Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 02:10   #106
BHPian

Re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore! *UPDATE* Now in Pune!

Could you please check your rental agreement and tell us whether or not there is a written clause about depreciation and/or loss of use?

I need a self drive rental in December for about 25 days and was thinking of picking one from carzonrent Amritsar or Chandigarh but your post has got me thinking about the hidden charges/clauses.

Most of the insurance coverage in US does not cover for loss of use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
Then worst part came when I got the car after checking for any existing damage I was told that all the depreciation due to any accident damages and the loss of business due to unavailibilty of the car will be borne by the customer.

After that I decided not to rent a self driven car till we are offerred the same insurance coverage as Hertz or Avis provides in US/EU.
Old 17th September 2014, 15:36   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Could you please check your rental agreement and tell us whether or not there is a written clause about depreciation and/or loss of use?

I need a self drive rental in December for about 25 days and was thinking of picking one from carzonrent Amritsar or Chandigarh but your post has got me thinking about the hidden charges/clauses.

Most of the insurance coverage in US does not cover for loss of use.
I rented from Carzonrent nearly an year back. I dont have the rental agreement with me now. But I did check with multiple officials of Carzonrent about the "depreciation and/or loss of use" part. And they all clearly confirmed that any loss above 4000 Rs will be paid by the user. They will deduct the amount from the security deposit.

I asked them what if I rent an SUV of price 18 lakhs and some one else on the road bangs the car and loss is huge. They told me clearly no matter whose fault it is, the renter has to pay the depreciation/ loss of use.

It took me a month's time last year to get my 50000 Rs security amount back from Carzonrent. I personally had to chase their Senior Executives. So during so many of my follow-up calls, one of them told me that in India, people drive rashly and theft is a common scene, so Insurance providers are not ready to give extensinve coverage products on rental cars like US/EU.

I would reccomend, you call them and check once yourself directly from the local branch from where you are planning to rent the car.

I had two accidents, once in Dodge Charger from Enterprise, it was my fault. I missed a stop sign and a Merc bangded into me. And once in Escalade from Hertz, someone had rear ended the very badly on the street parking. Both times cars were badly damaged. But in both cases I did not have to pay a single penny. So I am pretty sure Insurance offered by the rental companies in US cover everything.
napster1311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 22:46   #108
BHPian

Did they do a pre-auth of 50,000 on your card? And, then they took one month to cancel that pre-auth? Did they give any reason for the delay?

And, about coverage in US, I meant the coverage by credit card companies (AMEX premium coverage) and personal car insurance (Geico, Progressive) that does not cover loss of use (and hence my statement was out of context). Coverage offered by car rental companies covers everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
It took me a month's time last year to get my 50000 Rs security amount back from Carzonrent. I personally had to chase their Senior Executives.

I had two accidents, once in Dodge Charger from Enterprise, it was my fault. I missed a stop sign and a Merc bangded into me. And once in Escalade from Hertz, someone had rear ended the very badly on the street parking. Both times cars were badly damaged. But in both cases I did not have to pay a single penny. So I am pretty sure Insurance offered by the rental companies in US cover everything.
Old 18th September 2014, 11:06   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Did they do a pre-auth of 50,000 on your card? And, then they took one month to cancel that pre-auth? Did they give any reason for the delay?

Yes they did a pre-auth of 50K. The reason quoted to me was, "Sir, pata nahi aapke sath hi ho raha hai aisa. Warna aisa nahi hota". In short Bullsh*t reason. Basically they did not have the support system in place. I dont know the current status.

And, about coverage in US, I meant the coverage by credit card companies (AMEX premium coverage) and personal car insurance (Geico, Progressive) that does not cover loss of use (and hence my statement was out of context). Coverage offered by car rental companies covers everything.
I got it now. But my BoA CC had total coverage which used to include the loss of use as well.
Old 8th October 2014, 18:31   #110
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent

CarzOnRent Pvt. Ltd. has tied up with Tata Motors to launch Myles City-Drive under the Myles self-drive service. The company is offering 200 units of the Tata Nano Twist at 43 locations across the Delhi-NCR region.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 8th October 2014 at 18:34.
Aditya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 13:32   #111
BHPian

Recently did a trip with a Myles Swift from Delhi to Uttarakhand hills for 6 days. Got an offer of 1 day free that they were running when I booked.
Experience was great -
Since I was coming from Mumbai to Delhi, and arriving at Terminal 1, they actually cam to pick us up even at 11:30 in the night and took us to their office in Mahipalpur. Formalities took just around 10 minutes and post a good inspection, we were off. The swift we had was a VDI with 27k on the meter, but it sure did not feel that old!
While dropping too, they collected it back in Terminal 1. On the last day the stereo system wasnt working. Once again, no issues at all, they looked around the car, learnt of the stereo issue, but said thats just some loose connection.
Now hoping to get the 30k pre-auth released soon!
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:18   #112
BHPian

Hello all,

Perhaps this is slightly off topic but could not find any threads for this. Here goes: My parents will be traveling to Pune to embark on the Ashtavinayak journey. They would require a chauffeur driven vehicle for 3-4 days to complete this trip. They would prefer a sedan. Could you please let me know of any reliable, good, clean taxi service which can fulfill this? I was thinking of carzonrent, but looks like they are self drive only. My folks prefer a driver. Please let me know of any such reliable cab service. Many thanks for your help!

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 3rd November 2014, 17:11   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hello all,

Perhaps this is slightly off topic but could not find any threads for this. Here goes: My parents will be traveling to Pune to embark on the Ashtavinayak journey. They would require a chauffeur driven vehicle for 3-4 days to complete this trip. They would prefer a sedan. Could you please let me know of any reliable, good, clean taxi service which can fulfill this? I was thinking of carzonrent, but looks like they are self drive only. My folks prefer a driver. Please let me know of any such reliable cab service. Many thanks for your help!

Cheers!
Rohan
I would recommend OLA,quite efficient and professional.
Old 18th November 2014, 09:38   #114
BHPian

Hi,
I have just booked a Myles Innova for a one day outing to Mysore from Bangalore. I paid the daily charges but I was not very clear on what I get along with the vehicle I booked. I mean free fuel , how many kms are free, what is the rate if I do extra kilometres. Any of you gentlemen have any prior experience (good or bad) with Myles ? So far a couple of people have rated the service quite well.
Old 18th November 2014, 11:53   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hi,
I have just booked a Myles Innova for a one day outing to Mysore from Bangalore. I paid the daily charges but I was not very clear on what I get along with the vehicle I booked. I mean free fuel , how many kms are free, what is the rate if I do extra kilometres. Any of you gentlemen have any prior experience (good or bad) with Myles ? So far a couple of people have rated the service quite well.
Since you need one in Bangalore, I would recommend ZOOM . Found them to be very efficient,moreover they have a very transparent process with no hidden clauses.
Old 18th November 2014, 16:25   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hi,
With Myles - if this is what you have booked;

Fare Details X
Rate
Rs 2199 / Day
Fare Details
Minimum Billing: Rs 2199/-
VAT (@14.500%): Rs 319/-
Total Fare: Rs 2518/-
Refundable Security Deposit (Pre Auth from card): Rs 50000.00 (Mastercard and Visa only)

You technically get only the car with unlimited kilometres. You just have to return the car in the same condition (without damages) with full fuel indicator!
Old 23rd January 2015, 09:26   #117
Senior - BHPian

Re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Just curious, are Myles and Carzonrent the same thing ?
I opened Carzonrent website yesterday.
There was this flash going on about Myles. I clicked on it and it re-directed me to Carzonrent website - carzonrent/myles.

What is the difference between the two ?
Old 23rd January 2015, 09:38   #118
BHPian

Re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Just curious, are Myles and Carzonrent the same thing ?
I opened Carzonrent website yesterday.
There was this flash going on about Myles. I clicked on it and it re-directed me to Carzonrent website - carzonrent/myles.

What is the difference between the two ?
Myles is owned by Carzonrent. It is the brand name for Carzonrent's self drive service
Old 22nd February 2015, 18:52   #119
BHPian

Hi,

I thought it might be useful to share my experiences with Myles/Carzonrent in Mumbai.

I've hired their vehicles twice in 2014

The first time was in late 2014 when I hired the Toyota Fortuner. I needed an SUV for work and wanted to inspect the vehicle before I hired it. I called up the Andheri East office [this is the one next to the International Airport] and a gentleman named Rakesh invited me to inspect the vehicle and answer any queries I had.

The location is not too difficult to find using their directions and Google Maps. They also use this as their base of operations for the C-Class chauffeur services that Emirates offers to Business and First Class passengers. And as such you'll find it quite busy late nights and early mornings with dozens of C-Class town cars getting ready and departing to the airport.

My original intention was to rent the XUV500 but it looked like it had been used quite a bit whereas the Fortuner looked like a lightly used showroom model [I think it had about 5k or 12k on the ODO].

Satisfied with what I had seen I booked the Fortuner for 3 days thru the website a few days later.

I needed to pick the vehicle up to 5AM and didn’t have any issues since I was carrying copies of the documents required. [ID, DL and a CC]

The Fortuner was fine mechanically and I had no issues with it and returned in in time a few days later.

In December I decided to rent the Mercedes C-Class for a few days and had a similar experience. Once again I received a vehicle with about 10K on the ODO and took it for an 800km road trip across the state. Driving it was a great experience and the vehicle gave me no trouble whatsoever.

Some points to remember for those considering using Myles.

I'd recommend keeping a buffer of half an hour to pick up your vehicle, they clean the car exterior and photograph it before handing it over. All the documents are in a folder in the vehicle. They don't seem to clean the interiors as often as they do the exteriors + it being a rental I suspect customers don't make much effort to keep the vehicle clean.

Remember to return it with a full tank of fuel.

They will block the fixed amount as a security deposit when you come to pick up the vehicle so make sure you have that much credit available on your CC.

For those who are concerned about them not unblocking the pre-auth after returning the vehicle here are some things to keep in mind.

Carzonrent unblock the security deposit when you return the vehicle and will give you the CC slip with the reference and transaction number on it as well. [Since this is India the responsibility lies on YOU to make sure the service rep does this when you return the vehicle]
YOUR CC company typically takes 3-7 days to free up the amount on your CC. If you find that the amount hasn't been unblocked after a week I suggest calling up your CC customer care number and inquiring what the procedure to speed things up is. Typically it just requires a scan of the CC unblocking receipt and an email to your CC customer care department.

I do wish they had a few vehicles in the C and D segment such as the Corolla, Camry, Accord as it is mildly stressful renting the more expensive vehicles such as the Fortuner and Mercs due to the insurance industry in India still living in the 20th century and the uncertainty about what would happen financially if there is any damage to the car. Having said that I do wish they also have some more expensive models to rent as well, a S-Class and a Porsche or Lamborghini would be great!

I’m happy with my experiences with Myles, recommend it easily and glad that we finally have a mostly hassle free self-drive option in India.

Last edited by genjew : 22nd February 2015 at 19:11. Reason: Formatting
genjew is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 12:39   #120
Senior - BHPian

I will be in Mumbai in April 1st week and mostly looking to take a self drive Innova for few days. I came across this thread and saw carzonrent offers cars in Mumbai.

Here in bangalore we have the zoomcar which seem to be the best option, But not sure about mumbai. Is carzonrent the preferred choice for Self-drive cars ? Please suggest if any other vendor is good.

From what i gathered here, the per day cost of the car covers
1. unlimited kms ( I still need to pay for the fuel )
2. Car insurance, and other permits to drive outstation

Just for my satisfaction, what if the car has any damage while returning. What sort of penalty is expected ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks