Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 01:38   #136
BHPian

Re: Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent

Planning to rent from Carzonrent in Jaipur during the 2nd week of September for a road trip across Rajasthan. Good to know the Etios lacks a punch on the highway GTO I am checking online and the two options available in a sedan form factor are an Etios GD and a Volkswagon Vento and the other one being an Innova. Since we will be travelling as a family of 4, deciding between the Etios and the Vento, but will be leaning Vento based on your reviews.

I saw a couple of people renting from Jaipur. How was your experience?
Thanks!
Old 3rd July 2015, 18:16   #137
Team-BHP Support

Myles, the self-drive service offered by Carzonrent, has added a new range of automatic cars to its fleet. The new range includes cars like the Honda City, the Hyundai Grand i10 and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and C-Class among others. These cars can be booked on hourly, daily and weekly basis depending upon the need of the customers.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 16:14   #138
BHPian

Although they have more cars , cheaper prices and no distance cap sounds attractive , their initial deposit is too high compared to zoom cars. Thats the only thing preventing me from hiring their cars.
Old 6th July 2015, 16:18   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Although they have more cars , cheaper prices and no distance cap sounds attractive , their initial deposit is too high compared to zoom cars. Thats the only thing preventing me from hiring their cars.
Add to that the hostile sounding policy towards damages. Zoom caps it at max 5000/-. It can be a nightmare with the others as the terms and conditions for damages sounds intimidating. At the least you will lose the entire security deposit by default even if damages are lesser the way it sounds.
Cyrus_the_virus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 17:16   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post
Add to that the hostile sounding policy towards damages. Zoom caps it at max 5000/-. It can be a nightmare with the others as the terms and conditions for damages sounds intimidating. At the least you will lose the entire security deposit by default even if damages are lesser the way it sounds.
By extension, does it mean that drivers preferring Myles cars generally try to be more careful/ sedate to avoid damage? Or conversely, Zoom car drivers are not too worried about banging the car about as the limit on losses is quite low. This is an honest question, as I have no experience with either. Personally, I would prefer to rent a well-maintained and well-driven car every time.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 17:51   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
By extension, does it mean that drivers preferring Myles cars generally try to be more careful/ sedate to avoid damage?
Not exactly , while driving the fault may not be yours , what if someone drives on the wrong side and crahes into you ? You will still end up losing all the deposit money. On the other hand with zoom cars your maximum liability is 5000 Rs. I have rented from zoom earlier , cars are pretty acceptable. I had rented out a scorpio once and it was rattling like an old matador van. I have found figo s to be well mailtained though.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:21   #142
Team-BHP Support

Myles has announced that it is expanding the number of pickup and drop locations in Mumbai. Twenty new locations have been added in the city with the aim of reducing the last mile connectivity and reducing car pick up time.

Customers will now be able to rent a car of their choice by picking it up from locations such as Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Juhu, Vashi, Churchgate Station, BKC, and more. The new locations will take the total count of pickup and drop locations in Mumbai to more than 30.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:12   #143
BHPian

This is what I got in today's email. This is nothing but a ride worth 200 rupees or a deduction of 200 rupees on the first drive! May be if someone wants to test drive one of the car - they could use this option!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-first_drive_myles.jpg  

Old 8th September 2015, 15:34   #144
BHPian

Planning for a family trip to Delhi for 4 days in September. 3 days local and one day plan to drive to Agra. Please help me to decide on the following:
1. Self driven/Chauffer driven car? I am not very familiar with delhi, but do not mind driving.
2. While driving to Agra, will the check post have any hazzles?
3. Is it safe to return from Agra to Delhi in the evening in a self driven car?
Old 10th September 2015, 17:25   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
One major difference I could see between the two; Speed limits, while Carzonrent mandates speed limits fixed by Law, whereas Zoomcar mandates their own set of rules for it. This becomes an issue when the car is driven outstation on very good highways where you might easily trip over 115 kms/hr which is a limit set by Zoom.
The Carzonrent T&C now puts the speed limit at 100kmph. This is even more ridiculous and it would be annoying to keep staring at the speedometer while cruising on the highways. Do they have GPS tracking devices installed to track the speed and location of their fleet?

http://www.carzonrent.com/Car_Misuse_T&C.php

Quote:
Over speeding: Customers are allowed to drive the car up to a maximum speed of 100 km/hr (63 miles/hr), beyond which the car will be considered as over speeding. A penalty of Rs. 1000 will be charged on the first instance, followed by Rs. 5000 for the 2nd and 3rd instance. Booking will stand cancelled and the customer will have to return the car if it crosses the speed limit for more than 3 incidences.

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 10th September 2015 at 17:39.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 20:28   #146
Senior - BHPian

This over speeding clause if true is ridiculous. It will not work.

Myles is definitely cheaper than Zoom. But the deposit amount which they block on credit card is very high.

Another plus point in Delhi for Myles is that you can pick up the car at the terminal 1 and 3 unlike Zoom which is at Aerocity Metro station which is a pain.

I have used Zoom in Delhi but not Myles. Can anyone share their experience of renting out from Myles in Delhi airport?
Old 6th October 2015, 18:21   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Myles is definitely cheaper than Zoom. But the deposit amount which they block on credit card is very high.
Was just looking up some options on the Myles site and it appears as if they have scaled down their security deposit requirement to 5k to match with Zoom.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 19:05   #148
BHPian

From Myles website -

Quote:
The person in whose name the car is booked is completely liable for damages done by anyone else driving the car. The current insurance does not cover any damage by act of god.
Quote:
Damage cost up to INR 5,000/- is to be paid by the customer on actuals. In case of a damage over Rs.5,000/- ,insurance claim will be filed and depreciation amount & parts which are not covered under insurance will be borne by the customer(*Refer Terms of use for more information) .The assessment of damage made by the Company will be final.
Overall, pretty scary proposition, especially given the first quoted statement. What do you think folks ?
Old 12th October 2015, 20:21   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
From Myles website -

The person in whose name the car is booked is completely liable for damages done by anyone else driving the car. The current insurance does not cover any damage by act of god.

Damage cost up to INR 5,000/- is to be paid by the customer on actuals. In case of a damage over Rs.5,000/- ,insurance claim will be filed and depreciation amount & parts which are not covered under insurance will be borne by the customer(*Refer Terms of use for more information) .The assessment of damage made by the Company will be final.

Overall, pretty scary proposition, especially given the first quoted statement. What do you think folks ?
Overall Myles Insurance terms of use is a little worrying. In Zoom, the customer contribution is capped at 5000. But of course Zoom ends up being more expensive especially for longer trips.

The below clause on over speeding seems quite harsh to me. While I agree that 100 is a decent limit considering road conditions, if you are driving a powerful car on a 4/6 lane highway or controlled expressway, it is easy to cross 100 kmph.

Quote:
Over speeding: Customers are allowed to drive the car up to a maximum speed of 100 km/hr (63 miles/hr), beyond which the car will be considered as over speeding. A penalty of Rs. 1000 will be charged on the first instance, followed by Rs. 5000 for the 2nd and 3rd instance. Booking will stand cancelled and the customer will have to return the car if it crosses the speed limit for more than 3 incidences.
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:36   #150
BHPian

Hello All, I have heard that these self drive companies take most vehicles from individual or fleet owners on attachment. Can anyone provide me with some leads on this as I am unable to get across to any of these companies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks