Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 13:17   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent

Carzonrent has launched a Myles Franchise Program across 23 cities in India.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 18th March 2015, 19:23   #122
BHPian

Couple of important points that I want to share with all. In line to my previous posts in this thread, my concern with the Self-Drive cars in India is the state of law enforcement, fellow drivers on roads and insurance companies which do not provide good clear products to support such services like they do at International Level.

1. What if the car meets an accident and damaged?

Damage cost up to INR 5,000/- is to be paid by the customer on actuals. In case of a damage over Rs.5000/- ,insurance claim will be filed and depreciation amount & parts which are not covered under insurance will be borne by the customer .The assessment of damage made by the Company will be final. (Straight from Carzonrent FAQ section)

2. What happens when car is stolen?
"in case stolen of the car in that condition insurence company provide the insurence sapose car cost is 5,00,000 insurence company provide the amount 3,00,000 so in that condition which is laiblity paid from your side 200,000" (Pardon the typos: This reply I got from the CC Rep on chatting)

3. What if the car gets damaged by someone else or by natural calamity?

The person in whose name the car is booked is completely liable for damages done by anyone else driving the car. The current insurance does not cover any damage by act of god. (Straight from Carzonrent FAQ section)

Now when someone rents an SUV which costs 18-22 lacs, or a premium car which costs even more, I think we all should consider these points. I am not discouraging anyone from using the self drive services, its just what I think is important to know. Becuase in India, any car can be stolen from anywhere, anyone can hit your car out of nowhere and you may end up in lot of trouble in such scenarios.

FAQ Link: http://www.carzonrent.com/faq.php

Last edited by napster1311 : 18th March 2015 at 19:25.
napster1311 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 16:25   #123
BHPian

I've been tracking this thread for sometime, and over a period used services of few self-drive operators.

Zoom, Bangalore
Booked a Scorpio for 2 days in Aug 2014. This was for local use in Bangalore, also to check out their service and vehicles.
Booking process: Online, and was smooth.
Pickup process: Smooth, but with a little delay. They were cleaning the vehicle when I reached, and was ready in 15 min after my scheduled pick-up time. Documentation is simple.
Vehicle condition: It was a base variant which had clocked around 80K and was about 1 or 1.5 years old then. Condition was not great, but okay.
Drop process: Simple.
Rate: Around 4300, fuel included. Since I did not cross the kilometer capping, did not pay anything extra.

Autoriders, Delhi
Booked a Scorpio for 15 days in Sep 2014 for Leh-Ladakh trip after lot of research and analysis.
Booking process: Mail communication, and online transfer of full estimated fare. Security deposit of 30K was paid in cash while taking the delivery.
Pick process: Smooth, without any delay.
Vehicle condition: It was a 2013 model Scorpio 4WD, serviced on the day of our pick-up and was in good condition. It had clocked around 80K, but was in very good condition - washed & vaccumed. It also did not give us any problems throughout the journey of 15 days considering the terrain we went through.
Drop process: Smooth, without any delay.
Rate: Cost us 3k per day, plus 10k as surcharge for Ladakh wear&tear, 4.95% service tax, which came to little less than 60K.

Carzonrent, Chennai
Booked an Innova for 3 days in Dec 2014 from Chennai to Pondichery.
Booking process: Online, and was smooth.
Pickup process: Very good. They had confirmed that they don't provide pick-up from railway station. But they suggested us to take the local train and get down at a staion near their office/pick-up point, and they will pick us from there. They guided us promptly and were waiting once we got to the local staion.
Vehicle condition: Very good. I guess it was 2014 or late 2013, with around 50k on odo. Was clean inside out, thoroughly washed and vaccumed. No issues throughout the journey.
Drop process: Smooth, no delay.
Rate: Cost us around 8500 I guess (can't recollect the exact figure), including taxes

Carzonrent, Bangalore
Booked an Ecosport for 3 days in March 2015.
Booking process: Online, smooth.
Pickup process: Smooth, with some delay. They had to get the key of the vehicle from the security office which caused some delay.
Vehicle condition: Very good. A 2014 Oct Ecosport, with 9800 km on odo. Not the top most variant, but the one just below that - without push start/stop button and few extra airbags I guess. Otherwise fully loaded with music player, alloys etc.
Drop process: No delays, smooth.
Rate: Around 6800, including taxes.

My take on Zoom
Pros: Online booking, good service, more options on vehicles and pick up points, good rates for weekdays, fuel included, hourly billing, cashless process, less deposit (if it matters), good policies like earn credits if vehicle is returned early.
Cons: Distance capping, rate surge for weekends and holidays/long weekends, only in Delhi/NCR, Pune and Bangalore

Zoom is good if you plan to drive within the distance capping for the rental period. Also hourly billing gives a little flexibility on when to pick-up and drop. Also I dislike their fare hike during weekends and for holidays/long weekends.

My take on Autoriders
Pros: Good service, offers vehicles to Leh (not a big point here, though), no distance capping, reasonable rates.
Cons: No online system, no wide range of vehicles to choose from - compared to Zoom or Carzonrent, not a cashless process.

Autoriders is good if you cannot get a vehicle from Zoom or Carzonrent. Limited cities covered.

My take on Carzonrent
Pros: Online booking, good service, more options on vehicles and pick up points (more vehicle options than Zoom in Bangalore, it will vary from city to city), good rates overall, no rate surge for weekends/holidays, cashless process
Cons: Higher secutiry amount blocked on credit card, Fuel not included in the rates.

Carzonrent is good if you will be driving a lot during your rental period. Hourly booking is only until 23 hours, and if it is more it has to be booked under daily tag (multiples of 24 hours), which means even if you return the vehicle early there is no credit/refund unlike in Zoom.

I choose Zoom or Carzonrent based on the distance that I will be covering and the rates. But invariably, we travel during weekends/holidays and Zoom has a price surge during those periods. Also Zoom is present only in 3 cities right now. So if it is Mumbai or Chennai, Carzonrent it is for me.

Also there was an offer running due to which there was no security depost charged for my Chennai rental of Innova. For the Ecosport, they've released the blocked 50k and I've got a confirmation. They release the amount when we return the vehicle, and you get the confirmation in sms, with a pdf statement link.

I guess most of the operators try to have new vehicles which are 2-3 years old max, and mostly mid to top variant, and with a Yellow-on-Black board. Zoom and Carzonrent have tablet based systems with their staff (what I've seen) which can scan and update our pickup and drop timings, and only paper work is the agreemnt that we sign.

The only case where issues will crop up is if there has been any damages/accidents. I've not faced any, so can't comment first hand. I've heard differnt versions, so can't comment on that. Let there not be a chance where I've to comment on that first hand

Anyways, as long as these companies compete to provide more cars, more pickup points, better rates, we, as customers, can sit back and enjoy the benefits.

Hope this helps people who are planning to go for self drive options.

- from a person who has sold off his car to rely entirely on Zoom, Carzonrent, Autoriders, Uber, Ola, Taxiforsure (now part of Ola), Meru, Tabcab, BlaBlaCar
gk_fiesta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 18:07   #124
BHPian

Took my 7th Myles car and I have no complaints whatsoever with their service. Cars I have hired are:

1) Etios - Hyderabad - 3 days (Twice)
2) Swift Dzire VDi - Hyderabad - 3 days
3) Swift VDi - Delhi Airport T1 - 3 days
4) Nano Twist- Gurgaon - 2 days
5) XUV 500 W6 - Delhi Airport T3 - 5 Days
6) Innova 2.5G - Delhi Airport T3 - 7 Days (1 Free Day as per weekly package)

On an average it takes no more than 10 mins to get the formalities done for pick up and to drop it has not taken more than 5 mins. But to make sure the time taken for formalities is minimum, I always keep copies of passport, license and credit card ready.

Pictures from last week's trip to Himachal Pradesh for which we took 10k kms old Innova and added 2k more to it during the trip.

Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_20150406_235244.jpg

Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_20150406_234720.jpg
ashishy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 13:40   #125
BHPian

Folks planning a trip to Ladkah in mid June, Looking for a Innova or XUV for 6 folks for 14 days. Last time i booked through Avis in 2012 paid 36k for the same.Checked fare on their website its coming up to 64k for 14 days for innova.This time their charges are doubled.

Tried searching in autoriders did not show any vehicle for self drive. I have dropped them a email.

Saw an article on Zoom car and that they provide rentals to any location even Ladkah. XUV from them when i did a costing is coming around 53k for 14 + days for a km coverage of 3500. Also they are asking extra 5k as refundable deposit on their website.
Checked carzonrent and they have special packages for Ladakh. For Innova its coming upto 58K cost for 14 days unlimited km. For XUV it is coming up to 63k cost for 14 days.They are also blocking 50k on card as security deposit for Innova and 70k for XUV.

Wanted feedback if anyone has used Zoom or Carz on rent for travel to Ladakh. Also if any other cheaper and better option is available. We just want a rental car to ferry 6 folks. and cover the 14 days trip.I will be posting this in Ladkah travel section too hoping would get some feedback or suggestion before i book.

Last edited by Dushie : 23rd April 2015 at 13:41.
Old 27th April 2015, 15:00   #126
BHPian

Hi all,

Used the Carzonrent service in Chandigarh last week. I had booked a full day ride with a driver (as I was travelling with an infant).

The itenary for the day was pick up from Ambala -> visit some touristy places in Chandigarh -> Lunch, shopping @ Sector 17 -> Drop to Chandigarh airport.

Carzonrent charged me 2500 including all (Driver charges, Toll,etc) for the whole day. The car was a Ritz Vdi in excellent condition. Driver allocated was a decent person, well mannered and a good driver with no over speeding. He also arrived before time for the pick up.

This is the first time i used carzonrent anywhere in India and had a good experience.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 29th April 2015, 16:11   #127
BHPian

Am considering Myles / Zoom for my next trip to Tirupati from Bangalore. Considering Zoom's surge pricing on weekends, I was inclined towards Myles. However, upon reading fine print, Myles does not seem to reimburse interstate charges - specifically considering that AP only accepts yearly charges upwards of Rs. 2k.

If this is the case, then this puts Myles out of the equation for any trip involving AP. Members who have used Myles for AP trips - please comment whether you were able to get a refund on the AP interstate charges. Thanks!

PS: Zoomcar has a good list of interstate charges applicable in each state here
Old 9th May 2015, 00:56   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
If this is the case, then this puts Myles out of the equation for any trip involving AP. Members who have used Myles for AP trips - please comment whether you were able to get a refund on the AP interstate charges. Thanks!

PS: Zoomcar has a good list of interstate charges applicable in each state here
Actually Myles does reimburse 90% of the AP charges. Do check with the exec. Most cars already come with AP tax paid.
Old 17th May 2015, 11:19   #129
Team-BHP Support

Myles has started operations in Coimbatore The service is available on hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis. At present, the company has a fleet of Toyota Etios cars in the city and has started receiving bookings for Coimbatore – Ooty - Coimbatore, Coimbatore - Coonor - Coimbatore, Coimbatore - Thrissur - Coimbatore.
Charges:
  • Hourly - Rs. 125 per hour (1 hour, 10 km, fuel included)
  • Daily - Rs. 1,800 (unlimited km)
  • Weekly - Rs. 10,800

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 17th May 2015 at 11:20.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 11:37   #130
BHPian

When you take self drive car to other state, should we pay road tax or permits? Whether these charges are nominal or exorbitant from a state to state?
Old 22nd May 2015, 21:25   #131

Self driven car in India is picking up at great pace it seems to reach all cities across India within considerable timeline, there are quite a number of players doing so, to name a few, Zoom car, Carzonrent, Letmedrive, Car club etc.

This time when I was packing my bags in Bangalore to start my journey to my Native in U.P., I thought of exploring the option to take a self driven car when I arrive in Delhi by train. I called my friend in Delhi to find out if there are any amateurs in this business who can give me a car for 2 weeks & he sent across contact of “let me drive”. Hard luck, small cars were fully booked and then I explored “Zoom car” but deal was expensive with limitation of free kilometers and non availability of smaller car(Alto, Nano, etc.) which I was particular as my house was located in a street of UP where only a car with width not more than 160 cm can be parked.

Anyway I did not have much hope but then while travelling from Delhi via Noida I spotted a Nano with Myles written in bold on the car which kindled some hope, soon after reaching my destination I googled “Myles” and there you go I found a rental company, carzonrent, which gives self driven Nano & other cars under brand name Myles, I could not believe the deal, it was unlimited kms with 420 INR /day. To confirm the tariff I called the call-centre to double check the deal. I booked the car for next day evening from Indirapuram, Ghaziabad centre. As I reached a gentleman came & handed over the keys of a royal gold colored Nano after a bit of paperwork.

Car was only 13000 kms driven & in good condition though the seat fabric was not so clean but otherwise car was in good condition, apart from this another reason for being thrilled is the feel of Nano, fantastic headroom for a person of my height, 185 cms (6 feet 2 inch), amazingly easy to maneuver, acceleration was great, etc. I drove the car to my native. Nano was just great, could get through the middle of any kind of weirdly parked vehicles, I took it to my village & the performance was not an inch less, gave absolutely smooth ride, no matter what the road condition was.

This was the best utilized summer holidays because of the convenience of a smaller self driven vehicle, I did all which was in my to do list & was never accomplished on earlier visits. One of my college friends I met almost after 16 yrs. I extended the vehicle 4 times, thanks to Virat who takes care of the dealership for Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, The service was seamless, whether it was extension of road tax or booking.

Mod Note: Please Note: You need to upload images directly to our server. Linking images/document to an external source is not the right way.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2015 at 21:29. Reason: Removed links to external images
Old 24th May 2015, 13:00   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
When you take self drive car to other state, should we pay road tax or permits? Whether these charges are nominal or exorbitant from a state to state?
Cous Wheels,
I write below based on my recent experience with Carzonrent.
They have all India permit but tax has to be paid for the state in which one is driving.
In case one picks up car from Gurgaon, Haryana tax should be paid by the rental agency & similary for other states pick up location.
If you are taking to other states you have to pay from your pocket.
Tax policies differs from state to state, for few states it can be paid even for a day but for other it has to be paid minimum for 3 months.
Hope this info helps.
Old 9th June 2015, 11:24   #133
Senior - BHPian

Myles, the self-driving car rental service by Carzonrent, has now expanded its presence to 10 airports across the country. These include Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Vizag, Bhubaneshwar, Amritsar and Chandigarh.

Customers who wish to book a Myles car, can do so and drive away immediately after they land at the airport. Earlier, customers had to visit the local Myles office to complete basic formalities, which isn't the case now, thus they save over an hour of their time.

To strengthen its presence further, the car rental service provider will be expanding to 6 more airports and adding 300 additional cars to its fleet by the end of June 2016. It also aims to quadruple its fleet to 4,000 cars by March 2016.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 9th June 2015 at 11:30.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 16:30   #134
Senior - BHPian

Its sad that none of the self drive operators who have a location in the airport does not allow one-way rentals. It would have been a huge benefit for customers who don't want to park their car in airport parking and can use this option instead.

Even if they connect one location in city with the airport location, it would still be a huge hit in places like Bangalore, Hyderabad or Delhi where the airport is far off.
Old 10th June 2015, 10:24   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Customers who wish to book a Myles car, can do so and drive away immediately after they land at the airport. Earlier, customers had to visit the local Myles office to complete basic formalities, which isn't the case now, thus they save over an hour of their time.
Can i book a car from Mumbai domestic airport and drop off the car at Pune and vice versa?The reason is I don't have a direct flight while travelling to my home town from Pune . I do not mind renting a small car like Figo since it's mostly me and wifey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks