Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 10:29   #76
BHPian

Re: Traffic Ticket in Bangalore

I have had an instance wherein the fine was paid to the inspector on spot. After 6 months, get a call from the local police station that there is an unpaid fine against my name. Went and got it enquired, it was the old one, showed them the receipt, they just wanted a copy of it for records.
It doesn't matter how and when you pay, just keep the receipts with you all the time (especially while driving).
Old 15th November 2014, 15:33   #77
BHPian

Speeding Ticket from Mysore Police

A friend of mine seems to have done the impossible. Got a speeding ticket on the Mysore Bangalore highway. Impossible because of the 140 odd speed breakers on this road. But he's not finding a place online to pay the fine. Bangalore one says he needs to go to Mysore to pay this. Anyone faced this issue? I checked the Mysore Police website, and couldn't find a way to make this payment online. If anyone has faced this issue and has a suggestion, would appreciate it very much. TIA.
Old 15th November 2014, 18:04   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Speeding Ticket from Mysore Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
A friend of mine seems to have done the impossible. Got a speeding ticket on the Mysore Bangalore highway. Impossible because of the 140 odd speed breakers on this road. But he's not finding a place online to pay the fine. Bangalore one says he needs to go to Mysore to pay this. Anyone faced this issue? I checked the Mysore Police website, and couldn't find a way to make this payment online. If anyone has faced this issue and has a suggestion, would appreciate it very much. TIA.
Isn't it a spot fine when caught by the 'interceptor'? Or did your friend evade the cops?

Cops know that frustrated motorists are sure to step on the gas once they get a decent stretch without humps. Though on BLR - MYS road they normally stand at points which are within town limits and the speed limit is lower. I like the interceptor vehicles. They do help in keeping vehicle speeds in check. Along with the speed limits signs for the town zones, they really should put up a sign saying "SPEED CAMERA ZONE" and "fine Rs. xxx". People will automatically slow down. The intention of the enforcement should not be to collect fine and meet targets, but rather ensure there is higher adherence to the rule of law.
Santoshbhat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 12:04   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
they really should put up a sign saying "SPEED CAMERA ZONE" and "fine Rs. xxx". People will automatically slow down. The intention of the enforcement should not be to collect fine and meet targets, but rather ensure there is higher adherence to the rule of law.
+1 to this.

I have seen that people are very observant and well behaved at places where they know the regular checks happen, so it is all in the mind set. Place these boards at multiple places and then make sure that the checks do happen at these places once in a while and this I believe would instill some discipline amongst the users.

On the Other Hand, wouldn't our truck drivers be fined every time they take to the road, as they only occupy the right lane and the other parts of the roads are non-existent to them? I wonder if any one has any data around fines for this community.
Old 14th January 2015, 15:23   #80
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Please correct if this is not the right forum to post this:

I casually checked for any fines against my car in Bangalore on www.btis.in. The search showed a fine of Rs. 100 on Oct 10, 2014 for 'Driving without seatbelt'. I generally do not drive without belts and therefore started recalling the incident. To my shock, I recalled that I was not in Bangalore from Sep 26 to Oct 13th. The car was securely locked covered and parked in my apartment basement parking.

Is there a way to correct this or should I just pay the fine to avoid any future hassles?
Old 14th January 2015, 16:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Please correct if this is not the right forum to post this:

I casually checked for any fines against my car in Bangalore on www.btis.in. The search showed a fine of Rs. 100 on Oct 10, 2014 for 'Driving without seatbelt'. I generally do not drive without belts and therefore started recalling the incident. To my shock, I recalled that I was not in Bangalore from Sep 26 to Oct 13th. The car was securely locked covered and parked in my apartment basement parking.

Is there a way to correct this or should I just pay the fine to avoid any future hassles?
This is right thread to post this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ngalore-6.html

Mods: Request you to move both the posts to the above thread.

@pahwa: Request you to check on this website, which will also have a proof(picture) if it is below 6 months. In your case you should find it if it has been captured in a cc camera as your fine date is less than 6 months and in case if you are out of luck and no proof is available then you might end up paying the fine. If you wish to you can post this on the BTP facebook page and they will assist you with the right police station to contact and resolve this.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 15:30   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am in same spot, got a speeding ticket sent over post to my residence in Bangalore. This was on Mysore - Nanjangud stretch, I noticed the interceptor, but they did not flag me down and thought it was luck day for me. Now trying to figure out a way to make the payment in Mysore since there is no online option available
Old 11th February 2015, 19:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am in same spot, got a speeding ticket sent over post to my residence in Bangalore. This was on Mysore - Nanjangud stretch, I noticed the interceptor, but they did not flag me down and thought it was luck day for me. Now trying to figure out a way to make the payment in Mysore since there is no online option available
I wrote on the Mysore police FB page and they responded by saying you can send a money order quoting the ticket number. But when I called them up, they had a different story to say. They said it was not advised as you wouldn't know who gets the money. Their advise was to pay it up in any police station in Mysore the next time you passed that area.
triedeverything is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 22:08   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I wrote on the Mysore police FB page and they responded by saying you can send a money order quoting the ticket number. But when I called them up, they had a different story to say. They said it was not advised as you wouldn't know who gets the money. Their advise was to pay it up in any police station in Mysore the next time you passed that area.
Any luck on whats the best way to pay the fine from Bangalore? Need the info as I have received fine from Mysore traffic cops for wrong parking during my last visit.
Old 17th April 2015, 05:01   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Any luck on whats the best way to pay the fine from Bangalore? Need the info as I have received fine from Mysore traffic cops for wrong parking during my last visit.
The other way is to find someone going to Mysore, or a regular visitor, who can pay it on the way
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:24   #86
BHPian

Quote:
The other way is to find someone going to Mysore, or a regular visitor, who can pay it on the way
A fellow member volunteered to pay the fine, which was really kind. Thanks mate.

Not sure why the fine payment cant be made online through www.karnatakaone.gov.in/. Have written about the same to Mysore police.
Old 27th August 2015, 15:21   #87
BANNED

I just happened to check online for any pending traffic fines and found two listed for 15/08/2014 for my car. Surprisingly, I was in Hampi on that day and not in Bangalore at the time mentioned in the notice. There is no proof/photo of the violation. I wrote to BTP on twitter and they in turn ask me to contact Indiranagar PS. I have written to them on twitter for proof, but highly unlikely I will get a reply. What are my options? I do not want to pay the fine when I haven't done anything wrong.
Old 29th February 2016, 10:12   #88
BHPian

Traffic police slap notice on car owner for not wearing helmet
In a strange case, the city traffic police have booked Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) state media in-charge, Prakash S., for not wearing helmet and riding pillion in his Toyota Innova car.

Mr. Prakash, who received the notice dated February 5 via post recently, found that it had his car registration number along with the type of offence — riding pillion and not wearing helmet.

“The registration number of my car is KA-04 MP 7257. The same is printed in the notice, with a fine amount of Rs. 100 for the pillion rider not wearing helmet on February 4, near Basaveshwara Circle. Moreover, the notice specifically mentions the type of vehicle as a car,” he said.

This is serious mistake on part of the police and should be rectified immediately, Mr. Prakash said. “If this is the case, then imagine how many more people would have received such faulty notices,” he added.

Reacting to this, a senior police officer said that the error could be due to a technical fault and would be rectified immediately.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...gn=WidgetPromo
Moderators: Please move to apprropriate thread as I couldnt find one.Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:25   #89
BHPian

Hey guys, had some unpaid parking ticket, which i promptly paid up online and have a receipt for. But the website still shows that the fine isn't paid. Does it always happen or should i pursue it further with Bangalore one to check if it was something wrong with my payment. Does it get updated later?
I'm worried some cop is going to flag me down and argue about the unpaid fine!
Old 14th June 2017, 13:39   #90
BHPian

Should I pay this challan?

Hi friends,

I had given my car (Ford Figo 2015) for periodic servicing on 11th Mar 2017 and had complained about excessive play in the steering at speeds above 120 kmph (which I had observed once while driving between Vijayawada and Hyderabad shortly before the servicing). When I took the delivery of the car the SA told that they were unable to reproduce the issue and therefore couldn't fix it. I had since never seen the issue myself and therefore forgotten about it.

Due to recent rains in Hyderabad, I had changed my route to travel via a stretch of ORR where its very difficult to drive within speed limits (vast empty 8 lane roads and the delight of not having to negotiate 2 and 3 wheelers). Today I saw a couple of speed cameras on the route and was afraid I might have been caught speeding. So I logged in to Hyderabad Traffic police's e-challan website and guess what I saw. There was a speeding ticket for 11th Mar 2017 for the time when my vehicle was supposed to be with the Service centre. When I tried to open the attached image, a blank screen popped up

Do you think I need to pay this amount from my pocket or will it be any good to take it up with the service centre? The biggest problem I have is that I don't have any document that shows the duration of the car's stay with the service centre (only have the invoice which shows the date).

BTW: I have already reported the lack of evidence image image with the e-challan on the website.
Attached Thumbnails
Traffic Ticket in Bangalore-untitled.jpg  

revvenant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks