Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 15:45   #16
Team-BHP Support

Well, my wife got ticketed as part of the Kamaraj fiasco. I thought of waiting till the offense comes on line and paying it in a Bangalore one office instead of a cop shop. Two weeks on, no sign of it
Old 28th April 2009, 15:51   #17
BHPian

Here is the link:

Search for Traffic Violations

I checked - My car is not fined ..
Old 28th April 2009, 17:21   #18
BHPian

I have Bangalore police sticking the tickets to windshields for over a year now, Though this is the first case where I've heard that they do this for cars parked in the correct place
Old 28th April 2009, 17:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

It has been there for almost a year now, The inspector does rounds on his bike and sticks the tickets on the
'parking" offenders. This way more fines are collected as they can only tow one vehicle at a time.
It is a good drive as long as they are honest.
Old 28th April 2009, 18:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Microhit, I suspect its just a case of them trying to hit their targets. You could have taken a pic along with the P signboard and showed it to them.

You can also check if this is showing as a violation against your vehicle
Search for Traffic Violations
Old 28th April 2009, 18:57   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

i got an illegal parking ticket like this stuck on my car near Safina Plaza some 4-5 years ago. so i don't think this practice is new. maybe used more often these days. i went to shivajinagar police station and paid it.

very recently i got a computer generated traffic violation letter (for signal jumping) mailed to my home address. very impressed. what is even more impressive is i could pay it online at the above given address. i am sure very soon we will have 'point system' like in other countries which can be used to identify habitual offenders.

my advice to the original poster: cops usually camp where there is ambiguity (signboards like no-free-left, one-way, etc. are obscure), just pay off the fine and move on. these things usually happen only when you go to new areas which is not that often.
Old 28th April 2009, 19:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

i find this a better way - and much more civilized way than towing for wrong parking.

Maybe there has been a few exceptions and one off incidents - but usually i find Bangalore cops have come up with some pretty neat solutions blackberry's, cameras, tickets and online payment of fines.

interestingly, it still doesn't stop people from driving recklessly in Bangalore
Old 28th April 2009, 20:58   #23
BHPian

you can pay traffic violations fines at any bangalore one outlet and even online with your credit card. one can also check if you have any violations against your car by logging into Bangalore City Traffic Police I have a ticket for cutting a yellow line at 8 pm a few months back...god knows where and that too at pm. I never cut yellow lines. Wish the dam thing also mentioned the location

Oh also spotted the interceptor jeep at the old airport road after command hospital on the fast bend...the rear door was open and the cop had his radar and camera ready...guys be careful also seems like they patrol the new airport road as well

Last edited by pranava999 : 28th April 2009 at 21:02.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:06   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

In Nagpur they apply yellow wheel jammers on the car's wheel.Thats worse than getting aticket. You pay fines in either cases but the jammer won't let you move an inch! Even in Gangtok Sikkim there are jammers and these are applied there by motorbiking cops who move down the roads at unearthly hours (nights and early mornings) to apply such jammers.The cops are hanging around at Nagpur and can be approached to pay the fine.But in Gangtok, they jam the car and move far away-the "Kancha" or the "Kanchi" has to run around.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

They can make good money if they camp with speed detectors on new airport road.
Old 29th April 2009, 00:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
My dad had a similar experience in Cochin, he was very surprised to see a "parking ticket" when to the cops and they said it was parked in the correct zone but was parked "causing inconvenience to others" whatever that means.

Finally he paid 100 and went on his way.
I had the exact same experience. I was issued a ticket in Trivandrum about 3 years ago stating that I was parked "causing inconvenience to others". I went straight to the police station and asked them what that meant. The guy there didn't have a clue and asked me to come back later to speak with the cop who issued the ticket. Since the opportunity cost of coming back later was way higher than the fine, I decided to pay it off.

Why are the parking rules in most cities in India so vague? The cops always seem to use it to their advantage. I wish there was a formal parking code/book published by the RTO which we could buy and follow. If the cops start acting smart, we could just whip out the book (technically printed by them) and use it to defend ourselves.
Old 29th April 2009, 01:04   #27
Team-BHP Support

I guess this ticketing funda is now all pervasive in most of the IT savvy states. In Hyderabad also they send a nice computer generated letter and carries markings of the Commissioner of Police - Traffic on the letter as well as the envelope. Here also you can pay the fine online through eSeva. But they charge 35% as service charge. Thats stiff. For a Rs100 violation eSeva charges you 135 bucks. On the other hand if you go to the office of the commisioner at the end of the world (Gachibowli) you can pay only 100 bucks. Hyderabad police now also has a website where amongst other things one can also check the number of tickets issued against the vehicle number. Its also there on the letter that they send you. I think the max count is 2 or 3 in a year before they summon you and take stricter action.
Old 29th April 2009, 09:59   #28
BHPian

Yep. I got three times. Once when I parked infront of Wockhardt hospital, Cunningham road and second time when parked beside Esteem Mall Hebbal and third time while parking on Malleswaram circle (newly constructed bridge) for 100Rs each. Promptly paid to the traffic inspector standing at the places.

This way is much much better than towing the car away, where you get lots of free scratches on your car and damaged bumper.

Regards,
Mahadev
Old 29th April 2009, 10:32   #29
BHPian

Its the same here in Chandigarh.
They only stick parking tickets to CH registered cars cause they have records of them only and can send a notice in case fine is not paid.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Here also you can pay the fine online through eSeva. But they charge 35% as service charge. Thats stiff. For a Rs100 violation eSeva charges you 135 bucks. On the other hand if you go to the office of the commisioner at the end of the world (Gachibowli) you can pay only 100 bucks.
OT: Thats too much service tax! Atleast in the interest of reducing environmental pollution and avoiding clogging of roads, the govt should be encouraging online payments. Ironical!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks