Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2014, 12:47   #1

PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)

Yesterday night we visited PCMC`s latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover at Nashik Phata. Want to share some snaps of the same.
This bridge have two levels, first level connects the Sangvi to Nashik and second level connect Pune to Nashik. Enjoy !!
Attached Thumbnails
PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)-p3080481.jpg  

PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)-p3080483.jpg  

PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)-p3080485.jpg  

PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)-p3080487.jpg  

PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)-p3080488.jpg  

ksanjeev30 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 19:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)

Good to see space provided on the sides for pedestrians, something missing in Delhi flyovers!
directinjection is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 21:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Good to see space provided on the sides for pedestrians, something missing in Delhi flyovers!
That was one of the first things I noticed. Some thought seems to have gone into making this flyover.

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 22:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjeev30 View Post
Yesterday night we visited PCMC`s latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover at Nashik Phata. Want to share some snaps of the same.
This bridge have two levels, first level connects the Sangvi to Nashik and second level connect Pune to Nashik. Enjoy !!
Lovely pics. We also visited last week. I found the lower deck flyover even more of a marvel, because it creates a link which was never there before - from Nashik Highway straight through Pimple-Gurav and onto old Pune-Bombay Road at Jagtap Dairy chowk. From there if you take a right, there are also 3 new flyovers across Dange Chowk, Tathawade and right upto Ravet from where you can reach the expressway. So these flyovers are also useful for those going from University side and wanting to go towards Mumbai. Fantastic alternate route to exit Pune especially in view of the never-ending six laning work going on along the traditional Baner-Hinjewadi route.
suniladhiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 12:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)

Just a few months back, I used to stay at a place, very close to the bridge and I remember coming here at evening for some little walk with my family. Its really a very wonderful place during the evening with cars plying near you, but you are safe on the footpath. Also the train line goes below, so a definite entertainer for my kid too. On the higher bridge, the one which takes a turn towards Nashik for oncoming traffic from Pune, one can have a greater view of the surrounding. Just a few days back, we had just gone to enjoy another evening stroll.
Old 8th June 2016, 20:10   #6
BHPian

Re: PCMC's latest architectural marvel - Bharatratna JRD Tata flyover (Pune)

The cross section below the flyover needs proper lighting, the path leading to the convergence towards bhosari is too dangerous especially for a 2 wheeler hope PCMC address this and not make it another Dange chowk mess

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks