recommend Myles in Delhi for this long trip crossing UP, Uttarakhand, HP and NCR ?

I'll mostly be renting a hatchback (Figo / Jazz/ i20) and expect to be charged around 30k. The Car Quality is paramount as well as transparency in dealing with the Customer Care. I'd appreciate some specific pointers as this will be my first time dealing with any of these Self-Drive rentals.

My other options are ZoomCar or public transport (Trains / buses).

Public Transport comes with its own restrictions and I'm holding it as a last resort.
Did your self drive plan materialize? Whom did you book with and how was the booking experience. Thanks!
Old 29th November 2017, 14:47   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Did your self drive plan materialize? Whom did you book with and how was the booking experience. Thanks!
vijay.sundar, my travel plan is in December. I've however made a booking with Myles for Dec 23rd-26th for a Jazz Diesel. The booking process was quite easy and the rates seemed very similar to Zoomcar. Since my plan changed recently, I had to cancel an earlier booking for a Duster and got a refund of the booking amount in 2 days.

I didn't opt for the Security Deposit waiver. You need to pay a fixed amount upfront if you don't want to opt for the Security Deposit charged on your card. I paid up 5k Security Deposit.

One interesting feature they have (which I didn't see in Zoomcar) is the option to delay paying the Security Deposit until you're closer to your travel dates. For anyone who doesn't want the charge to be blocking their card, I guess it makes sense to pay later. But the caveat is that the car will not be confirmed until this is paid !
Old 29th November 2017, 15:10   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The booking process was quite easy and the rates seemed very similar to Zoomcar.

One interesting feature they have (which I didn't see in Zoomcar) is the option to delay paying the Security Deposit until you're closer to your travel dates. For anyone who doesn't want the charge to be blocking their card, I guess it makes sense to pay later. But the caveat is that the car will not be confirmed until this is paid !
I am surprised that you found Myles rates similar to Zoom. Last night, I booked a car for my trip from Dec 15-22 and found Myles to be astronomically higher compared to Zoom, Voler etc.

Finalized a Scorpio from Zoom for 26K (7 days, 1600KM limit). Mind you, this is with fuel. Myles was quoting 26K without fuel for the same.

Zoom too had an option to delay the 5k security deposit but I didn't opt for it. This was my first booking with Zoom and the bit I didn't like was that this morning I had mails and messages stating that I need to upload my DL and Aadhar before 9 AM or the booking will be cancelled Called up the call center and they were of least help. Thankfully I had the Zoomcar app as well as the document copies with me on phone and could upload before the cut-off. I don't understand why the 12 hour cut off to verify your profile when the actuall booking is more than 2 weeks away.
Old 29th November 2017, 16:11   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am surprised that you found Myles rates similar to Zoom. Last night, I booked a car for my trip from Dec 15-22 and found Myles to be astronomically higher compared to Zoom, Voler etc.
I'll tell you what I booked- Jazz Diesel for 3 days with the 720 kms package

On Myles - They were quoting around 10k
On ZoomCar - They were quoting around 13k

Even with fuel & assuming a worst case mileage for the Myles car (at Rs. 4 /km), ZoomCar was very similar (maybe more than Myles by about 200-300). Hence I mentioned similar rates.

And a quick search on both sites for Delhi is showing me that for your dates & 1680 kms package, a Scorpio is available at :
Rs. 25.8k on Zoomcar
Rs. 22.2k on Myles

Assuming Rs. 4/km for fuel (I'm not sure about the mileage of a Scorpio), Myles is about 3k more expensive. Not really an astronomical difference

But I agree, Myles & Zoomcar could have changed their prices since last night.

And the cut off for uploading documents seems a little inexplicable. Myles also had a deadline for the document upload.

Last edited by Sangre : 29th November 2017 at 16:21. Reason: Responding to the Document upload comment, adding the location
Old 29th November 2017, 23:11   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And a quick search on both sites for Delhi is showing me that for your dates & 1680 kms package, a Scorpio is available at :
Rs. 25.8k on Zoomcar
Rs. 22.2k on Myles

Assuming Rs. 4/km for fuel (I'm not sure about the mileage of a Scorpio), Myles is about 3k more expensive. Not really an astronomical difference
Looks like the prices vary based on location. I was searching from Chandigarh and myles quote without fuel was same as Zoom Car with fuel. Scorpio is no longer available for the dates I was looking but a duster or renault lodgy are priced over 30k for 7 days 1600 KM booking.
Old 5th January 2018, 23:12   #268
BHPian

I am planning to take a myles car for a 2 day trip from Bangalore. I would like to know whether they accept E-Aadhar printout as a proof of address while picking up the car. Any first hand inputs would be appreciated.
Old 7th January 2018, 03:21   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
I am planning to take a myles car for a 2 day trip from Bangalore. I would like to know whether they accept E-Aadhar printout as a proof of address while picking up the car. Any first hand inputs would be appreciated.
Last time i had hired Myles for my dad KL license was good enough address proof supported by photocopy of the aadhar card. You can contact them by mail for any further clarification.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 23:09   #270
BHPian

I had booked a VW Polo diesel from Myles cars for 2 days and unlimited kms. The total cost came to around 7.2k + 5k security deposit. The overall experience was pretty good right from hand over to dropping off. The car was given by a shop by the name Driven by U at Koramangala , with whom myles is having a tie up.

The car wasn't washed when i reached the shop. I have booked the car from 5.00pm onwards. By 5.15pm , all formalities where taken care and car was handed over. The car had 26K on the ODO. The overall vehicle condition was ok. Slight rattles from the doors but nothing to complain about. The diesel engine was great to drive and this was the top end model with all bells and whistles. Covered about 700km in two days and didn't face any issues. The speed limit was 120kmph and it was religiously adhered to. The drop off was also hassle free and was done in about 10 mins. They informed that the security deposit will be credited back in a weeks time.

A DL and aadhaar copy were enough for booking the car. Only drawback with myles is that certain pickup points are far away and their security deposit waiver is available for select cars only. This is the information that i got from their app. The customer care didnt have a clue about the security deposit waiver.

Most Viewed