Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 14:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Traffic Ticket in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
You are kidding us, right? Pray tell that is so.
No, I am not. I have paid 300 bucks twice. One I have mentioned here, the other when it was my mistake.

The Break Up-

100 for wrong parking
100 for towing
100 for private towing.

When I asked him what that private towing was, he told me they hire the tow truck on daily basis and they pay rent from this 100 buck.

And no, I was not conned, the challan was BB generated

Both the times, it was towed from Malleshwaram. No, not from the same spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
1,3,5,7 etc indicate the date of the month, not day of the week.

Rohan
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Looks like the cop took mercy on you and let you off .
Lucky me :-)
Old 11th January 2012, 14:48   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12

No, I am not. :-)
But you parked under a no parking sign. Are we missing something here?
Old 11th January 2012, 14:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
You are kidding us, right? Pray tell that is so..
My bro had left the car in nuetral as we were just across the road. We have actually caught a constable pushing my bros esteem from a parking spot into the no parking spot so he could put the wheel clamp on it (this was off linking road, bombay)
He muttered something about the car coming in the way of traffic and he was not in fact moving it into the no parking zone. So i wont be too surprised at this.
Old 11th January 2012, 15:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But you parked under a no parking sign. Are we missing something here?

I parked under a parking sign. Right below it. And they towed it. When I argued with him, he said parking on the line=offense. There was nothing I could do, the bugger had already entered the details in BB.

EDIT: Just saw my original post. Gosh!, its supposed to be parking and not 'no parking' *Blush*

Last edited by sachinj12 : 11th January 2012 at 15:19. Reason: My post convey the meaning opposite to what I intended it to convey :D
Old 11th January 2012, 15:27   #50
BHPian

I was sent a Rs.100 notice for jumping signal at Wipro Junction Kormangala. Though I do not remember jumping signal anytime. I paid it quietly at the nearest Bangalore One outlet. I must admit, I am kinda happy with the progress the cops are doing.

Question is, how about the vehicle which is non-Bangalore registered. Will they send a notice to another town/ city/ state? What happens if one doesnt pay up?

Last edited by mac187 : 11th January 2012 at 15:29.
Old 12th January 2012, 18:17   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I have received "jumping signals" notices by post on two occasions from locations which I never drove to on those dates. I have no way of disputing this, so paid up on their website. But what if it keeps happening again and again?
Old 13th January 2012, 11:41   #52
BHPian

I too have received a yellow Inland Letter notice asking me to pay up Rs. 100 for jumping a red light. Which is fine except I NEVER visited the junction that the Blr Police say I was at!

A friend of mine who also got this even went to the Police Commissioner, met him personally and the advise from the top cop was, "I am sorry Sir, please pay up. We cannot do anything about this currently!" The friend came away pleased that the cop heard him out patiently, politely and was frank.

So the cops know this is happening. Shouldn't they fix this problem? Send a video grab or pic as proof of the traffic infarction. After all they have cameras at most of the traffic junctions now.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:20   #53
mgh
BHPian

Warning- Do not make the mistake of parking anywhere on CMH Road next to Metro+ even on side roads, make sure that you have parked properly. The cops have a quota to fill apparently, and hand out 100 Rs tickets. If you are driving, park on one of the roads parallel to CMH road, to be safe.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:35   #54
BHPian

Shouldnt it be ok to park where there are no signs?? I mean if there is no board indicating if its no parking or parking.. it should be fine right? They cant tow off your vehicle.
Old 13th January 2012, 13:07   #55
BHPian

This system is really crap. how do we trust these cops are fining us for the right offense?

I had an arugement with one cop one day, he was telling me the car is in no parking zone, the truth is it was not. he let me go without paying any fine.

After 2 weeks i check online, my car has been fined for 3 different offenses. when i ask for a video proof they say they can not provide it.

How do we trust they are putting a fine on us for the right reason?
This System is nothing else but 'White Collar Corruption'.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:07   #56
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
How do we trust they are putting a fine on us for the right reason?
This System is nothing else but 'White Collar Corruption'.
Atleast the money now goes to the system rather than some random cops pocket. And best thing you do not get pulled up on the road as much as before, so you reach your destination faster, from where you can pay fine online.
I think this wrong fines are technical problem than someone deliberately trying to impose fine. Which ofcourse should be corrected, but will take some time I guess.

Last edited by mxx : 13th January 2012 at 15:09.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:45   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I have received "jumping signals" notices by post on two occasions from locations which I never drove to on those dates. I have no way of disputing this, so paid up on their website. But what if it keeps happening again and again?
Well..I got a "jumping signal" ticket once in an area in Bangalore that I have NEVER visited.

So I went to the nearest Traffic Police Station and spoke to the guy. He looked up my car registration number online and found a bike having a similar number (last 3 digits same + first few letters also the same). So he accepted my explanation and cancelled my ticket.

No bribe paid, no ticket paid. All I did was talk politely and respectfully and explain my case. I have found that talking in the local language with humility & respect usually helps.
spiritual is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 15:56   #58
BHPian

Just a doubt. Can the traffic cop stop me while driving and by the time I stop and get to the inspector, can he enter a fictitious violation and then issue me a ticket ?

Put in another way, does the blackberry issued ticket give the date/time of the traffic violation ?
Old 13th January 2012, 17:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Just a doubt. Can the traffic cop stop me while driving and by the time I stop and get to the inspector, can he enter a fictitious violation and then issue me a ticket ?
He would have to prove the violation. The only charge that the cops often use to make money is overspeeding - AFAIK, you can challenge this in court, if you are not given a speed radar report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Put in another way, does the blackberry issued ticket give the date/time of the traffic violation ?
It does.
Old 13th January 2012, 18:44   #60
HKP
BHPian

I too got the traffic ticket mailed to my home address recently. On the old airport ISRO junction signal, my car was apparently stopped on the 'Pedestrian Crossing' line.

The ticket had a 5 or digit number and when I log in to Bangalore traffic police website and gave that number it gave me a screenshot from the Traffic camera, time etc that shows the picture of my car at the signal. There is some 'trace' of a pedestrian crossing at least up to half the road!! I could have never seen that from the car. There were many bikers ahead of me on the same day.

I paid the Rs 100 fine by going to the nearest bangaloreone center and got the receipt.

Whenever I see vehicles stopped at the same signal I notice this now. There will be lots of bikers, autos, Volvo buses stopped even after the Signal Line and on the pedestrian crossing. Are they sending these tickets to all the vehicles or only to some random people? How about out of state registered cars? How will they know which address to send to?

Does anyone know?

\\hkp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks